Windows 10: programs are not maximising

Discus and support programs are not maximising in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have pinned some programs to my Windows 10 taskbar. I do not have any problems with almost all these programs except for Steam because I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by same dovana, Oct 8, 2018.

1. programs are not maximising

I have pinned some programs to my Windows 10 taskbar. I do not have any problems with almost all these programs except for Steam because I cannot maximize it. What is the fix? Do I have to reinstall it?

:)

same dovana, Oct 8, 2018
  2. Farmacyst Win User

Windows 10 pinned programs not maximising.

i have a number of programs pinned to my taskbar. Steam does not maximise whilst others do. I had to reinstall Spotify for it to maximise after showing the same problem. Do i need to reinstall Steam?

Farmacyst, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 8, 2018
  4. sam4673 Win User

programs are not maximising

Maximise/Minimising windows is not working.

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Win10 laptop and the best way to describe it (i think!), is that the minimise/maximising of windows is not behaving as expected.
    For example: sometimes I am unable to maximise a window properly, it seems to maximise, but not come to the front of the open windows. so if I have a browser open, and try to maximise MsWord, the word window maximises, but sits behind the browser so I then have to minimise the browser.
    ALSO sometimes even this doesn't work as for some reason a window will change its position to off the screen so the only way to maximise it (without ending the program and re-starting), is to hover over the taskbar icon, right click the needed window and hit maximise.

I find this extremely frustrating as the simplest task (switching between windows) is a massive hassle.

If anyone has any suggestions of possible fixes or has had the same problem please get in contact! At this point it'd be nice to know i'm not the only person with this issue!

Cheers,
    Sam

sam4673, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

programs are not maximising

1. programs are not maximising - Similar Threads - programs are maximising

2. Browser keeps maximising.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Browser keeps maximising.: My browser keeps maximising by default and I'm not sure how to disable this. For example, when I try to drag it down and pin it to the side of my screen, it maximises. I cannot even reduce the size of it because it maximises by default. I am experiencing this issue with other...
  3. Maximising windows peramnently...

Maximising windows peramnently...: How can i arrange it so that whenever I open any and all windows, that they open maximised? I mean too, all windows, not just windows that have a shortcut. I am aware about the option in the shortcut panel. Why aren't we given this option with windows? It should be a very...
  4. Problems with maximising a application.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with maximising a application.: This just started to happen to me but a app isn't maximising no matter what I do, I'm not in Tablet Mode and tried restoring it, trying to size it by using the edges, but that doesn't work and I tried to use the keys on my keyboard to try and maximise it and it doesn't work....
  5. Programs that aren't maximised always cascade behind maximised windows.

Programs that aren't maximised always cascade behind maximised windows.: Hi there, In the same issue, whenever I open a window through clicking on its icon on the taskbar, it will also fall behind all maximised windows if it is not maximised itself. This began just over a month ago with a new update, and I've finally had enough of it. If...
  6. Maximising the WIndows security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Maximising the WIndows security: Hi, To maximise our security online etc. against all kind of malwares, is updating the windows and having windows defender enough or should we go for an antivirus paid one? ANd if we buy an antivirus which serve both as antimalware too, do we need to update windows too or...
  7. Maximise button is greyed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Maximise button is greyed out: Hello, I am working on a Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop running windows 10. I have installed some software to color calibrate the screen, however I am unable to maximise the start up screen to be able to read the directions. I have tried uninstalling the software, I have...
  8. Windows 10 pinned programs not maximising.

Windows 10 pinned programs not maximising.: i have a number of programs pinned to my taskbar. Steam does not maximise whilst others do. I had to reinstall Spotify for it to maximise after showing the same problem. Do i need to reinstall Steam?...
  9. How to maximise all windows?

How to maximise all windows?: This is bugging me at the moment. I'm stumped concerning how to maximise all windows that are all minimised in the taskbar. Any ideas? Cheers. 57154
  10. Win 10 all of a sudden open programs won`t minimise or maximise

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 all of a sudden open programs won`t minimise or maximise: Hi I haven`t made any changes ..so probably a Windows update...previously with any running programs I could left click the icon in the taskbar and it would maximise and minimise...not now...also I can`t right click on desktop?? I also notice when I click on start I have...