Windows 10: Programs freezing at random after latest Windows update

Discus and support Programs freezing at random after latest Windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Following the latest Windows update for March, on build 1909, I have been having several programs freeze at random. Sometimes I can run them for hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KainArkanos, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Programs freezing at random after latest Windows update

Following the latest Windows update for March, on build 1909, I have been having several programs freeze at random. Sometimes I can run them for hours before it happens, other times not even half an hour. When the programs freeze, I have to close them through Task Manager. When I attempt to re-open them, they remain unresponsive and just appear as a plain black box. I am only able to re-open these programs after a restart of my PC.

Programs notably affected have been:

Twitch App
    Minecraft

OBS

In order to attempt to resolve this from my side, I have already tried reinstalling Windows but the problem has still persisted despite doing so. I've also done stress tests for my CPU, GPU, and RAM to ensure none were having issues to narrow down the possibilities.

:)

KainArkanos, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Windows Creator Update Freezes Some Programs when typing

Thanks for the reply. Since the Creator's Update is giving you some issues, we suggest reverting back to the previous update. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings window.
    • Click Update and Security, then Recovery.
    • Select Get Started, under Go back section.

Once done, it will restart your PC. After the restart, please do check if you'll still experience freeze moments on any programs you are working on.

We're looking forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Mar 17, 2020
  4. TIGR Win User

Programs freezing at random after latest Windows update

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

Thema:

Programs freezing at random after latest Windows update

1. Programs freezing at random after latest Windows update - Similar Threads - Programs freezing random

2. PC freezing randomly after latest cumulative updates and can't uninstall them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing randomly after latest cumulative updates and can't uninstall them: My PC is freezing randomly the past few days. No BSOD but the screen, cursor and clock freeze. It happens while reading emails, or scrolling through Facebook, or even when the PC is idle with just a screen protector running. The only way out is pressing the power button. I've...
  3. PC freezing randomly after latest cumulative updates and can't uninstall them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezing randomly after latest cumulative updates and can't uninstall them: My PC is freezing randomly the past few days. No BSOD but the screen, cursor and clock freeze. It happens while reading emails, or scrolling through Facebook, or even when the PC is idle with just a screen protector running. The only way out is pressing the power button. I've...
  4. Program not working after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program not working after latest windows update.: Hello support. After last windows update my label creating program is not working. When I click on the icon this Labelview program starts for a moment that means a small window appears for 2 seconds and then disappears. Program does not start. Program name is: Labelview....
  5. Program not working after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program not working after latest windows update.: Hello support. After last windows update my label creating program is not working. When I click on the icon this Labelview program starts for a moment that means a small window appears for 2 seconds and then disappears. Program does not start. Program name is: Labelview....
  6. Program not working after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Pc freezing after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezing after latest update: Hello I recently updated my pc to the latest version of Windows 10 and now it randomly freezes without warning. How cabinet determine the cause and fix the issue? I have tried reducing the amount of programs I use. I have also recently started using photoshop for...
  8. Windows 10 keeps freezing after the latest update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 keeps freezing after the latest update: Windows keeps freezing and won't even let me restart unless I press off button after the latest update of windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keeps-freezing-after-the-latest-update/61929a83-7a28-4aee-9885-896163d8c110
  9. Random Freezes after Windows Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Freezes after Windows Cumulative Update: I'm getting random freezes in my PC after the cumulative updates. I ran driver verifier and it crashes before start windows, with "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION" statement. I'll attach the dmp file result, and I need help to find out which driver is causing the issue....
  10. programs crashing after latest windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    programs crashing after latest windows update: I have an HP G6 Notebook with Windows 10. I have the most current windows 10. Ever since the new update, I will be doing something and some or all of the programs say not responding, or they all just turn off and disappear. When I run troubleshooting, I go to windows store...