Windows 10: Programs ceasing to run? (Windows 10)

Discus and support Programs ceasing to run? (Windows 10) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having a problem where I'm able to install and run programs on Windows 10 (Home, 64-bit)) for some length of time, and then suddenly, they don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HexK134, Jul 26, 2018.

1. HexK134 Win User

Programs ceasing to run? (Windows 10)

I'm having a problem where I'm able to install and run programs on Windows 10 (Home, 64-bit)) for some length of time, and then suddenly, they don't work, even if reinstalled. The two that I fought with most on this issue (because of how useful they are to me/my family or just how much they're used) were Coreldraw 8 and THQ's Dawn of War. Both programs installed, and ran perfectly, Coreldraw with compatability settings and Dawn of War without. Within two months of installing Coreldraw, it simply ceased to load up. I reinstalled, I ran the troubleshooter and got told that it was an incompatable program. Luckily, I still have a working XP box, so I can run it there, but it's a much slower machine. About a month ago, Dawn of War also stopped loading. I reinstalled, and got nowhere. I tried compatability settings to no avail. Running the compatability troubleshooter again gave me a response that it was an incompatable program. This has frustrated my son, as he had been really enjoying the game.

While the loss of two programs is annoying, it opens a bigger problem. Are all of the programs that I currently have running going to simply cease to work with some future update to Windows 10? Is there any way to overlay an XP emulator over the Windows 10 framework, so that programs that will never be updated to a Windows 10 OS as the companies have long since gone out of business will be usable?

Thanks.

:)

HexK134, Jul 26, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Programs ceasing to run? (Windows 10)

0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Programs ceasing to run? (Windows 10)

1. Programs ceasing to run? (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Programs ceasing run

2. 'System' Program Not Ceasing to Obliterate my Limited Hotspot Data!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'System' Program Not Ceasing to Obliterate my Limited Hotspot Data!: Hey guys, I'm sure I'm not the only person this has happened to but yeah, I have a desktop at my parent's house I need to use sometime but they have no internet, so I have to use my phone's hotspot feature. It works fine on my laptop which also uses Windows 10 Pro so long as...
  3. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Not Running in Windows 10.: Hello,I recently upgraded my setup and that requires upgrading my version from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The problem is that the Siemens Solid Edge ST4 program, my main software, no longer runs. I know it's an old program, from 2009, but it's the one I have the license for and...
  4. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Not Running in Windows 10.: Hello,I recently upgraded my setup and that requires upgrading my version from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The problem is that the Siemens Solid Edge ST4 program, my main software, no longer runs. I know it's an old program, from 2009, but it's the one I have the license for and...
  5. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Cease and desist

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cease and desist: Please stop trying to update my Windows 10, After fifteen tries, every one of which failed with "couldn't update", please stop. I am not interested in diagnosing the dozen or more possible things that could be, but probably aren't, the problemI am asking you to stop., How...
  7. Run Program on DVD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run Program on DVD in Windows 10: I have the DVD from the CompTIA Security+ SY0-401 textbook, but I cannot see any of the files, case studies, or simulation apps. Windows 10 will not even recognize the DVD at all. What do I need to do to see my DVD files?...
  8. running programs in Windows 10

running programs in Windows 10: This just started when I try to open or install a program I get message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app" . Can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-programs-in-windows-10/d24d8770-9d30-43ea-8ba0-6b71038282ed
  9. Windows 10 will not run my programs

Windows 10 will not run my programs: I just purchased a new system with Windows 10. I loaded and tried to run my Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 Century of Flight and I get a message stating the I need administrator permission to run the program. My Medal of Honor programs give me the same messages. Please...
  10. Program that runs a program in a window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program that runs a program in a window: Basically is there a program that will only run other programs in its window? I have a few programs that popup all the time but have poor or wonky support so I'd like to keep them minimized. Autohot key is not working BTW and most command lines are only for the first run not...