Windows 10: Programs aren't able to connect to internet, but my browsers are fine

Discus and support Programs aren't able to connect to internet, but my browsers are fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I just recently posted about this topic and I thought it was solved but the problem has arisen again. All of my programs are unable to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by -nathan, Mar 30, 2020.

1. -nathan Win User

Programs aren't able to connect to internet, but my browsers are fine

Hello, I just recently posted about this topic and I thought it was solved but the problem has arisen again. All of my programs are unable to connect to the internet, except for Google Chrome and Edge. My Spotify says offline, my Discord is not able to connect, and my Zoom just doesn't work -- which is particularly frustrating because I need to get into my classes. Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you!

Nathan

:)

-nathan, Mar 30, 2020
  2. -nathan Win User

Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

Hello, for some reason my programs are not able to connect to the Internet. My Spotify says it is Offline, my Steam says it has no connection, as well as my other programs. I am currently using Chrome, but my Microsoft Edge also
    works perfectly fine. I do not have an Anti-Virus, I have already tried checking if my Internet is on a proxy server (it isn't), as well as running these programs in CMD with Administrator Privilege:

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset catalog

netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

I am running Windows 10 on an Ethernet cable. Please let me know if you need other information from me!

-nathan, Mar 30, 2020
  3. v_realo Win User
    Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

Hi Nathan,

I’m Rey, your Independent Advisor.

I understand you are having trouble connecting to the internet on your applications but your browser is connected with no problem. Let's work on this together.

Kindly check if the proxy connection is turned on, and if so, kindly uncheck it.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

a. Click Start, and type Internet options.

b. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings

c. Uncheck the Use Proxy server.

d. Click Apply and Ok to save changes.

Also, double-check your date and time of your system if it's correct.

Now open CMD Admin,

Type these:

>netsh winsock reset

>netsh int ip reset

Reset the entire network and follow this:

Start, select Settings.

Select Network & Internet.

Click Status, and Network Reset.

Click Reset and Yes.

Let me know if this helps, if not, then let's continue once you're done with these steps.

Regards,

v_realo, Mar 30, 2020
  4. quaductas Win User

Ping works fine, but no Internet connection in browser

Without having changed any settings, I can't access the Internet anymore through my laptop running Windows 10. Every browser tells me the connection has timed out. I can connect to the router and other devices on the network are not affected. Windows tells me that I am "connected to the Internet" but apparently, that's no help. It doesn't seem to work through other WiFi networks or ethernet either.

ping google.com works fine and surfing by IP address does not help.
    I tried restarting the computer, restarting the router, resetting IP configuration with no avail. I couldn't find a problem in the network settings either. I tried about anything suggested on this website.
    I hope someone of you has any idea as to what could resolve the issue. Thanks.

Update

So it turns out I can access google websites such as google.com or youtube, but nothing else. I tried some of the suggestions I found online, but nothing worked. Ideas?

quaductas, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Programs aren't able to connect to internet, but my browsers are fine - Similar Threads - Programs aren't able

2. Not able to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect to internet: Not able to connect to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-to-internet/568b0fb4-1fda-4e6a-a75f-2e569e0ede1c
  3. Not able to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to connect to internet: Not able to connect to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-to-internet/568b0fb4-1fda-4e6a-a75f-2e569e0ede1c
  4. Able to ping but no internet for browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Able to ping but no internet for browsers: Since updating last week with windows update kb4023057 and kb5003637 any browser that I try to use will not connect to the internet Chrome, edge, Firefox. I have been unable to sync my email as well. I am able to ping any address I enter as well as IP with no issue. I have...
  5. apps can't connect to the internet but the browser is working fine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    apps can't connect to the internet but the browser is working fine: apps like discord, steam, egs etc. won't connect to the internet (or sometimes work as if my connection was extremely slow) but my browser (firefox) is working fine and the connection speed is the usual. I tried resetting my router, doing a network reset and changing my dns...
  6. Internet Connection is fine, programs have a massive delay for connecting to the internet.

Internet Connection is fine, programs have a massive delay for connecting to the internet.: My explanation : Whenever I start my computer laptop, Dell I try to connect to services such as Microsoft Edge. For a few seconds after starting up my computer, my ethernet does it's job perfectly and I'm able to search for anything that I want. However, this only lasts for a...
  7. Opening browsers "disables" the internet connection for some programs

Opening browsers "disables" the internet connection for some programs: Good day, I'm stumped, and very frustrated, with this. Hoping this goes into the correct topic stream as I don't really know under what to search. When I open browsers Opera, Firefox, Internet Explorer, after a while the internet connection for some programs is disabled:...
  8. Laptop connected to the internet but programs act like they aren't

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop connected to the internet but programs act like they aren't: My laptop shows it is connected to the internet and I can browse the web, but when I try to start up a program, it'll keep loading and loading or says it has no access to internet, I.E: Windows 10 Search bar, Windows Update, Any type of syncing, Microsoft store What kind of...
  9. Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine: Hello, for some reason my programs are not able to connect to the Internet. My Spotify says it is Offline, my Steam says it has no connection, as well as my other programs. I am currently using Chrome, but my Microsoft Edge also works perfectly fine. I do not have an...
  10. Windows 10 applications aren't able to connect to internet, but desktop apps can.

Windows 10 applications aren't able to connect to internet, but desktop apps can.: One day my dad wanted to use my computer and right after that happened, my windows 10 apps were suddenly unable to connect to internet. I have no idea what the cause is, and I am also unable to roll back to a previous update. What should I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows applications cant connect to internet but browser works

2. programs cant access internet but chrome can?