Windows 10: Programs and MSconfig won't open

Discus and support Programs and MSconfig won't open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,Whenever I try to open a programExpressVPN, Notepad, Winrar, and every video game. It opens, and then closes immediately, in task manager it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LllNo, Aug 16, 2021.

1. LllNo Win User

Programs and MSconfig won't open

Hello,Whenever I try to open a programExpressVPN, Notepad, Winrar, and every video game. It opens, and then closes immediately, in task manager it says it gets suspended. I tried to fix the issue by running "sfc /scannow" in cmd prompt but it says it this "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."I also tried to open MSConfig, but the same thing happens. It opens gets suspended then closes after. A YouTube video brought me to look in the WindowsApps in my C: drive, but my program files were missing when I went to go check. I've also ran a full Windows anti-virus sca

:)

LllNo, Aug 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Aug 16, 2021
  3. Volume Mute Light won´t change color

For my model only up to win7 is listed and HP says that it does not provide win 10 upgrades for a laptop my age. Don´t know how to open or use msconfig-my computer skills are very selective and all in all very poor.

mrsnakeman, Aug 16, 2021
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. Programs and MSconfig won't open - Similar Threads - Programs MSconfig won't

2. My Program Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Program Won't Open: I have a Windows 10 laptop, and I'm using a XP-PEN Artist 12 tablet. I used it just maybe a few months ago. Today, I tried to open the program, but it wouldn't work. It said that my computer was not recognizing the device, and that it was unknown. I went into the program for...
  3. My Program Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Program Won't Open: I have a Windows 10 laptop, and I'm using a XP-PEN Artist 12 tablet. I used it just maybe a few months ago. Today, I tried to open the program, but it wouldn't work. It said that my computer was not recognizing the device, and that it was unknown. I went into the program for...
  4. Program won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program won't open: Hello,I have a program that won't open on Windows 10. After I double click to run it, it's process appears in the Task Manager, stays there for some 30 seconds or so and than disappears. The program's window never appears. Here are the details.1. The program is at least six...
  5. Various Programs Won't Open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Various Programs Won't Open: This is a problem that has been going on for the past couple months. Many seemingly unrelated programs refuse to open on my computer. They'll open in the background, you can see them in task manager, but the actual app won't open. This has happened with programs from DOOM...
  6. WSOP program won't open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WSOP program won't open.: I have been playing WSOP poker daily for a few years. Now the program won't load. It opened earlier today, but not now. Just says "loading" then never opens. My internet connection is working for other programs....
  7. Cortana won't open programs

in Cortana
    Cortana won't open programs: I upgraded my Windows 10 to version 2004. After that I open some apps from cortana. And after that I also updated cortana applications. After that I can't open apps from cortana...
  8. Some programs won't open!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some programs won't open!?: So, I just updated my Windows 7 to Windows 10, aaand, some games/programs open normally, and others just won't show up on my screen, i tried updating drivers/Nvidia drivers/Visual C++, turn windows protection off, but nothing. After I installed Visual C++ 2015/2017/2019, one...
  9. Program won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program won't open: I have a program that I can't get to open. I tried a whole bunch of different things to solve it and nothing worked, so eventually I reinstalled Windows. That fixed it for a couple of weeks, but now it's back to not opening again. It shows up in Task Manager as a process...
  10. msconfig and startup programs

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig and startup programs: msconfig wont change back to "normal startup". startup items does not startup even when changed to activated. do i have to reinstall programs for these to work? 46381