Windows 10: programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd

Discus and support programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; file explorer folders keep crashing or exiting when minimized random folders not specific and so does mozilla firefox ive uninstalled and reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by XGN h3xkore, Apr 10, 2022.

1. programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd

file explorer folders keep crashing or exiting when minimized random folders not specific and so does mozilla firefox ive uninstalled and reinstalled to make sure it wasnt firefox also im get CTD issues with one of my games my drivers are all up-to-date and i have the latest windows update any suggestions? i think the game issue is my own fault and not related but i need help primarily with the minimized crashes.

:)

XGN h3xkore, Apr 10, 2022

2. Microsoft EDGE Keeps minimizing after exiting a video on fullscreen

Hi everyone. Every time I exit a video on YouTube, or twitch.tv or any other activity, on full screen the EDGE browser minimizes. This is really annoying. Any suggestion to solve this?

Dragos IonutVlad, Apr 10, 2022
  3. Involuntary screen minimization

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of the computer ?
    I suggest you to check in safe mode and clean boot.

Method 1:

Boot the computer in Safe Mode and place the computer in Clean Boot and check if the issue persists.

Step 1:

Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.

I would suggest you to try the steps in the below Microsoft help article on
    How to Boot into Safe mode.

Find safe mode and other startup settings in Windows 10

Step 2:

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer:

To start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link below

Method 2:

Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to troubleshoot the device:

a. Press Windows key to launch the Start screen.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

c. In the new window, click View all on the left pane.

d. In the list of options, click on Hardware and devices.

e. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 10, 2022
  4. a6naf Win User

programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd

Auto-minimizing of some programs, not able to bring out of minimized state

I have been have some strange issues for a while now, in that certain programs are unwilling to open in any state other than minimized. It started with Steam, not the whole program but messages from a single friend always remaining minimized. It has now
    progressed to the friends list always remaining minimized as well as several other friends' messages being sometimes minimized. This morning it started happening to every Chrome page I tried to open. The page opens in minimized form and cannot be pulled up
    on the screen in any way. This happens regardless of what other programs are open or how many times the program is opened. I have tried re-installing Chrome and restoring the computer to about a week ago. As this is no longer confined to a single program I
    am convinced that there is a setting somewhere in Windows 10 that is causing this despite the fact that I have not been altering any settings. I have been using Windows 10 for months without significant problems, but this is getting ridiculous. Any suggests
    for resolving this would be much appreciated.

a6naf, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd

1. programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd - Similar Threads - programs exit minimized

2. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  3. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  4. programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd: file explorer folders keep crashing or exiting when minimized random folders not specific and so does mozilla firefox ive uninstalled and reinstalled to make sure it wasnt firefox also im get CTD issues with one of my games my drivers are all up-to-date and i have the latest...
  5. programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd: file explorer folders keep crashing or exiting when minimized random folders not specific and so does mozilla firefox ive uninstalled and reinstalled to make sure it wasnt firefox also im get CTD issues with one of my games my drivers are all up-to-date and i have the latest...
  6. Escape from tarkov minimizing when full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Escape from tarkov minimizing when full screen: So, i recently downloaded windows without borders for my 2 pc, 2 monitor set up. When i have my game up it automatically full screens but when i get to the edge where the other screen is it minimizes my game from simply going to the edge of the screen? I tried to download...
  7. Computer freezes when exiting full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes when exiting full screen: Hi. So recently i just bought my first desktop pc. Everything was perfect until i found something strange. Whenever i exit a full screen game(like when pressing continue on the end screen of league of legends, or exit game on any other game) my pc freezes. Audio is still...
  8. Random Minimizes in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Minimizes in Full Screen: Hi guys, In the last week i've been through random minimizes while in full screen (Movies,Clips,Games Etc.) I tried checking for malware, there wasn't any malware. I also tried to format my pc, still same issue. Anyone knows a solution? Thanks! submitted by /u/Ofeku1...
  9. Full Screen Apps Minimizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full Screen Apps Minimizing: I have a two monitor set up. When I'm watching videos full screen on the Netflix app and Movies and Video player and I click on something on my other screen, apps automatically minimize my video and pause it. Is there some setting in windows where I can turn this off?...
  10. Games or any full screen program minimize to desktop randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Games or any full screen program minimize to desktop randomly: Every five minutes or so my full screen programs minimize to the desktop while the mouse is idle(when I'm using a controller or watching a movie), and i believe the culprit is an application that opens and closes before I can see it. I've scoured the event viewer, and have...