Programs & Features Crashing to Desktop

Discus and support Programs & Features Crashing to Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (Build 10240) Attempting to uninstalling anything from Programs & Features causes it to crash to desktop without giving me the uninstall utility. Has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fracking4oil, Jul 25, 2015.

1. fracking4oil Win User

(Build 10240) Attempting to uninstalling anything from Programs & Features causes it to crash to desktop without giving me the uninstall utility. Has anyone else run into this? Any solution?

:)

fracking4oil, Jul 25, 2015
  2. Mark [MSFT] Win User

Constant bluescreens - still not fixed

Sorry that the desktop assist program was a waste of time, and that you're still seeing crashes Programs & Features Crashing to Desktop :(

For the system driver, you mentioned that you'd already installed it. Was it the same version that I suggested in an earlier post? The version should be listed in Control panel -> programs -> programs and features.

I ask because in looking at the crashes, it still appears to be a version from 2012.

Mark [MSFT], Jul 25, 2015
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Missing Programs

Go to Start > Settings > System > Apps & features.

This should list all Desktop Programs installed along with Windows Apps, The latter are not listed in Control Panel > Programs & features.

Click on one to display the Uninstall button. If it is a Desktop program that will launch the normal uninstaller as if opened for the original utility. If Uninstall is greyed out then it is most likely an original Windows Program which nominally cannot be
    uninstalled.

HairyFool, Jul 25, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

I get this behaviour by right clicking an item in the list and choosing 'Uninstall' from the context menu. It seems like Explorer restarts.

The solution, for me, is selecting the item and clicking the Uninstall button at the top of the list.

I noticed it first after the last security update and after I installed JACK. It first happened when tried to uninstall JACK. I suspect one or other.

5. Berton Win User
    Mine does exactly the same.

Berton, Jul 25, 2015
  6. fracking4oil Win User
    That worked, thank you! I never even notice there was an uninstall button up top. lol

fracking4oil, Jul 26, 2015
  7. Berton Win User
    The Uninstall/Change button may not show above the list of programs until a program has been selected/clicked on.

Berton, Jul 26, 2015
  8. NUS
    Nus Win User

This problem has now cleared up for me since last two updates: KB3074683 & KB3074678.

9. NUS
    Nus Win User
    I just saw an article and it was KB3074681 that caused Explorer to crash, when using Uninstall Programs, and KB3074683 fixes it.

Thema:

1. Programs & Features Crashing to Desktop - Similar Threads - Programs Features Crashing

2. Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...: Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to do it but I'm the admin. My laptop has only one user account and it´s the administrator, and I´ve installed whatsapp using this account, so I don't understand why I don't have the...
  3. On Laptop Win10 Sliders don't show in fullscreen Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On Laptop Win10 Sliders don't show in fullscreen Programs: I have a new acer laptop, I manually install Win10 Enterprise LTSB2016 with a full wipe, and already downloaded the newest updates. System version 14393. I've noticed that when I am playing fullscreen games, those brightness and volume adjust sliders on top left of the screen...
  4. Desktop sharing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop sharing: A chat site says I am using a desktop sharing prgram!!! What is this this & how do I rectify it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/desktop-sharing/ccf0a438-997a-47e8-b95a-2c06dfd33e75"
  5. Reset Windows 10 lose Programs

Reset Windows 10 lose Programs: Hello, I was after the last downloads from MS for my Windows 10 - So thinking I could do this, I use the reset to another date - no help there. So I use the reset to factory settings - forgot that this computer was first Windows 7 - Well, the reset did not go to win 7, it...
  6. Svchost.exe Crash

Svchost.exe Crash: Hello. Today, I needed to restart my PC. When I went to the start menu, and went to the power down options, it said, "Update and restart." So I restarted the PC and got some sort of update, not suspecting anything would become a problem. Now, after this update, my svchost.exe...
  7. Technical Issues over Program FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Technical Issues over Program FSX: Hello, First of all I have been tried to contact the page internet http://support.microsoft.com/international.aspx....but in vain, the page is always closed and can't be found, that is why I contact Microsoft community. Well, I am having the following issues since I...
  8. How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?: I have used remote desktop for years, but since the windows 10 app came out, I have nothing but trouble. Most of the time it just won't connect. It wants an email or URL. This is a private LAN. I've enabled remote desktop on the server and my local PC. I am the administrator....
  9. Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.: Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay! A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my PC. I noticed that most of the times, when I shut it down (I always close all the programs running) and then turn it on again (instantly or hours after), all of my programs were...
  10. Technical Issues over Program FSX

in Windows 10 Customization
    Technical Issues over Program FSX: Hello, First of all I have been tried to contact the page internet http://support.microsoft.com/international.aspx....but in vain, the page is always closed and can't be found, that is why I contact Microsoft community. Well, I am having the following issues since I...