Windows 10: Programs Closing

Discus and support Programs Closing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not an expert, so please go easy on me. My main problem is programs suddenly close. When using a browser (Firefox or Chrome) the program will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wekebu, Dec 28, 2015.

1. wekebu Win User

Programs Closing

I'm not an expert, so please go easy on me.

My main problem is programs suddenly close. When using a browser (Firefox or Chrome) the program will close. Approx every 3-5 minutes. However, there are times it will stay open for significantly longer. I've tried using Firefox with Addons disabled and still forced closing.

I have experienced this as well with another program I use for my ip cameras, Blue Iris. However, it only happens during playback, never when the program is open and either recording or ready to record.

Don't know if this relates, but I'm having a problem with my video card having an error every few minutes. "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered". I've updated the driver from AMD's website, but still erroring. Then went to AMD and ran their program for completely removing the driver and reinstalled the driver. Fyi, after this driver, they aren't going to support this gpu any longer. AMD HD Radeon 6670

A bit of background, in approx late July, I received the invite to update to W10, ran the test to verify everything was okay. Upgraded. Ran W10 for a few days without errors, then did a fresh install. I shutdown every morning.
    Dell XPS 8300 from 2011. PS, I had to type this question in Notepad because the browser kept closing.

:)

wekebu, Dec 28, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 28, 2015
  3. programs not closing

Why is my pc (Windows 10) opening up with the last site I visited. How do I stop this?

lenaedwards, Dec 28, 2015
  4. Programs Closing

Hi,

Never heard of something like this, but the Graphics Card situation sounds familiar. I doubt your GPU is causing your programs to close though. Here's what I would do if I were in your shoes:

• Uninstall and reinstall your GPU. Grab the latest drivers and make sure they are properly installed.
    • Run an antivirus check. I personally recommend Malwarebytes Free.

Hope this helps.

Michaelvas17, Dec 29, 2015
  5. wekebu Win User
    Thank you, I will try that this weekend.

wekebu, Dec 30, 2015
  6. ccxmuk Win User
    I have a similar issue, but it seems to be all programs. I have not found one yet that stays open. Closure seems to be random in terms of activity; I tried disabling the trackpad and it might have helped a bit but still happening. Ran Panda antivirus and Malwarebytes as suggested by Michaelvas17, nothing found. Also tried running all programs full screen, that didnt help either.
    This Dell laptop model is apparently borderline for Win10 - initially I could not run anything, turned out it was forcing an alternate display (which I didnt have attached, but adding one gave me access to fix!).
    While typing this, I am seeing a different but probably related behaviour. Firefox is not closing, but I keep hearing a ping and characters no longer register until I reset the carret to this text box.

ccxmuk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Programs Closing

1. Programs Closing - Similar Threads - Programs Closing

2. My PC freezes every time I close program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC freezes every time I close program.: Every time I close a program, my taskbar does not get updated and everything becomes unresponsive... When I click the taskbar a few times my screen turns black, and everything is fine. This is annoying because is happens every time i close a program.I've had Task manager open...
  3. My PC freezes every time I close program.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC freezes every time I close program.: Every time I close a program, my taskbar does not get updated and everything becomes unresponsive... When I click the taskbar a few times my screen turns black, and everything is fine. This is annoying because is happens every time i close a program.I've had Task manager open...
  4. Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...: I'm currently making a small screen dimming program in C# that uses black windows forms with an adjustable opacity. In order to be able to dim the windows start menu as well as alt+tab and win+tab menu's I've declared the program to be accessibility as described in the top...
  5. Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...

Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...: I'm currently making a small screen dimming program in C# that uses black windows forms with an adjustable opacity. In order to be able to dim the windows start menu as well as alt+tab and win+tab menu's I've declared the program to be accessibility as described in the top...
  6. Everytime i Close Obs, idk if its just obs or any program and then close it the priority...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i Close Obs, idk if its just obs or any program and then close it the priority...: so im trying to record a video and then everytime i re-open my OBS it just resets the priority.... idk if this is fixable... i hope it is tho.... i need that priority otherwise i cant make it because the lag.......
  7. Everytime i Close Obs, idk if its just obs or any program and then close it the priority...

Everytime i Close Obs, idk if its just obs or any program and then close it the priority...: so im trying to record a video and then everytime i re-open my OBS it just resets the priority.... idk if this is fixable... i hope it is tho.... i need that priority otherwise i cant make it because the lag.......
  8. How to find program that closed down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find program that closed down computer: Is there a specific command from the Command Prompt by which one can find a program that last closed down the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-program-that-closed-down-computer/c99e42b6-7b70-4ffb-a41c-67f85dc684d3
  9. How to find program that closed down computer

How to find program that closed down computer: Is there a specific command from the Command Prompt by which one can find a program that last closed down the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-program-that-closed-down-computer/c99e42b6-7b70-4ffb-a41c-67f85dc684d3
  10. PC is going to temporary blank screens when opening/closing programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is going to temporary blank screens when opening/closing programs: Hi so for recent context, after pulling apart my PC for cleaning I've had some issues with random reboots in the past few weeks but they seem to have been fixed when I got a new gold rated PSU.Now last night there was a power outage for about 5 minutes and my PC is plugged...