Windows 10: programs foisted upon me every time there's a forced update

Discus and support programs foisted upon me every time there's a forced update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home -How do i stop microsoft from weighing down my computer with unwanted programs and garbage I never wanted with every "update"? It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anamarsa, Sep 29, 2019.

1. anamarsa Win User

programs foisted upon me every time there's a forced update

Windows 10 Home

-How do i stop microsoft from weighing down my computer with unwanted programs and garbage I never wanted with every "update"?

It is infuriating to be constantly trying to free up space for the programs and apps I need and trying to guess which programs microsoft loads onto my system without permission, are able to be uninstalled without screwing up my computer.

How can someone without a degree in IT discern unnecessary programs loaded on by microsoft from necessary updates?

Also-just curious why windows will not allow me to copy and paste my basic pc info when necessary like now?

Thanks.

:)

anamarsa, Sep 29, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond programs foisted upon me every time there's a forced update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 29, 2019
  4. programs foisted upon me every time there's a forced update

Microsoft forced updates

Hello,

A driver is a program that controls a device that is connected to your computer. Having an outdated driver after installing a Windows update may cause functionality issues due to incompatibility and this may be the reason you're experiencing screen flickering.
    To resolve the said issue, we suggest that you refer
    here
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for screen flickering in Windows 10.

Let us know if the steps on the link addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

programs foisted upon me every time there's a forced update

1. programs foisted upon me every time there's a forced update - Similar Threads - programs foisted upon

2. Candy Crush Saga - forced upon me

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Candy Crush Saga - forced upon me: when i start my laptop, and before i even put my PIN in i'm offered Candy Crush Saga - whatever that is. How do i stop this happening. It's outrageously intrusive of Microsoft to do this. It's just another manipulative waste of time. By the way - what pre set category should...
  3. Candy Crush Saga - forced upon me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Candy Crush Saga - forced upon me: when i start my laptop, and before i even put my PIN in i'm offered Candy Crush Saga - whatever that is. How do i stop this happening. It's outrageously intrusive of Microsoft to do this. It's just another manipulative waste of time. By the way - what pre set category should...
  4. Candy Crush Saga - forced upon me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 forcing sign-in every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 forcing sign-in every time: Windows 11 forces us to either sign-in to Microsoft everytime I use my personal PC or to sign in to with a pin. I'm not gonna even mention the term "local account" since most of us don't even know what that is.I don't want to sign in PERIOD. Do you understand????? Not Locally...
  6. Windows 11 forcing sign-in every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 forcing sign-in every time: Windows 11 forces us to either sign-in to Microsoft everytime I use my personal PC or to sign in to with a pin. I'm not gonna even mention the term "local account" since most of us don't even know what that is.I don't want to sign in PERIOD. Do you understand????? Not Locally...
  7. WINDOWS STOP FORCING ME UPDATES EVERY **** MONTH

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS STOP FORCING ME UPDATES EVERY **** MONTH: I'M TIRED OF THESE WINDOWS 10 **** UPDATES. THEY JUST MAKE MY PC SLOWER. SO I DON'T WANT TO UPDATE. THEN GUESS WHAT? WINDOWS 10 UPDATES BY ITSELF WHILE I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF IT UPDATING MY PC. THEN I CHECK OUT AND SAY "WOW IT LOOKS GOOD.". THEN WHEN I TRY TO PLAY GAMES AND...
  8. Every program requires every to re-login upon reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every program requires every to re-login upon reboot: Hi Ever since updating windows, I’m having an issue when I reboot my machine that every program/app requires me to login again (eg: adobe, one drive, security software, Microsoft office and even saved logins on chrome). This never used to be the case pre-update, and I can...
  9. Windows update has forced itself upon me and locked me out of my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update has forced itself upon me and locked me out of my PC: I keep all updates set to only install when I tell windows to do that. So why is Microsoft now forcing windows 10 updates regardless of what I told windows the behavior I wanted? I've pushed this thing aside and tried to reconfigure it, but no, microsoft has to do it this...
  10. Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time: I know similar questions have been asked. I'm curious as to why Windows 10 has a hard problem with this as not all programs will stay in the same monitor after dragging the program to the selected monitor, "restore down" and close the program. It works for "some" programs,...