Windows 10: Programs freeze, and fail to respond,

Discus and support Programs freeze, and fail to respond, in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have an HP, AIO Desktop, My computer runs 24/7. I count on it in everything I do, but lately it has started rash of programs not responding,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlbertSutton1, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Programs freeze, and fail to respond,

Hello, I have an HP, AIO Desktop, My computer runs 24/7. I count on it in everything I do, but lately it has started rash of programs not responding, and the screen fades or fogs, and I have to cut power to it to get control of it again. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You All! *Peace*

:)

AlbertSutton1, Mar 8, 2020

2. Windows Folders Randomly Freezing and Not Responding

Once in a while, some of my windows folders, irrespective of the number of files and their size randomly freezes, then shows not responding and shuts down.

When i try and open them again they do the same. over and over.

the only solutions I have found to overcome this is.

1. Restart the System.
    2. Remove a few items from the folder.
    3. Change the Sort by/Group by Format of the folder.

Can anyone suggest what may be the source of the problem; and any solutions ?

Vigneswara Prabhu, Mar 8, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Programs freeze, and fail to respond, :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 8, 2020
  4. domharris Win User

Programs freeze, and fail to respond,

Constant freezing and programs not responding

Hi,

I had to reset my pc because of a problem installing my new CPU and motherboard cause (unable to reactivate windows). now this problem is fixed my computer keeps freezing and i cant interact with any programs, this happens once every 5-15 mins and it doesn't
    matter what programs i am using, could be Overwatch to just moving files around in the windows explorer it happens constantly.

here is a list of things i have tried:

virus scan - doesn't apply because i reset my pc

hardware overheating - none of my hardware goes above the normal range for there temperature

booting in safemode - there is no difference to when i normally boot

one drive syncing - i have turned off syncing and it still freezes

Can anyone help me with this and suggest anything else i can do?

domharris, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Programs freeze, and fail to respond,

1. Programs freeze, and fail to respond, - Similar Threads - Programs freeze fail

2. Outlook freezing and not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook freezing and not responding: Hello. I work for an MSP and we are having an issue on a number of Dell issues laptops. All running windows 11 with good specs. Outlook will randomly start freezing and be unusable. The only way our users can get back to work is by force closing the app or restarting their...
  3. PC not responding/freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not responding/freezes: PC apps stop responding/loading 1 by 1,eventually entire PC stops responding.Try to shutdown but the PC gets stuck on the 'Shutting down' screen.Tried updating windows,defragmenting,memory scan and a virus scan.none worked.disable fast start-up also...
  4. PC not responding/freezes

PC not responding/freezes: PC apps stop responding/loading 1 by 1,eventually entire PC stops responding.Try to shutdown but the PC gets stuck on the 'Shutting down' screen.Tried updating windows,defragmenting,memory scan and a virus scan.none worked.disable fast start-up also...
  5. Many programs not responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Many programs not responding: I turned on my computer this morning, and since, it has been running extremley slowly, programs closing for no reason. for example sevral programs even like notepad or device manager, it comes up with not responding and have to close it with task manager. i ran the SFC log...
  6. Program Not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Not Responding: Need help.Program not responding nch software bluescreen occurs already done doing reinstalling software , update graphics card, install .net framework https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-not-responding/3b5240cd-9dbf-4b45-8ee6-b3a94c592782
  7. Programs not responding

Programs not responding: Recently my Lenovo Windows 10 pc freezes to the point that it now longer functions with out removing power and restarting. This can occur both when in active use or after coming back from sleep mode. Programs including all Office products are gray with the spinning icon...
  8. Program not responding

Program not responding: For about a week or so now we’ve had the same issue that many have had since the latest update. We applied the patch yesterday and all seemd well. For a brief moment. Today while working within our company program, we attempted to email a client. The program emails through...
  9. Programs not responding

Programs not responding: I have a weird problem, my programs is not responding with win 10 version 1607 to 1709. I wonder what happen. These does not happen with win 10 version 1511 and 1803. 113467
  10. Programs not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs not responding: I have a weird problem, my programs is not responding with win 10 version 1607 to 1709. I wonder what happen. These does not happen with win 10 version 1511 and 1803. 113467