Windows 10: Programs Crashing after Windows Update and Windows Update running every day.

Discus and support Programs Crashing after Windows Update and Windows Update running every day. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good afternoon, After the latest Windows update my laptop began running slowly. Some basic features are causing apps to crash as well. Adobe Acrobat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Domecia Manuel, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Programs Crashing after Windows Update and Windows Update running every day.

Good afternoon,

After the latest Windows update my laptop began running slowly. Some basic features are causing apps to crash as well. Adobe Acrobat crashes if I try to "save as" another file type. Quicken crashes if I try to import a file. Edge is super slow loading websites. I've tried repairing the Windows update and I've now set it to pause for 7 days. Can you tell me how to get my laptop running smoothly again?

D. J. Manuel

:)

Domecia Manuel, Apr 12, 2021
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Apr 12, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. AsRock Win User

Programs Crashing after Windows Update and Windows Update running every day.

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Programs Crashing after Windows Update and Windows Update running every day.

1. Programs Crashing after Windows Update and Windows Update running every day. - Similar Threads - Programs Crashing Update

2. Windows update fails every day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update fails every day.: Windows 10 Home edition . Have not been able to update Windows for months. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2. Error code 0x800700c1. What action do I need to take?...
  3. Windows update fails every day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update fails every day.: Windows 10 Home edition . Have not been able to update Windows for months. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2. Error code 0x800700c1. What action do I need to take?...
  4. Windows update fails every day.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Updating Every Day

Windows 10 Updating Every Day: It has been a week now, and My Windows 10 is installing updates every single day. It keeps telling me to allow restarting the PC to install the update. But I keep telling it to restart one hour later. It is too disturbing. Please help me!...
  6. Programs crashing after update

Programs crashing after update: Windows 10 32-bit On the night of 11 March Windows must have updated. the next morning when I logged on it did the usual slow "do not turn off - updating.... which it does after an upgrade. Since then several programs have crashed with a blue screen and message saying...
  7. Crashes every day,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes every day,: Why are we having crashes everyday, and at anytime of the day, This problem is beyond a joke, I'm not laughing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crashes-every-day/d4529fa5-387e-478a-bea5-d4044b7be9e0
  8. Windows unable to update, every day

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows unable to update, every day: Hi all. Having a really frustrating issue where my system (currently on build 19041.450) is trying to update to 19041.685, but for some unknown reason can't do so. It goes through the blue screen update process, then says "unable to update" and rolls it back and restarts....
  9. programs crashing after latest windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    programs crashing after latest windows update: I have an HP G6 Notebook with Windows 10. I have the most current windows 10. Ever since the new update, I will be doing something and some or all of the programs say not responding, or they all just turn off and disappear. When I run troubleshooting, I go to windows store...
  10. Programs not running after windows 10 maintenance update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not running after windows 10 maintenance update: Hello, My windows 10 was restarting with regular updates as usual. The update was done and I logged in to find that all the installed programs are still installed but not working. They don't even appear in the program list. All the program files are still intact though....