Windows 10: Programs close upon sleep

Discus and support Programs close upon sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So whether my pc goes to sleep on it’s own or I set it to sleep, whenever I wake it back up all my programs were closed. I googled, YouTubed, reached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kailanman, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Programs close upon sleep

So whether my pc goes to sleep on it’s own or I set it to sleep, whenever I wake it back up all my programs were closed. I googled, YouTubed, reached out to a tech, etc and tried following everything. I still can find the fix. I just built the pc a couple of days ago. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/kailanman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kailanman, Sep 21, 2020

2. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Programs close upon sleep

Win 10 - constantly shutting down into sleep mode every 64 minutes even when in active use!

Hi Steve,

• Did you check by setting sleep mode option to never?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Programs close upon sleep

1. Programs close upon sleep - Similar Threads - Programs close upon

2. All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10: Suddenly all of our applications across the board are closing when a PC goes to sleep. This has never been an issue before and we've had many people upset. I have checked all settings and this should not be happening. Currently each person has the proper sleep/hibernate...
  3. All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10: Suddenly all of our applications across the board are closing when a PC goes to sleep. This has never been an issue before and we've had many people upset. I have checked all settings and this should not be happening. Currently each person has the proper sleep/hibernate...
  4. All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. programs reopen upon close

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs reopen upon close: Hi guys, I have a question about my PC with win10. Every time when I close a program ex Word, Skype, Zoom, it will automatically reopen again. I will have to close it the second time in order to close it completely. Please help, it is annoying. Thanks in advance!...
  6. Multiple Programs Keep closing automatically upon launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Programs Keep closing automatically upon launch: I have been running Windows 10 for over a year now on this computer with little issues. Over the past week, I have tried opening multiple programs, games on Steam, Bitdefender Antivirus, etc. and almost all of them close about 5 seconds after I open them. I have tried...
  7. All Programs close on sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Programs close on sleep: On my laptop when I open the lid all of the programs are shut off, my keyboard lights are off and it takes a few minutes to log in and open up. It appears that when I close the lid and re-open it is just like turning the power on. I close lid for 30 seconds and then I am 5...
  8. New Windows update closes programs upon returning from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows update closes programs upon returning from sleep mode: Yet another problem with the new Windows update (1903). Often, when it returns from sleep mode, it closes several of my programs or apps. Sometimes it does this, sometimes it doesn't....
  9. After Sleep, programs hang upon launch

in Windows 10 Support
    After Sleep, programs hang upon launch: I have been having some really odd issues where when i either wake my computer up from Sleep, or when i'm playing a game for a long time and quit out to use my computer for other things, this will happen. I have Outlook running and coming back from either of the above...
  10. Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly: I am using a brand new Asus ZenBook Flip UX360CA, and closing the lid causes strange behavior. It always sleeps and wakes like it should, and very quickly, but not quite right. It's subtle sometimes; if I left it closed overnight I might not even realize something had changed...