Windows 10: Programs Crashing and Performance Issues/Freezing Windows 10

Discus and support Programs Crashing and Performance Issues/Freezing Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using Windows 7 on my desktop and laptop and finally decided to upgrade to 10 a couple months back. Ever since I've had problems with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rlm42, Jun 19, 2020.

1. rlm42 Win User

Programs Crashing and Performance Issues/Freezing Windows 10

Hi,

I've been using Windows 7 on my desktop and laptop and finally decided to upgrade to 10 a couple months back. Ever since I've had problems with my desktop. It is a cheap computer that I built from used parts from friends. Basically I had many problems such as the display flickering and PC crashing with various BSOD both during gaming and just web browsing so I switched the Radeon R9 280 which was faulty to a GTX 1060 6GB. It runs better however I have random program crashes, including Brave browser which worked fine has just started closing itself after a couple minutes of being open Google Chrome works fine. The Xbox app closes itself sometimes also. When browsing the internet sometimes it freezes for a minute or too when clicking or switching tabs and then works fine again.

My specs are:

Mobo: ASRock 990FX Extreme3

AMD FX-8320 Eight Core Processor 3.7 Ghz

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Upgraded from a Radeon R9 280

Another issue is I bought a cheap D-LINK USB Network Adapter and occasionally the network will drop out and say no available connections, I need to either turn the Wi-Fi off and on in the bottom right taskbar or pull the Adapter out and plug it back in for it to work again.

I run dual monitors, 1 widescreen on HDMI and a cheap Dell vertical monitor on DVI and occasionally the second monitor will flick to a black screen for a second or less and then back on. But it has always done this and thought nothing of it.

I have ran a Memtest to check the RAM and that didn't show any errors.

What do you think? Should I try a format and clean install? Could it be the motherboard?

:)

rlm42, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

HDD performance issues on Windows 10 - Stuttering and Freezing

Hi Michell,

Here are the possible causes why your system freezes:

• Faulty hardware
    • Corrupted software and driver
    • Incomplete Windows update

To resolve the issues with your Windows 10 computer, we suggest performing the steps below:

Feel free to post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Jun 19, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 19, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Programs Crashing and Performance Issues/Freezing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Programs Crashing Performance

2. Internet Browsers Freezing Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Browsers Freezing Performance Issues: Hey,I purchased an Asus Laptop a few days, and I'm facing serious and weird issues with the laptop performance from day 1 on both OS Windows 10 & 11.Whenever I open an Internet Browser it freezes after few minutes. Chrome - freezes after 2-5 minutes of usage, Edge - freezes...
  3. Internet Browsers Freezing Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Browsers Freezing Performance Issues: Hey,I purchased an Asus Laptop a few days, and I'm facing serious and weird issues with the laptop performance from day 1 on both OS Windows 10 & 11.Whenever I open an Internet Browser it freezes after few minutes. Chrome - freezes after 2-5 minutes of usage, Edge - freezes...
  4. Programs randomly freeze-crashing with no errors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs randomly freeze-crashing with no errors in Windows 10: Some programs crash when i open them i get zero errors and tried to fix it by updating drivers and windows i also tried the sfw scans and restore health noting worked they said they say no errors idk what to do i try to install or unistall anything and i cant i get the same...
  5. GeForce 461.09 for Windows 10 is causing crashes and performance issues

in Windows 10 News
    GeForce 461.09 for Windows 10 is causing crashes and performance issues: Earlier this month, Nvidia started rolling out GeForce 461.09 for Windows 10 with security and general bug fixes. GeForce 461.09 update doesn’t come with any game-specific optimization or features – but some gamers have experienced major problems after applying the patch....
  6. Programs randomly freeze-crashing with no errors in Windows 10

Programs randomly freeze-crashing with no errors in Windows 10: Hi I've been keeping the latest updates for windows 10 and my drivers. However, in the last 48 hours, I've had a multitude of crashes. Programs that have individually crashed, or crashed all together: Chrome, Games, OBS, Filmora For a 3 second period the program will...
  7. Windows 10 Performance Issues

Windows 10 Performance Issues: Hey. I noticed recently that Windows 10 runs sluggishly on my PC. Normal answers include low HD/RAM space, both of which I have more than enough of for Win. 10. In fact, I actually recently installed Windows 10 on my friend's high-end computer, and it seems to run really...
  8. windows 10 performance issue

windows 10 performance issue: auto restart and slow one app open take 10 second how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-performance-issue/ae68cf08-d670-4b49-90b3-cb4c6ffc8cd9
  9. Windows 10 Performance Issues

Windows 10 Performance Issues: Hello Microsoft Community, I am having some performance problems on my Acer Aspire 3. The CPU usage is always at 100%, sometimes the hard drive usage is also at 100%, I found corrupted files when using sfc /scannow. The processor is AMD A4, which is a processor I have never...
  10. Windows 10 performance issue

Windows 10 performance issue: Hello, I bought a new laptop with the following configuration 1. 1TB HDD 2. 4 GB RAM 3. Intel i3 8 gen 4. Windows 10 From the start of the day, it's taking more than 20 sec to respond on any action, Like File Explorer, Edge etc I didn't installed any external...