Windows 10: Programs and Features has a black background in dark mode

Discus and support Programs and Features has a black background in dark mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a weird problem where the programs list background in Programs and Features applet is dark gray/black, as you can see, making the entries almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ksio89, Jul 31, 2020.

1. ksio89 Win User

Programs and Features has a black background in dark mode

I have a weird problem where the programs list background in Programs and Features applet is dark gray/black, as you can see, making the entries almost unreadable:

Programs and Features has a black background in dark mode Programas-e-Recursos.png

It's strange because no other Control Panel applets have this issue, and another machine does not have this problem when dark mode is on. This machine has had this issue for ages, and it persisted even after refreshing Windows. Any idea on how to fix it without having to revert to light scheme or use the dreadful Apps and Features app?

Windows 10 build is 19041.338

:)

ksio89, Jul 31, 2020
  2. al92lt1 Win User

Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shoes black text on dark background. Can't read icin labels.

I have been using the Dark mode and find it easier on the eyes. I was looking forward to this update because Microsoft was expanding the dark mode to file explorer windows. On the 3 computers that I just updated, when viewing a file explorer window the
    icon labels are in black text and are almost impossible to read against the dark background. In all the articles that I've seen that are touting this new feature, the screen shots show the text and labels in white text which is easy to read against the dark
    background. How can I get the white text?

al92lt1, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Others Win User
    Qttabbar-white tabs in explorer dark mode-Command names black on black

I have installed qttabbar with windows 10 (OS Build 18363.693). I'm using windows dark mode. Tabs have a white background though, and there doesn't seem to be anyway of changing it. I also have stexbar installed. The bar though has black writing on a black background. I believe both might be one cause.
    I have used the following settings: QTTabBar Options> Appearance> Toolbar> Toolbar background colour set to black. Explorer bar background etc unticked, they still show dark as I would expect with dark mode of windows.

I've included a screenshot of what it looks like.
    Any help is appreciated,
    Many thanks.

Others, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Programs and Features has a black background in dark mode

Dark Mode

I have low vision and can only view PC and iPhone screens in Dark Mode.

While in Windows 10 Dark Mode can I print a normal-looking document

i.e. black text on white background directly from Dark Mode? I can do

this from my iPhone and iPad. Currently, I use a Windows 7 PC using

High Contrast Black.and have to change to a White background to print a

normal-looking document.

Thanks.

IrinaMac&, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Programs and Features has a black background in dark mode

1. Programs and Features has a black background in dark mode - Similar Threads - Programs Features has

2. Pitch black background in apps in W11 with dark mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pitch black background in apps in W11 with dark mode?: I would like to have a completely absolute, fully black background in my apps. There should not be light at all. Like zero, where no light is required with the dark mode. Is it possible to adjust W11 so that the background becomes completely black? Like in my browser? I am...
  3. Pitch black background in apps in W11 with dark mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pitch black background in apps in W11 with dark mode?: I would like to have a completely absolute, fully black background in my apps. There should not be light at all. Like zero, where no light is required with the dark mode. Is it possible to adjust W11 so that the background becomes completely black? Like in my browser? I am...
  4. Requesting Dark mode for task manager, control panel and programs and feature and the full...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Requesting Dark mode for task manager, control panel and programs and feature and the full...: Some apps in windows 10 dont have dark mode. Most of the other applications in my desktop is in dark mode so whenever i open the task manager to see what are the things running in background my eyes hurt in the dark background. I know people dont stare at task manager for 5...
  5. Icon backgrounds in dark mode are white

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon backgrounds in dark mode are white: I believe this started with Windows version 2004 but only these two programs seem to look weird. I tried to re-add the shortcuts manually but that did nothing. I also tried to reinstall premiere and audition but that also did nothing. Changing modes to light hides the problem...
  6. Dark mode shows photos as black background & drawings are broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark mode shows photos as black background & drawings are broken: [IMG] Been on Windows 10 dark mode for a while and only noticed now that all of my images in file explorer that have a transparent background for .png show up as a black background which doesn't disappear even when I switch off dark mode. When I do switch off dark mode...
  7. Dark mode shows photos as black background & drawings are broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark mode shows photos as black background & drawings are broken: [IMG] Been on Windows 10 dark mode for a while and only noticed now that all of my images in file explorer that have a transparent background for .png show up as a black background which doesn't disappear even when I switch off dark mode. When I do switch off dark mode...
  8. Personalisation - Colours - Dark - Programs and Features background colour change

Personalisation - Colours - Dark - Programs and Features background colour change: Hi, Is there a way to change the back ground colour in the Programs and Features(Uninstall or change a program)? I like to use the Dark theme under Colours however I have a problem when I go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program the background is dark like it...
  9. Dark Background

Dark Background: I just picked up a new surface pro, and I am not able to get the office / windows product to display anything other than a black background, which I really do not like. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-background/8b65415e-8ad8-4b57-b5f4-0e7c38ec2ebc
  10. Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shows black text on dark background. Can't read icon...

Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shows black text on dark background. Can't read icon...: Can't change background or text color Problem only with file explorer. Same problem on all 3 of my pc's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ver-1809-dark-mode-in-file-explorer-shows-black/b541fa1a-6a88-4cbe-aa29-ff4c971b0fe1