Windows 10: Programs and features

Discus and support Programs and features in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The list of windows settings is extensive. Is there a default setting or a list of items that must be left on in order to keep the basic Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveMcIntire, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Programs and features

The list of windows settings is extensive. Is there a default setting or a list of items that must be left on in order to keep the basic Win10 programs running. I would like to shut down anything that is burning Ram

that I don't need. Cortina is the biggest user of Ram on my laptop and I don't even use it. Is there a way to shut her down?

:)

SteveMcIntire, Nov 17, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Unable to view installed updates under Programs and Features, says: Searching for programs

Hi Lanneau,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if you have installed any programs after upgrade to Windows 10?

I suggest you to try the below and check if helps.

Steps:

• Right click on Start button from desktop and select
      Programs and Features
    • Click on View installed updates to find if any installed.
    • If there are no programs installed then you will see: No programs are installed on this computer in the window.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further assistance on Windows Operating System. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Programs and features

can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Programs and features

1. Programs and features - Similar Threads - Programs features

2. doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?: doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doses-win-11-backup-save-include-programs-features/d337be75-04af-4e2c-8163-20b2ef6bcd16
  3. doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?: doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doses-win-11-backup-save-include-programs-features/d337be75-04af-4e2c-8163-20b2ef6bcd16
  4. the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today: the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dates-column-blank-when-i-opened-control/a9ae12b2-a442-49cb-a4b1-915054719079
  5. the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today

the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today: the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dates-column-blank-when-i-opened-control/a9ae12b2-a442-49cb-a4b1-915054719079
  6. Error opening Help in Windows-based programs: "Feature not included" or "Help not supported"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error opening Help in Windows-based programs: "Feature not included" or "Help not supported": I get this error message and cannot make sense of the resolution supplied. Does anyone have a clear, understandable solution for this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-opening-help-in-windows-based-programs/6d1d7184-b56d-42cc-b54a-d7c175db0a40
  7. Error opening Help in Windows-based programs: "Feature not included" or "Help not supported"

Error opening Help in Windows-based programs: "Feature not included" or "Help not supported": I get this error message and cannot make sense of the resolution supplied. Does anyone have a clear, understandable solution for this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-opening-help-in-windows-based-programs/6d1d7184-b56d-42cc-b54a-d7c175db0a40
  8. When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature?...: When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature? For instance, when I type the letter "d" I want "Dominic" to be listed as a prediction....
  9. When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature?...

When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature?...: When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature? For instance, when I type the letter "d" I want "Dominic" to be listed as a prediction....
  10. How to leave the insider program and install windows 11 without the Windows Feature...

How to leave the insider program and install windows 11 without the Windows Feature...: I'm having a lot of issues trying to play Overwatch 2 since the last update season 9.Trying to solve these issues using their Technical Support forums, i was told that I'm using an Windows Insider Build.They based this in the fact that I'm using the Windows Feature Experience...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Programs and features

2. program and features

3. programs and features settings

4. programs and features windows 10,
  5. windows programs and features,
  6. programs & features,
  7. programs and feature,
  8. windows programs and features list,
  9. programs and features windows10,
  10. Programes and Features,
  11. programmes a nd features,