Windows 10: Programs disappear from taskbar even though they're still making sound.

Discus and support Programs disappear from taskbar even though they're still making sound. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It happens mostly when I open another thing, it makes the other program disappear completely from my computer except for task manager, I can't see it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AntiAntiFreeSpeecher, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Programs disappear from taskbar even though they're still making sound.

It happens mostly when I open another thing, it makes the other program disappear completely from my computer except for task manager, I can't see it anywhere, not in ALT TAB, nowhere. Only happens sometimes but it's really annoying.

submitted by /u/AntiAntiFreeSpeecher
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AntiAntiFreeSpeecher, Mar 10, 2021
  2. Mooch Win User

Taskbar program Jump List disappears

Hi,

I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro and I have somewhat of a quirky problem. My taskbar is at the bottom
    of the screen but I have it expanded to 2 rows, e.g. twice as "thick" vertically as the default. When I right-click on any pinned icons on the bottom row and move the mouse up vertically to access the jump list of that particular program, the jump list
    disappears. It seems to be a focus problem of sorts as if I resize the taskbar back to the default, the issue doesn't happen.

Programs disappear from taskbar even though they're still making sound. [​IMG]

Mooch, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Mooch Win User
    Taskbar program Jump List disappears

Follow-up:

When auto-hide taskbar is enabled, the issue doesn't exist but it looks like the jump list is in the foreground which is probably why it works as expected.

Mooch, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Programs disappear from taskbar even though they're still making sound.

Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

I It might make a difference

In this image
    Right click on Combat Example 1

Select Properties
    Change Icon

I think you just skipped a step - not right clicking on the program name to get to the properties option

Slartybart, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Programs disappear from taskbar even though they're still making sound.

1. Programs disappear from taskbar even though they're still making sound. - Similar Threads - Programs disappear taskbar

2. Audio from all my applications still output sound even though I muted it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio from all my applications still output sound even though I muted it: No matter which output device I set my computer to, volume controls do not work.Applications still play at 100% volume.I've uninstalled and reinstalled the audio and sound drivers.Tried restarting machine, resetting the sound devices and volumes for all apps to the...
  3. Audio from all my applications still output sound even though I muted it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio from all my applications still output sound even though I muted it: No matter which output device I set my computer to, volume controls do not work.Applications still play at 100% volume.I've uninstalled and reinstalled the audio and sound drivers.Tried restarting machine, resetting the sound devices and volumes for all apps to the...
  4. My devices wont show up even though they're connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My devices wont show up even though they're connected.: Inside the Bluetooth & other devices page, all of my devices wont show up no matter what I do.All of them are connected both through wire and Bluetooth, all of them function normally.The problem I have is that whenever I want to connect my headphones through Bluetooth I have...
  5. My devices wont show up even though they're connected.

My devices wont show up even though they're connected.: Inside the Bluetooth & other devices page, all of my devices wont show up no matter what I do.All of them are connected both through wire and Bluetooth, all of them function normally.The problem I have is that whenever I want to connect my headphones through Bluetooth I have...
  6. Taskbar is disappearing behind apps even though Autohide is not enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is disappearing behind apps even though Autohide is not enabled: I have win11 pro installed on a dual monitor setup. My graphics card is an RTX2060.I have noticed that when applications are maximised, they fill the full screen rather than align to the top of the taskbar. Here is excel for example. You can't see the bottom scroll bars...
  7. Taskbar is disappearing behind apps even though Autohide is not enabled

Taskbar is disappearing behind apps even though Autohide is not enabled: I have win11 pro installed on a dual monitor setup. My graphics card is an RTX2060.I have noticed that when applications are maximised, they fill the full screen rather than align to the top of the taskbar. Here is excel for example. You can't see the bottom scroll bars...
  8. Random keys act like they're stuck even though they're physically not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random keys act like they're stuck even though they're physically not: I just bought a brand-new laptop a couple of weeks ago with Windows 11 on it but from day 1 I've been having issues with the keyboard. For example, if I hold down the down arrow button or W key too long sometimes, the window start button activates. If I'm casually typing or...
  9. Random keys act like they're stuck even though they're physically not

Random keys act like they're stuck even though they're physically not: I just bought a brand-new laptop a couple of weeks ago with Windows 11 on it but from day 1 I've been having issues with the keyboard. For example, if I hold down the down arrow button or W key too long sometimes, the window start button activates. If I'm casually typing or...
  10. Windows thinks keys are being held even though they're not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows thinks keys are being held even though they're not: Once in a while, usually when I'm gaming, I will be pressing a key say, "w" and either: 1 My keyboard no longer realizes I'm holding the key, or 2 I stop pressing the key, but my keyboard thinks I'm still pressing it. This is annoying when playing games especially,...