Windows 10: programs crashing after latest windows update

Discus and support programs crashing after latest windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP G6 Notebook with Windows 10. I have the most current windows 10. Ever since the new update, I will be doing something and some or all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Leigh_Hill, Feb 15, 2020.

1. programs crashing after latest windows update

I have an HP G6 Notebook with Windows 10. I have the most current windows 10. Ever since the new update, I will be doing something and some or all of the programs say not responding, or they all just turn off and disappear. When I run troubleshooting, I go to windows store apps. Sometimes it says it can't find anything, other times it fixes and half of the time it is unfixed due to the BIT problem. I noticed the first thing it says when it does fix it is that the temporary internet file location has changed. Why would that happen? I have run the SFC scan and nothing was found. It is getting tiresome. I only have apps that are from the windows store or the ones that came already installed. There was a webpage on chrome that suggested it was an operating system problem. I ran the HP troubleshoot and it says everything is fine. I spend most of my days on the computer, either for fun or business. Has this been happening to anyone else since the update?

:)

Leigh_Hill, Feb 15, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 15, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

programs crashing after latest windows update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond programs crashing after latest windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

programs crashing after latest windows update

1. programs crashing after latest windows update - Similar Threads - programs crashing latest

2. Program not working after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program not working after latest windows update.: Hello support. After last windows update my label creating program is not working. When I click on the icon this Labelview program starts for a moment that means a small window appears for 2 seconds and then disappears. Program does not start. Program name is: Labelview....
  3. Program not working after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program not working after latest windows update.: Hello support. After last windows update my label creating program is not working. When I click on the icon this Labelview program starts for a moment that means a small window appears for 2 seconds and then disappears. Program does not start. Program name is: Labelview....
  4. Program not working after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Programs crashing after update

Programs crashing after update: Windows 10 32-bit On the night of 11 March Windows must have updated. the next morning when I logged on it did the usual slow "do not turn off - updating.... which it does after an upgrade. Since then several programs have crashed with a blue screen and message saying...
  6. Crashes after latest Windows update?

in Browsers and Email
    Crashes after latest Windows update?: Hello, I have the problem that after the update I have some violent jerks during gambling and even freezes and bluescreens. Can anyone help me? The following appears in Event Display: Critical Kernel Power 41 Abstürze nach neuestem Windows update?
  7. Windows 10 Crashing constantly after latest update

Windows 10 Crashing constantly after latest update: Hi, i am Tarandeep Singh a windows 10 user My pc recently2-3 days ago showed me that a windows Update is available and i downloaded and installed but from then, i am constantly getting crashes with following error codes DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Video_Dxgkrnl_Fatal_Error And...
  8. Windows crashed after updating the latest update/

Windows crashed after updating the latest update/: hi im now writing this from UBUNTU running from usb drive without installing. After last night i installed latest update my pc didnt start. i tried every microosft community answers i faced online. sfc scannow and other things . NO solution / It only saves a text folder...
  9. Programs freezing at random after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs freezing at random after latest Windows update: Following the latest Windows update for March, on build 1909, I have been having several programs freeze at random. Sometimes I can run them for hours before it happens, other times not even half an hour. When the programs freeze, I have to close them through Task Manager....
  10. Apps Crashing after latest Windows 10 Update

Apps Crashing after latest Windows 10 Update: Hey Guys, my Little Brother was playing Minecraft last night. After he shut the Pc down the Update was installed. This morning he tried to start it again and the Pc had a blackscreen, after trying again suddenly Chrome Tabs crashed so i tried some things: 1. I tried...