Windows 10: Programs close after 2-3 seconds

Discus and support Programs close after 2-3 seconds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, (sorry if this is in the wrong place it's my first time here...) Currently I am dealing with Windows 10 (20h2 hilariously the about windows tab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Josh12, May 4, 2021.

1. Josh12 Win User

Programs close after 2-3 seconds

Hello, (sorry if this is in the wrong place it's my first time here...) Currently I am dealing with Windows 10 (20h2 hilariously the about windows tab closes shortly after opening too)randomly closing programs after opening them. It does not happen with everything. Firefox Chrome and discord are fine, as well as steam itself, and battle.net. However, edge, actual games, notepad don't work. (this is not an extensive list) These programs are installed in a range of places, for example google and firefox are on my ssd, the games mostly are on other hard drives. However, edge is also on my ssd. It seems linked to the two hard drives (but also not completely)? but I'm not really sure I have checked for errors, and there are none on either drive. I have tried some of the solutions in a thread on windows' forum but they have not worked. (sfc did do something the first time and successfully rebuilt a file, after running again it says there are no issues present) sfc /scannow DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth Both scan health and restore health said there was nothing wrong. I'm really not sure what to do next, but would rather not reinstall windows if possible... Thanks in advanced for the help. Programs close after 2-3 seconds :) Josh. EDIT: I have just had a look at task manager while opening some of the programs and they are immediately suspended upon opening in task manager. Not sure if this is helpful or not.

:)

Josh12, May 4, 2021
  2. Josh12 Win User

Hello,
    (sorry if this is in the wrong place it's my first time here...)
    Currently I am dealing with Windows 10 (20h2 hilariously the about windows tab closes shortly after opening too)randomly closing programs after opening them. It does not happen with everything.

Firefox Chrome and discord are fine, as well as steam itself, and battle.net. However, edge, actual games, notepad don't work. (this is not an extensive list)

These programs are installed in a range of places, for example google and firefox are on my ssd, the games mostly are on other hard drives. However, edge is also on my ssd.

It seems linked to the two hard drives (but also not completely)? but I'm not really sure I have checked for errors, and there are none on either drive.

I have tried some of the solutions in a thread on windows' forum but they have not worked.
    (sfc did do something the first time and successfully rebuilt a file, after running again it says there are no issues present)
    sfc /scannow
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Both scan health and restore health said there was nothing wrong.

I'm really not sure what to do next, but would rather not reinstall windows if possible...

Thanks in advanced for the help. Programs close after 2-3 seconds :)

Josh.

EDIT:
    I have just had a look at task manager while opening some of the programs and they are immediately suspended upon opening in task manager. Not sure if this is helpful or not.

Josh12, May 4, 2021
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Windows opens programs on a second monitor, that is not connected

Hi,

We recommend following the steps below to disable the second screen:

1. Close all open programs.

2. Press the Windows Key + P key on your keyboard.

3. Select PC Screen Only.

Feel free to post back for the results.

Regards.

Romel Ram, May 4, 2021
  4. Programs close after 2-3 seconds

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Programs close after 2-3 seconds - Similar Threads - Programs close seconds

2. Microsoft Store opens and closes after about 2 seconds.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store opens and closes after about 2 seconds.: Hello, I am having trouble with opening my Microsoft Store app. I have looked up a fix, and it says navigate to "Update & Security" in settings. However, when I choose this option it says "Something went wrong. Try to re-open settings later." I have been trying to find other...
  3. Microsoft Store opens and closes after about 2 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store opens and closes after about 2 seconds.: Hello, I am having trouble with opening my Microsoft Store app. I have looked up a fix, and it says navigate to "Update & Security" in settings. However, when I choose this option it says "Something went wrong. Try to re-open settings later." I have been trying to find other...
  4. Microsoft Store opens and closes after about 2 seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse and keyboard freezing after 2-3 seconds of rest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard freezing after 2-3 seconds of rest: In this morning I noticed that when I stay 2-3 seconds without using the mouse or keyboard they freeze for 5 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard-freezing-after-2-3-seconds-of/56f079f9-c29e-4fd1-90d1-cf49726508ad
  6. Mouse and keyboard freezing after 2-3 seconds of rest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard freezing after 2-3 seconds of rest: In this morning I noticed that when I stay 2-3 seconds without using the mouse or keyboard they freeze for 5 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard-freezing-after-2-3-seconds-of/56f079f9-c29e-4fd1-90d1-cf49726508ad
  7. Mouse and keyboard freezing after 2-3 seconds of rest

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Program launches in "suspended" state and after 2 seconds closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program launches in "suspended" state and after 2 seconds closes: Hello,I've been trying to fix a program on my computer for the past month. It always failed launching. To be more specific, it's a video game installed from steam.After many months of working perfectly fine, the game suddenly stopped launching. I reinstalled it several times,...
  9. Computer freezes for 2-3 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezes for 2-3 seconds: Hello Everyone, My computer freezes for 2-3 seconds from time to time, then it goes on working normally. This is quite annoying. The computer is just a few days old! Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks in advance. 161752
  10. BlueStacks 4 closes instantly after 2 seconds or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BlueStacks 4 closes instantly after 2 seconds or so: Today, I installed BlueStacks 4 on my computer. When I run it, it freezes on the startup sequence for 2 seconds and just closes. No confirmations, no error messages, nothing. It just closes. I tried compatibility mode, to no avail. What's going on here...?? I'm running...