Windows 10: Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.

Discus and support Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a bought a new laptop which 3 different people will share so I created 3 different user accounts for each person. I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidCostache1, May 25, 2019.

1. Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.

Hello,

I have a bought a new laptop which 3 different people will share so I created 3 different user accounts for each person. I would assume that each user would see his/her own programs and desktop but that doesn't seem to be the case. When someone adds something or removes something from their desktop, the other users' desktop will be affected as well. Same goes for installing and removing programs and apps. I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 5570.

Thank you in advance, David.

:)

DavidCostache1, May 25, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, May 25, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.

"Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.

1. Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts. - Similar Threads - Programs desktop are

2. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  3. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  4. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.: HiI was looking for a way to share some apps in my account to my brother account. For example, I have program X in my account. But another user can't use app and have to install it again. This will take entire space in my PC and I don't know what to do....
  6. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.: HiI was looking for a way to share some apps in my account to my brother account. For example, I have program X in my account. But another user can't use app and have to install it again. This will take entire space in my PC and I don't know what to do....
  7. How to share running programs/desktop under different user accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to share running programs/desktop under different user accounts?: Typically, we use some set of simulation/diagnostic programs, which must keep running for some period of time without any interruption on a shared workstation. But we also need to keep separate user accounts for each participant due to security reasons - therefore, no shared...
  8. difference between microsoft account and user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...
  9. difference between microsoft account and user profile

in Windows 10 Support
    difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...
  10. File sharing between users at different locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing between users at different locations: I would like to share files across different computers with different users. For example, the admin user on Desktop would like to have full control over Laptop and vice versa. I have network discovery and file sharing turned on, the proper services are started, and the...