Windows 10: Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Hyper-V off fixes

Discus and support Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Hyper-V off fixes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Did a search but did not find anything recent. Since the last update or two, random programs (usually older ones) will not run but will come up stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by John Pombrio, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Hyper-V off fixes

Did a search but did not find anything recent.
    Since the last update or two, random programs (usually older ones) will not run but will come up stuck in task manager in suspended mode. They will eventually run after a couple of minutes, usually in a rush with all instances popping up at once. More clicks on the same shortcut just adds to the list. It makes the taskbar hang with the ring. I have tried right clicking and run as administrator and just open with same results.
    There are multiple hits on MS websites with no solution.
    UAC is disabled.
    Anyone else? Is there already a thread for this?

EDIT: Turns out that I did this to myself. In order to get Sandbox running, I turned on Hyper-Visualizations in ASUS BIOS. That got a process called vmmem to suspend which is related to Hyper-V. Turned off Hyper-V in the BIOS and the suspended programs issue went away.

Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Hyper-V off fixes [​IMG]

:)

John Pombrio, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Hyper-V

Hi Njha98,

You can remove Hyper-V by going to the control panel > add and remove programs > turn windows features on or off > and in the list there you should see Hyper-V

remove the checkbox and this will remove hyper-v

you may need to reboot

Jordan Langford, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Hyper-V off fixes

Hyper-V

That's the problem that I cannot find Hyper-V in Windows Features list, hence I am not able to turn it on or off.

NarekGrigoryan, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Hyper-V off fixes

1. Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Hyper-V off fixes - Similar Threads - Programs are going

2. program/app/game suspended it task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program/app/game suspended it task manager: Hi Halo Infinite worked great for weeks. Then I installed Gears 5 and it wont launch and now neither will Halo Infinite. Tried everything I could think of, in the end gave up and reset the PC deleting all old files. But sadly the same. However now notice the game is suspended...
  3. program/app/game suspended it task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program/app/game suspended it task manager: Hi Halo Infinite worked great for weeks. Then I installed Gears 5 and it wont launch and now neither will Halo Infinite. Tried everything I could think of, in the end gave up and reset the PC deleting all old files. But sadly the same. However now notice the game is suspended...
  4. program/app/game suspended it task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program/app/game suspended it task manager: Hi,So i have a problem where i try to run app/program/game and for game castel miner z when i launch it sayis suspended in taskmanager for 3 secund than it force closes app and for game dirt2 and dirt3 after loading screen game frozes and in task manager says suspended.Thank...
  5. program/app/game suspended it task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program/app/game suspended it task manager: Hi,So i have a problem where i try to run app/program/game and for game castel miner z when i launch it sayis suspended in taskmanager for 3 secund than it force closes app and for game dirt2 and dirt3 after loading screen game frozes and in task manager says suspended.Thank...
  6. suspended programs in Task Manager, as administrator in

in Cortana
    suspended programs in Task Manager, as administrator in: How do I activate programs or files or processes and run them as the Administrator for Search in @windows 10 Task Manager. And how do activate Cortana, the Microsoft store, Microsoft Search & Indexing, along with Activating Windows PowerShell as the Admnistrator?ThanksRuth 53...
  7. Program is suspended in Windows Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program is suspended in Windows Task Manager: I have Windows 10, and found many reports that programs get suspended by Windows as shown in the Windows Task Manager. These reports span multiple versions of Windows, such as Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10. I was inflicted with the same issue and it was frustrating to find no...
  8. Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run: Did a search but did not find anything recent. Since the last update or two, random programs (usually older ones) will not immediately run but will come up in task manager first in suspended mode. They will eventually run after a minute, usually in a rush with all instances...
  9. Virtual program not connecting but shows in Hyper-V manager

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual program not connecting but shows in Hyper-V manager: I installed virtual XP on Win 10 Pro. When trying to open it in Hyper-V Manager it fails to connect even though it shows in the manager small box that it loaded XP and was ready for use. According to SystemInfo my AMD-Gigbyte computer supports all the requirements for...
  10. Hyper-V Manager not available

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Manager not available: Hi there, 1. I installed the Hyper-V features (tickmarked all 4 options) and rebooted my system. (My system did some installation, updates etc) 2. After the reboot i can confirm that the hyper-v folders in "C:\Program Files\Hyper-V" appeared. 3. Unfortunately i can not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vmmem suspended

2. win10vmmem

3. what is vmmem windows 10

4. sandbox vmmem suspended,
  5. win 10 vmmem suspended,
  6. hyperv vmmem suspended,
  7. programs going suspended,
  8. programs are suspended task manager