Windows 10: Programs become large when moved, why?

Discus and support Programs become large when moved, why? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I use 2 monitors with my PC (Windows 10). Whenever I want to move a program and drag it away with the cursor, it is displayed on the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Akirup, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Akirup Win User

Programs become large when moved, why?

Hello,

I use 2 monitors with my PC (Windows 10). Whenever I want to move a program and drag it away with the cursor, it is displayed on the whole monitor, which is quite annoying... Does anyone know a solution for this problem ?

Many thanks in advance

MfG Aki

:)

Akirup, Aug 6, 2020

2. Programs become unresponsive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried both with different results.

Step 1: Safe Mode:

This seemed to work and I could save a file in Word without the program becoming "Unresponsive".

Step 2: Clean Boot:

This did not work and Word would become unresponsive when trying to save a file.

I did notice another odd thing. It seems that sometimes (not often) Word would work the first time I used it If I close it and reopened it the unresponsive behavior returned. I tried opening Word several time but it remained unresponsive.

This is very frustrating as I use Word daily.

RobertAAult, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 6, 2020
  4. RCP716 Win User

Large Program ribbons

After watching a training video from CreativeLive (no virus) in Windows Media Player, and having Photoshop running, I closed down graciously.

Subsequently, all Ribbons and fonts are HUGE. This includes the fonts beneath my desktop icons and tabs on Windows Internet explorer.

In Outlook, for example, the list of individual e-mail items is normal, but the Ribbon and Folder List is very large: ie, the font is very large.

I my Open window in any program, the font of items to be opened is also very large.

When I go to the display settings, the slider bar is greyed out and unavailable.

Where and how can I fix this?

RCP716, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Programs become large when moved, why? - Similar Threads - Programs become large

2. Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC: I'm repurposing a Windows 10 PC from an old user to a new user. The old user's profile was deleted, and a new one was created for the new user. I don't know what the old user did, but when hovering the mouse pointer over a link, it becomes a large finger pointing hand. I...
  3. Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC: I'm repurposing a Windows 10 PC from an old user to a new user. The old user's profile was deleted, and a new one was created for the new user. I don't know what the old user did, but when hovering the mouse pointer over a link, it becomes a large finger pointing hand. I...
  4. Uninstallable Large Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstallable Large Program: Hi Guys,The image above shows an app that is on my laptop that I have no idea what it is from. For clarification, I do not have a hard drive that has that much space on it. I can't uninstall it and I am unable to find its location within my computer. I'm not sure what it is...
  5. Uninstallable Large Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstallable Large Program: Hi Guys,The image above shows an app that is on my laptop that I have no idea what it is from. For clarification, I do not have a hard drive that has that much space on it. I can't uninstall it and I am unable to find its location within my computer. I'm not sure what it is...
  6. Black screen or Mouse becomes laggy and beeping when moved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen or Mouse becomes laggy and beeping when moved: I just bought this laptop last September 30 2020 After some time using it there comes a time where in just plain black screen background music stops but the backlit keyboard is still on. There also came a time where in laptop screen freeze and I can't use keyboard but I can...
  7. Program and drive become unresponsive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Program and drive become unresponsive: Hello everyone, i am facing weird difficulty here, recently every time i retrieve data from my E: drive then program become unresponsive and E: drive as well. After that Drive usage remain 100% with no data in or out. I run check disk, scannow/sfc and few others utilities...
  8. moving programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving programs: How can I move i.e. transfer old programs from PC to new PC. In older Wins I seem to remember that one could. I do have an external 1TB drive which has plenty of room so could copy them but it seems to be no way of copying either....
  9. WINDOWS 10 FREEZES WHEN MOVING LARGE NUMBERS OF FILES TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE OR MOVING...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINDOWS 10 FREEZES WHEN MOVING LARGE NUMBERS OF FILES TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE OR MOVING...: WINDOWS IS HORRIABLE it is taking me weeks to move files around in an external hard drive some times they move quite amazingly fast then at others they freeze up. I tried using tera copy but still they will not work as hoped/...
  10. Why does MS download such LARGE files when logon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does MS download such LARGE files when logon?: *Eek When I log onto my laptop (Win 10 Home) I check if there are any updates (this is after I update defender definitions). Comes back with none BUT then shortly after that the computer connects to MS in Washington (IP lookup after I see a connection to and follow a large...