Windows 10: Programs & Features Crashing to Desktop

Discus and support Programs & Features Crashing to Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (Build 10240) Attempting to uninstalling anything from Programs & Features causes it to crash to desktop without giving me the uninstall utility. Has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fracking4oil, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Programs & Features Crashing to Desktop

(Build 10240) Attempting to uninstalling anything from Programs & Features causes it to crash to desktop without giving me the uninstall utility. Has anyone else run into this? Any solution?

:)

fracking4oil, Jul 25, 2015

2. Constant bluescreens - still not fixed

Sorry that the desktop assist program was a waste of time, and that you're still seeing crashes Programs & Features Crashing to Desktop :(

For the system driver, you mentioned that you'd already installed it. Was it the same version that I suggested in an earlier post? The version should be listed in Control panel -> programs -> programs and features.

I ask because in looking at the crashes, it still appears to be a version from 2012.

Mark [MSFT], Jul 25, 2015
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Missing Programs

Go to Start > Settings > System > Apps & features.

This should list all Desktop Programs installed along with Windows Apps, The latter are not listed in Control Panel > Programs & features.

Click on one to display the Uninstall button. If it is a Desktop program that will launch the normal uninstaller as if opened for the original utility. If Uninstall is greyed out then it is most likely an original Windows Program which nominally cannot be
    uninstalled.

HairyFool, Jul 25, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Programs & Features Crashing to Desktop

I get this behaviour by right clicking an item in the list and choosing 'Uninstall' from the context menu. It seems like Explorer restarts.

The solution, for me, is selecting the item and clicking the Uninstall button at the top of the list.

I noticed it first after the last security update and after I installed JACK. It first happened when tried to uninstall JACK. I suspect one or other.

5. Berton Win User
    Mine does exactly the same.

Berton, Jul 25, 2015
  6. That worked, thank you! I never even notice there was an uninstall button up top. lol

fracking4oil, Jul 26, 2015
  7. Berton Win User
    The Uninstall/Change button may not show above the list of programs until a program has been selected/clicked on.

Berton, Jul 26, 2015
  8. NUS
    Nus Win User

This problem has now cleared up for me since last two updates: KB3074683 & KB3074678.

9. NUS
    Nus Win User
    I just saw an article and it was KB3074681 that caused Explorer to crash, when using Uninstall Programs, and KB3074683 fixes it.

Thema:

1. Programs & Features Crashing to Desktop - Similar Threads - Programs Features Crashing

2. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs not showing in programs and features: Hi somedays ago i turned off my laptop and next day when i turned it on and i wanted to uninstall Adobe Photoshop but it was not listed in the programs and features. and there are some other programs that are not showing in the list.And yeah after that day my Laptop isn't...
  3. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs not showing in programs and features: Hi somedays ago i turned off my laptop and next day when i turned it on and i wanted to uninstall Adobe Photoshop but it was not listed in the programs and features. and there are some other programs that are not showing in the list.And yeah after that day my Laptop isn't...
  4. Many windows features and programs keep crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many windows features and programs keep crashing: Hello everyone,I am currently experiencing issues with my Windows. This all happened after Project Cars 2 crashed. I have uninstalled it, no difference. Apps such as Spotify, many video games, Solidworks all crash within seconds of opening, even if run as administrator. So...
  5. Programs and features question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs and features question: So i asked this question already but no one answers, so when you remove a software from programs and features is that all you need to do? I uninstalled razer cortex and razer synapse and it got removed but when i go to file explorer i still see folders of it? Is that normal...
  6. Programs and features question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs and features question: So i removed razer cortex and razer synapse from programs and features and i was wondering if that all i need to do to get rid of it? I went into my files and saw that there are still fules of razer in program files, program files86, and program data and i was wondering if...
  7. Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs and Features: Ever since Windows 10 did its automatic update, which should be illegal I never asked it to update and I even tried turning the feature off but it updated anyways, now when I look under Programs and Features it shows that I have a total of 15 programs installed on my...
  8. programs & features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    programs & features: There are several programs on my laptop that seem like they might be unnecessary but I'm not sure. For instance, there are 2 programs called Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable - Version 11.0.61030.0. They were both installed on the same date in 2018 - but one says...
  9. Programs and features

Programs and features: The list of windows settings is extensive. Is there a default setting or a list of items that must be left on in order to keep the basic Win10 programs running. I would like to shut down anything that is burning Ram that I don't need. Cortina is the biggest user of Ram...
  10. Program missing from Programs and Features

Program missing from Programs and Features: I want to uninstall iTunes but it isn't in the list of programs in Programs and Features. I have an icon for iTunes which opens the program successfully so I know it is installed. How do I uninstall it?...