Windows 10: Programs defaulting to using OneDrive

Discus and support Programs defaulting to using OneDrive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been noticing programs are starting to defaulting to using OneDrive to save temp files, etc. Is there a way to turn this off ? 105119 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mayorville, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Programs defaulting to using OneDrive

I've been noticing programs are starting to defaulting to using OneDrive to save temp files, etc.

Is there a way to turn this off ?

:)

mayorville, Feb 27, 2018

2. 32-Bit Programs Broken, Defaulting to 64-Bit Directories

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that you are facing issues with data storage virtualization and I will direct you to the right Forums.

Since you have set up your PC on a RAID configuration, I would suggest to post this query on TechNet Forums. We have a dedicated team to help you with these type of issues.

Here is the TechNet Forum link:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3f0662ee-56bc-428a-867f-738ad0bc69d4/sbs-2011-exchange-data-storage-keeps-growing?forum=smallbusinessserver

Hope this helps. Keep posting for any issues that you might face with Windows in future.

Joy Kemprai, Feb 27, 2018
  3. 32-Bit Programs Broken, Defaulting to 64-Bit Directories

I set up my computer with a RAID configuration, two SSDs and a HDD. The SSD with my operating system houses program files and other core directories, but since the SSD is not very large I've established folders on the HDD to install programs to in order
    to save space on the SDD.

The default programfilesdir is still C:\Program Files, and programfilesdirx86 is C:\Program Files (x86) .

However, my antivirus recently "broke," and I noticed it kept complaining core files were missing. I checked some of my "all apps" shortcuts, and realized a lot of the "Start in" fields used Program Files while the "Target" used Program Files (x86), rendering
    them broken.

Lastly, I opened an install for a program, which I'm fairly certain is 32-bit, and it had Program Files instead of Program Files (x86) filled in as the preset installation directory.

So I think my newer programs are mixing up directories somehow.

Any help is appreciated c:

Alex__Taylor, Feb 27, 2018
  4. mrgeek Win User

Programs defaulting to using OneDrive

r-click Onedrive tray icon/Settings/Auto Save tab/then OK. See below.

Programs defaulting to using OneDrive [​IMG]

mrgeek, Feb 27, 2018
Thema:

Programs defaulting to using OneDrive

1. Programs defaulting to using OneDrive - Similar Threads - Programs defaulting using

2. Default Program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Program: can't create an association in the Default Program. Can't email scanned item, "no email program is associated to forward scan as email." Followed directions to select the file type to change Mail to Thunderbird, but do not find an OK box to confirm the change....
  3. Default programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default programs: I just reinstalled Windows10 with latest updates and now when I go to Settings to set my defaults specifically Photos - ThumbsPlus , ThumbsPlus does not show up as a selection. The option to select another program from this PC is no longer there, the only options are various...
  4. OneDrive defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive defaults: Hi. My new laptop was set up so that I did not have any files on my c drive at all- everything is in integral to OneDrive which I don't want. I would prefer to back up and archive onto OneDrive as I had on my old laptop which worked fine where I had distinct hard drive...
  5. Default programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default programs: I have set up my default browser properly and when I start it, after startup, it asks me t;o make it the default browser; I have to set it up again and I still get the "make me the default browser" . I know how to do it properly, I've been doing it for years, also the...
  6. Default Program

Default Program: Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to get back to the old Default Program Screen in Win 10. I'm using 10 Pro version 1803 build 17134.407 now. I just don't like the way the new setup is. Thanks much! 122096
  7. Default Program

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Program: Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to get back to the old Default Program Screen in Win 10. I'm using 10 Pro version 1803 build 17134.407 now. I just don't like the way the new setup is. Thanks much! 122096
  8. Default programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default programs: How do I add a program to a default list in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-programs/ae375909-7b32-42fc-aa6e-b492971112a4
  9. Default Programs??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Default Programs??: I'm making a Windows 10 Pro image and I want to make some programs I installed from the administrator account to be default for all users that sign in from our active directory. Is this possible just by using the admin account?? 38787
  10. Enter in "Default programs" the path to new default program?

Enter in "Default programs" the path to new default program?: How could one enter in "Default programs" the path to a program to be set as a default program? I want a portable Firefox to be the default browser. The path to this Firefox is wrong (Firefox is opened without using its profile) so I want to add the correct path (this...