Windows 10: Programs are launching very slowly but the computer is not at all doing any work

Discus and support Programs are launching very slowly but the computer is not at all doing any work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; well i've had this pc for a while now and thru those time I had a lot of encounters and I had to change something in my pc but most of those I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MatthewNg45, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Programs are launching very slowly but the computer is not at all doing any work

well i've had this pc for a while now and thru those time I had a lot of encounters and I had to change something in my pc but most of those I don't remember but just recently I did a full scan on my pc to check any virus then I removed the virus then did it again three-time, in total I removed 3 virus. but the next day my computer suddenly cant open word and other offices then I tried to fix it by changing HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AppXSvc start to hexadecimal 2 it did work but my other programs like discord, zoom, apex legends, team viewer, and etc. were taking about 1 hour to popupwhen i double click on them they show on the task manager but with so little ram and no other usage but other apps like edge, valorant, and etc. were working, I just want to know what services I have to change or in registry editor, or if you have other clue how to do this please help been doing for 5 days.

:)

MatthewNg45, Mar 3, 2021

2. Windows starts up fast but programs are launching slowly

hello!

I got an issue with Windows 10. OS itself is very responsible, starts in seconds and UWP apps are launching instantly. However any usual programs start up very slowly, it’s ranging from 30 seconds to couple of minutes. Also windows shuts down very slowly
    - when I click “shut down” it does nothing for minutes, then it goes to shutdown screen for couple of seconds and turns off display, yet PC is’t off at this point and I need to wait for like 10 minutes for it to shut down. It might be related,since both started
    happening after 1803 update, I think. It seems like PC can’t access drive or ram and wait for it, because when programs actually start - there is zero issues. It just seems like PC waits, since there is zero performance hit between when I click and progran
    launches up - it doesn’t shows in task manager, so it’s not like the program is slowly loading, they just don’t start.

chris coma, Mar 3, 2021
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    What to do in Ubuntu ?

I'm new to this Linux and its variants.

For the first time I'm stepping out of coziness of Windows . What do you guys use Linux for ?

Also I'm in college, will be doing Computer Science Engineering (Programming) . Anything to learn you guys can suggest ?

Already know a bit of C++, Photoshop.

wolf2009, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Programs are launching very slowly but the computer is not at all doing any work

Screen Brightness Adjustment not Working with Windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to look for the software
    Quick Launch program
    in the Control Panel > Programs and Features.

If you find it, then follow the steps:

• Right-click and delete the existing Quick Launch program.

• Reboot.

• Install the newly downloaded package.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Programs are launching very slowly but the computer is not at all doing any work

1. Programs are launching very slowly but the computer is not at all doing any work - Similar Threads - Programs are launching

2. computer is running very slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is running very slowly: since I have updated my computer to windows 11 the computer is very slow, for example: To come to this site to write this question I have been 5 minutes to load firefox. Or also for example I have opened spotify and it has taken between 2 and 3 minutes for the window to...
  3. computer is running very slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer is running very slowly: since I have updated my computer to windows 11 the computer is very slow, for example: To come to this site to write this question I have been 5 minutes to load firefox. Or also for example I have opened spotify and it has taken between 2 and 3 minutes for the window to...
  4. Microsoft programs running very slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft programs running very slowly: So I wanted to change the alignment of the taskbar so that it would be on the left side of the screen but they removed that feature in Windows 11. I found a video online that showed a way to do it by changing something in the code. When I tried to do it, something went wrong...
  5. Microsoft programs running very slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft programs running very slowly: So I wanted to change the alignment of the taskbar so that it would be on the left side of the screen but they removed that feature in Windows 11. I found a video online that showed a way to do it by changing something in the code. When I tried to do it, something went wrong...
  6. Computer running very slowly and fan running high all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer running very slowly and fan running high all the time: Good morning, my Asus computer with Windows 10 started running very slowly about a week ago and the fan is going nuts. The task manager appears to show the antimalware app using up all memory and CPU - mainly when Mail programme is open or I go online. I recently uninstalled...
  7. Windows 10 working very slowly

Windows 10 working very slowly: HELLO I AM A USER OF WINDOWS 10 BUT FROM LAST SOME MOTHS WHENEVER I START THE COMPUTER AND THE DESKTOP SCREEN APPEARS THE COMPUTER IS HANGED FOR ATLEST 15 MINUTES. I KEEP PRESSING KEYS BUT NO RESPONSE. I RIGHT CLICK THE MOUSE TO REFRESH BUT IT KEEPS LOADING ..... AND...
  8. Windows 10 working very slowly

Windows 10 working very slowly: sir i am a user of windows 10 pro and i am using it from past 1 year. there was no problem before but from past 1 month i am facing the problem that my computer is responding very slowly and after entering the password in the startup menu it takes almost 50 seconds to open...
  9. my computer very slow on programs launching

my computer very slow on programs launching: hello, i have a problem with my PC i don't know the problem my computer is powerful but still i have problem when i run application it take so long to load sometime up to 40second my pc spce i7 8700K 32GB DDR4 GTX 1080TI M.2 Pro 3 HDD also i have full custom water...
  10. Computer boots but can't launch any programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer boots but can't launch any programs: My brother's computer, which is running Windows 10, has got major problems. It boots up okay but he can't launch any programs after the boot cycle is finished. When he tries to launch an app from his desktop, nothing happens. He can right-click and see Task Manager but it...