Windows 10: Programs creating unwanted files in "Documents"

Discus and support Programs creating unwanted files in "Documents" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently bought a MSI laptop and I have been facing a few problems. Some of the programs I have on my computer MATLAB, Aspen HYSYS, Custom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pedro Rached, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Programs creating unwanted files in "Documents"

I have recently bought a MSI laptop and I have been facing a few problems. Some of the programs I have on my computer MATLAB, Aspen HYSYS, Custom Office Templates... are creating files on my "Documents" file. I don't want those files, and they become very annoying, bacause if I erase one of them, the program creates another one. How can I stop the program from creating those files?

Programs creating unwanted files in "Documents" b9ad1019-4708-40ab-850b-75af3db40dd2?upload=true.png

:)

Pedro Rached, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

help in creating a simple program

Hi Yin,

If all you are going to do is copy and paste, it would be much simpler to just create a text file with all of your responses listed alphabetically in it, and copy from that.
    You could just leave the text file open on your desktop.
    Then if you have new ones they would be much easier to add than if you use a program.

Just my opinioin *Wink Programs creating unwanted files in "Documents" ;)

Kreij, Apr 22, 2020
  3. DCnewbie Win User
    Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Nath Bea Win User

Programs creating unwanted files in "Documents"

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Programs creating unwanted files in "Documents"

1. Programs creating unwanted files in "Documents" - Similar Threads - Programs creating unwanted

2. Remove unwanted software from program files\windowsapps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove unwanted software from program files\windowsapps: I have uninstalled CandyCrushSaga and other software items via Settings/Apps/Uninstall, but large numbers of files for CandyCrushSaga still exist in WindowsApps. I am unable to delete them. In fact WindowsApps contains almost 4 GB of files, most of which are never and will...
  3. Program Files Are Being Placed in Documents File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Files Are Being Placed in Documents File: To say that Windows 10 is driving me crazy would be an understatement. Here's the latest problem: Program files (for instance, Winaero, are being saved to the Documents file. So are Windows Metrics. So is just about anything! What the heck? It seems I have no control over...
  4. Create a document

Create a document: Want to type/print/revise a document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-document/6bad3ec0-6560-4213-bced-e165d12b6d18"
  5. unwanted program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unwanted program: can't uninstall segurazo antivirus. do not know where it came from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-program/78587875-7014-489c-bc73-eff95598fed5
  6. Uninstall unwanted program

Uninstall unwanted program: A program named SEGURAZO has found it's way onto my computer. I have tried to uninstall it, but no success. Can anyone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-unwanted-program/e696400b-617d-4486-ad19-1317cb73cf80"
  7. Unwanted program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted program: How do I get rid of Microsoft Teams on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-program/96d1f953-2c45-42a3-8d01-6d757de5ca93
  8. unwanted program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unwanted program: Recently I've been logging in to Google Chrome email and from that into Outlook. Next, when I hit new tab it no longer opens the Google Chrome email home page. Instead, it opens a search page and won't get off it unless I completely exit from Google or restart the whole...
  9. Potentially Unwanted Programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potentially Unwanted Programs: Hi Microsoft, How do I prevent the operating system from pre- and re-installing PUPs on my computer? I neither need or want several programs on my computer that seem to have magically been installed without my permission including but not limited to: Candy Crush XBox...
  10. Unwanted Programs Question?.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Programs Question?.: Is it okay to uninstall Groove Music, Skype. Houzz etc from the Programs list in Windows 10?. I never use any of them and essentially view them as bloatware. I unchecked them all from the various lists in Settings during install of Win10 but find them installed anyway. No...