Windows 10: Programs are freezing CONSTANTLY after downgrading to version 1803

Discus and support Programs are freezing CONSTANTLY after downgrading to version 1803 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had to downgrade to windows 10 version 1803 from the 1809 train wreck. all is well, except at random times, very frequently and for no reason,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LuigiPlayer64, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Programs are freezing CONSTANTLY after downgrading to version 1803

I had to downgrade to windows 10 version 1803 from the 1809 train wreck. all is well, except at random times, very frequently and for no reason, whatever program I'm in will freeze. and task manager is the only way to close it. is there any particular cause to this? it is driving me insane. the 1809 update constantly overheated my PC, and gave me BSOD's, and this is not much better. I didnt have this issue with 1803 before 1809 was installed. no software has updated since before 1809 was installed last week.

CPU: AMD Athlon II x2 2.1 GHZ, virtualization enabled, 4 cores. 8 GB ddr2 ram. Windows 10, version 1803, build 17134.407

:)

LuigiPlayer64, Nov 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 Constantly Freezes

Windows 10 on PC constantly freezes. I called support with no help. It freezes every 2-3 minutes. This is unacceptable and I don't know what to do. The Windows rep suggest that I could go back to Windows 8. I've had 10 for almost two months and I would
    like to keep it; I just want it to stop freezing my PC. I have tried the various suggestions given to no avail, this is a Windows 10 problem. PLEASE HELP

ShakeelaMuhammad, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

1. Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    2. Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Nov 27, 2018
  4. PerBylund Win User

Programs are freezing CONSTANTLY after downgrading to version 1803

Drive+ version 4.1.5598.0 constantly freezes, crashes

I rely on HERE Drive+ for my travels and it's worked beautifully. Until now. I recently updated my phone, a Lumia 810, to WP 8.1.1 as well as downloaded the latest updates to maps and the new version of the Drive+ app. This combination (not sure who's the
    culprit, individually or jointly) doesn't work. The app constantly freezes. Yes,
    every time I use it.

I tried rebooting the phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and I've tried running the app without traffic updates as well as offline. The result is always the same: the app freezes and then crashes (disappears). Restarting it only starts the freeze-crash
    cycle anew.

What could be the problem? Are there more things I should try as fixes or workarounds? Is it because I have offline maps on an SD card? Or is this a bug in the latest version that people at HERE are working on? I'll be on the road soon again, but without
    navigation help...

Any suggestions or comments appreciated!

PerBylund, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Programs are freezing CONSTANTLY after downgrading to version 1803

1. Programs are freezing CONSTANTLY after downgrading to version 1803 - Similar Threads - Programs are freezing

2. downgrading versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgrading versions: how do i downgrade from win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro on HP elitebook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrading-versions/014a2a88-0ba7-4fbe-a96c-edd6612e42a0
  3. 1909 Auto Downgrade to 1803 after update

1909 Auto Downgrade to 1803 after update: I have a machine that was recently updated to 1909. The computer was confirmed to be on 1909 after the updates finished. A few days later the user of the computer complained of some issues on the computer. Another tech went in to look and saw that the machine was again on...
  4. Downgrade 1903 to 1803

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downgrade 1903 to 1803: How? submitted by /u/2_KEN_8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/guyvwa/downgrade_1903_to_1803/
  5. Cumulative Update for windows 10 version 1803 freezes

Cumulative Update for windows 10 version 1803 freezes: I have several dell Optiplex 3050 AIO, 2 weeks ago one of them started to freeze while I was creating a new windows 10 image, when I create the image I make sure that all updates are installed before I capture the image, but windows was totally freezing whenever trying to...
  6. After downgrading from 1803 to 1703, Windows update is not showing 1803 update.

After downgrading from 1803 to 1703, Windows update is not showing 1803 update.: Hey, Thing is I bought a new Dell Inspiron 13 which comes with Windows 10 Home. I let the windows update to 1803 with updates automatically. Then, I used my Windows 10 Pro key to upgrade to Pro version, but I totally forgot that I had used that key previously in one of my...
  7. Downgraded from version 1803 (April 2018 Update) back to 1709 after having issues with it,...

Downgraded from version 1803 (April 2018 Update) back to 1709 after having issues with it,...: Hi When I tried to install the April 2018 Update, I had an issue with my computer getting the BSOD shortly after booting up, so I fell back to the previous version of Windows. Since then, I wanted to try and update my computer again, but it won't show up in Windows Update....
  8. Freezing after update 1803 and 1709

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing after update 1803 and 1709: Hi Microsoft Guys, After i updated my Windows 10 to 1709 or 1803 it keeps lagging and freezing the whole system on startup and keeps freezing my software after 30 mins of just leaving to unfreeze. My Laptop is Acer Aspire v 14 touch, Product I.D is V3-472P-324J, intel...
  9. Cumulative Update for windows 10 version 1803 freezes

Cumulative Update for windows 10 version 1803 freezes: I have several dell Optiplex 3050 AIO, 2 weeks ago one of them started to freeze while I was creating a new windows 10 image, when I create the image I make sure that all updates are installed before I capture the image, but windows was totally freezing whenever trying to...
  10. Constant freezing, slow to open programs and files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant freezing, slow to open programs and files.: The title says it all. Constant freezing and slow to open programs - I'm talking about minutes not seconds. I have anti-virus and malware software working. Recently, downloaded latest Windows 10 update. Now it seems worse. But it was bad before that. Any suggestions? Thanks....