Windows 10: Programs Closing

Discus and support Programs Closing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not an expert, so please go easy on me. My main problem is programs suddenly close. When using a browser (Firefox or Chrome) the program will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wekebu, Dec 28, 2015.

1. wekebu Win User

Programs Closing

I'm not an expert, so please go easy on me.

My main problem is programs suddenly close. When using a browser (Firefox or Chrome) the program will close. Approx every 3-5 minutes. However, there are times it will stay open for significantly longer. I've tried using Firefox with Addons disabled and still forced closing.

I have experienced this as well with another program I use for my ip cameras, Blue Iris. However, it only happens during playback, never when the program is open and either recording or ready to record.

Don't know if this relates, but I'm having a problem with my video card having an error every few minutes. "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered". I've updated the driver from AMD's website, but still erroring. Then went to AMD and ran their program for completely removing the driver and reinstalled the driver. Fyi, after this driver, they aren't going to support this gpu any longer. AMD HD Radeon 6670

A bit of background, in approx late July, I received the invite to update to W10, ran the test to verify everything was okay. Upgraded. Ran W10 for a few days without errors, then did a fresh install. I shutdown every morning.
    Dell XPS 8300 from 2011. PS, I had to type this question in Notepad because the browser kept closing.

:)

wekebu, Dec 28, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 28, 2015
  3. programs not closing

Why is my pc (Windows 10) opening up with the last site I visited. How do I stop this?

lenaedwards, Dec 28, 2015
  4. Programs Closing

Hi,

Never heard of something like this, but the Graphics Card situation sounds familiar. I doubt your GPU is causing your programs to close though. Here's what I would do if I were in your shoes:

• Uninstall and reinstall your GPU. Grab the latest drivers and make sure they are properly installed.
    • Run an antivirus check. I personally recommend Malwarebytes Free.

Hope this helps.

Michaelvas17, Dec 29, 2015
  5. wekebu Win User
    Thank you, I will try that this weekend.

wekebu, Dec 30, 2015
  6. ccxmuk Win User
    I have a similar issue, but it seems to be all programs. I have not found one yet that stays open. Closure seems to be random in terms of activity; I tried disabling the trackpad and it might have helped a bit but still happening. Ran Panda antivirus and Malwarebytes as suggested by Michaelvas17, nothing found. Also tried running all programs full screen, that didnt help either.
    This Dell laptop model is apparently borderline for Win10 - initially I could not run anything, turned out it was forcing an alternate display (which I didnt have attached, but adding one gave me access to fix!).
    While typing this, I am seeing a different but probably related behaviour. Firefox is not closing, but I keep hearing a ping and characters no longer register until I reset the carret to this text box.

ccxmuk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Programs Closing

1. Programs Closing - Similar Threads - Programs Closing

2. Google search bar erases my letters when I try to type and programs closing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google search bar erases my letters when I try to type and programs closing: Google keeps erasing all the letters that I try to type into the search bar and some of the apps I open seem to close on its own, I can’t access my windows start button either by clicking on it and I have to use the windows button instead but it would still close sometimes. A...
  3. Program installers closing automatically, unable to update drivers,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program installers closing automatically, unable to update drivers,...: Hi,I bought a second hand computer and did a complete reinstall of windows with fresh product key. When I try to open csgo for example I get te blue screen with driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error code. I tried updating my drivers but I can't install anything nvidia related,...
  4. Program Opening and Closing Immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Opening and Closing Immediately: Over the last week, I have the above window open and close immediately every ten minutes on the dot, usually before I can see what the window says. Only reason I was able to get the above screen shot was that I just happened to turned my PC on at one of the 10 minute...
  5. BSOD before closing program

BSOD before closing program: After closing a C# program written in VS 2019/2017, BSOD appears with some chance. The error code was CRITICAL_PROCCESS_DIED looking at the dump, the source of the error is ntoskrnl.exe or a binary code in this case, the code cannot be seen, since the blue screen was...
  6. Multiple Programs Keep closing automatically upon launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Programs Keep closing automatically upon launch: I have been running Windows 10 for over a year now on this computer with little issues. Over the past week, I have tried opening multiple programs, games on Steam, Bitdefender Antivirus, etc. and almost all of them close about 5 seconds after I open them. I have tried...
  7. Art Programs Randomly Freezing, can't be forced closed, bug out computer, and prevent...

Art Programs Randomly Freezing, can't be forced closed, bug out computer, and prevent...: I've run into a strange issue. When using either Clip Studio or Krita I haven't encountered this issue with Mediabang the program will randomly freeze. Not only will it freeze, but it can't be closed by anything, and windows starts bugging out. I have tried alt+f4, task...
  8. The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.964 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed

The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.964 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed: explorer.exe stopped responding and hanged. I had to go to task manager and restarted the service. Now how it is happening is very interesting to know. I changed a setting in view tab of file explorer. The setting I changed was viewing details pane. Now when I turn off this...
  9. The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.844 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.844 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed: Hello this is my first time i'm here.So i have a problem with my window.I have tried runningalmost everything I know as well as on the internet hoping to fix it but it still doesn't work+ Run CMD Admin > sfc, DISM , ....+ Services+ Install/Uninstall Update+ Regedit Registry...
  10. Programs close after 2-3 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs close after 2-3 seconds: Hello, (sorry if this is in the wrong place it's my first time here...) Currently I am dealing with Windows 10 (20h2 hilariously the about windows tab closes shortly after opening too)randomly closing programs after opening them. It does not happen with everything. Firefox...