Windows 10: Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run

Discus and support Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Did a search but did not find anything recent. Since the last update or two, random programs (usually older ones) will not immediately run but will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by John Pombrio, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run

Did a search but did not find anything recent.
    Since the last update or two, random programs (usually older ones) will not immediately run but will come up in task manager first in suspended mode. They will eventually run after a minute, usually in a rush with all instances popping up at once. More clicks on the same shortcut just adds to the list. It makes the taskbar hang with the ring. I have tried right clicking and run as administrator and just open with same results.
    There are multiple hits on MS websites with no solution.
    UAC is disabled.
    Anyone else? Is there already a thread for this?

EDIT Thought it was Hyper-V but nope.

Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run [​IMG]

:)

John Pombrio, Jan 30, 2019
  2. jerryyea Win User

Apps. Suspended in Task Manager

I have tried the Explorer thing and tried to turn Cortana back on but I still hve things suspended in Task Manager.

Calculator is now suspended.

Cortana is now suspended

Photos is now suspended

Reminders WinRT OOP Server is now suspended

Windows Shell Experience is now suspended

I'm not having problems but I just can't figure out why they're suspended and how to remove the suspension.

I'm lost and may I say I'm just a novice/user. I've never been "too deep" into troubleshooting problems.

It's an HP Phoenix Desktop, one of the top of the line HP PC's.

Maybe I should go to the HP chat for help.

The only thing with that is a lot of times they want to do a system restore and I have way too many programs installed to do that.

Thanks

Jerry

jerryyea, Jan 30, 2019
  3. running programs in task manager

We've had lots of problems since the Windows 10 upgrade. Reinstalled W10 and still the start menu disappeared after 2 weeks. Then upgrading to the anniversary version restored missing start menu, but I'm not holding breath on that one. I've now arranged
    shortcuts to make my own start menu right on the desktop just in case. However, these are the current problems:

• Task manager won't run programs. If I type in a program to run, all I get is a message saying "Windows does not recognize (name of program)" It does this for everything.
    • Photoshop Version 7 will not open since anniversary upgrade. (Click on icon -in start menu, on shortcut, on task bar, in task manager...anywhere-and zero happens) & folders looks empty if viewed in task manager. It worked fine before the latest upgrade.
      However, if I go into the OS programs, the files are all still there. It's still in the start menu. I have tried everything including right clicking and running as administrator. Photoshop works fine on another old laptop with previous Windows 10 version installed
      from online upgrade.
    • Photoshop won't even load onto son's brand new laptop which has the same Windows 10 version as old laptop.
    • Ditto Photoshop Premier Elements 7.0
    • Contact support app does not open-it just pops up and then disappears. I'd like to get rid of it but there is no uninstall.
    • Cortana... oh, what can I say? Big waste of time and space? It does not work and I would like to get rid of it.

Greyhairedoldlady, Jan 30, 2019
  4. jerryyea Win User

Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run

Apps. Suspended in Task Manager

I have about 6 apps. that show the status as "suspended" in task manager. I didn't suspend them and would like to know how to "unsuspend" them.

windows 10 Professional

I7 Processor

24gb RAM

Thanks

Jerry

jerryyea, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run

1. Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run - Similar Threads - Programs are going

2. program/app/game suspended it task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program/app/game suspended it task manager: Hi Halo Infinite worked great for weeks. Then I installed Gears 5 and it wont launch and now neither will Halo Infinite. Tried everything I could think of, in the end gave up and reset the PC deleting all old files. But sadly the same. However now notice the game is suspended...
  3. program/app/game suspended it task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program/app/game suspended it task manager: Hi Halo Infinite worked great for weeks. Then I installed Gears 5 and it wont launch and now neither will Halo Infinite. Tried everything I could think of, in the end gave up and reset the PC deleting all old files. But sadly the same. However now notice the game is suspended...
  4. Most games are suspended in the task manager when run

Most games are suspended in the task manager when run: gI feel like I've tried everything to try and fix this. It seems to be just easyanticheat and battle eye, I can run any other game for hours. These games when I start on steam it won't open, if I go to files and run as administrator it does work, but only for like 20 minutes...
  5. Most games are suspended in the task manager when run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most games are suspended in the task manager when run: gI feel like I've tried everything to try and fix this. It seems to be just easyanticheat and battle eye, I can run any other game for hours. These games when I start on steam it won't open, if I go to files and run as administrator it does work, but only for like 20 minutes...
  6. program/app/game suspended it task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program/app/game suspended it task manager: Hi,So i have a problem where i try to run app/program/game and for game castel miner z when i launch it sayis suspended in taskmanager for 3 secund than it force closes app and for game dirt2 and dirt3 after loading screen game frozes and in task manager says suspended.Thank...
  7. program/app/game suspended it task manager

program/app/game suspended it task manager: Hi,So i have a problem where i try to run app/program/game and for game castel miner z when i launch it sayis suspended in taskmanager for 3 secund than it force closes app and for game dirt2 and dirt3 after loading screen game frozes and in task manager says suspended.Thank...
  8. suspended programs in Task Manager, as administrator in

in Cortana
    suspended programs in Task Manager, as administrator in: How do I activate programs or files or processes and run them as the Administrator for Search in @windows 10 Task Manager. And how do activate Cortana, the Microsoft store, Microsoft Search & Indexing, along with Activating Windows PowerShell as the Admnistrator?ThanksRuth 53...
  9. Program is suspended in Windows Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program is suspended in Windows Task Manager: I have Windows 10, and found many reports that programs get suspended by Windows as shown in the Windows Task Manager. These reports span multiple versions of Windows, such as Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10. I was inflicted with the same issue and it was frustrating to find no...
  10. Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Hyper-V off fixes

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Hyper-V off fixes: Did a search but did not find anything recent. Since the last update or two, random programs (usually older ones) will not run but will come up stuck in task manager in suspended mode. They will eventually run after a couple of minutes, usually in a rush with all instances...