Windows 10: Programs "freezing" but not really?

Discus and support Programs "freezing" but not really? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently reformatted my computer. My main drive is a ssd and my computer was acting kind of slow so I decided to do a whole wipe. And afterwards... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MoustachedVillain, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Programs "freezing" but not really?

So I recently reformatted my computer. My main drive is a ssd and my computer was acting kind of slow so I decided to do a whole wipe. And afterwards everything was fine, dandy and waaay faster than before and I could edit videos for hours fine. but now randomly things like chrome and my windows taskbar will freeze but the weird thing is, they won't do the thing where it whites out with the (not responding) text but I just can't interact with it. Things like my discord won't connect even though my internet is fine and restarting my computer takes ages but forcing it to shutdown and then power it back up takes only a couple seconds. The biggest alarm is the windows security option of Potentially Unwanted Apps blocker thing in windows is off even though by default it should be on and I can't even change it despite being administrator any help would be much appreciated!

submitted by /u/MoustachedVillain
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MoustachedVillain, Jun 16, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Josef Bri Win User
    Windows Creator Update Freezes Some Programs when typing

Thanks for the reply. Since the Creator's Update is giving you some issues, we suggest reverting back to the previous update. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings window.
    • Click Update and Security, then Recovery.
    • Select Get Started, under Go back section.

Once done, it will restart your PC. After the restart, please do check if you'll still experience freeze moments on any programs you are working on.

We're looking forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Programs "freezing" but not really?

Programs keep freezing(not resporting)

Hi Bosko,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

As the programs freezes and unable to access the videos on Microsoft Edge, I understand the inconvenience.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Is there any error code/ error message with this issue?

Step 1: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest updates on your device, install them and check with the status of this issue.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Try to access the videos on Internet Explorer and check if there is any issues.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Programs "freezing" but not really?

1. Programs "freezing" but not really? - Similar Threads - Programs freezing really

2. Do Windows optimizer programs really work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do Windows optimizer programs really work?: I'm using Windows 11, and when it comes to optimizing, there are lots of programs targeting to make Windows faster.DriversDoes Windows really install all drivers for all components? If Windows installs the drivers, why do other programs tell us, 'Your driver is outdated! You...
  3. Do Windows optimizer programs really work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do Windows optimizer programs really work?: I'm using Windows 11, and when it comes to optimizing, there are lots of programs targeting to make Windows faster.DriversDoes Windows really install all drivers for all components? If Windows installs the drivers, why do other programs tell us, 'Your driver is outdated! You...
  4. Programs freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs freezing: Is there any possible fix to programs freezing when I alt + tab? Whenever I try to alt tab between tabs (for an example chrome and any other fullscreen program, the program running in the background stops playing videos or freezes completely). The biggest problem is that...
  5. Windows 10 performance is really slow and it freezes randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 performance is really slow and it freezes randomly: I'm using windows 10 From the last 10 days my explorer crashes or stops responding, sometimes with the screen going black with only a cursor, after I updated my windows 10 to the latest version 20H2 and removed the third party anti-virus software, explore is working better...
  6. Program screen is really tiny

Program screen is really tiny: [ATTACH] So, a while ago I got among us. A few days later, I tried opening the game but it appears in this REALLY tiny rectangle. I cant enlarge it through hovering on the borders, and I can only move the tab. Can someone help me or suggest some fixes? I've also tried...
  7. Computer fan really loud, but no programs running.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer fan really loud, but no programs running.: I just bought a Asus Zenbook 14'' UM433IQ and it works great, but when I open the laptop after closing it to sleep the fan goes to 100% immediately and won't turn off. I've checked task manager and no program is using that much CPU or GPU for it to be this loud. What can I...
  8. Some programs/windows looks really blurry

Some programs/windows looks really blurry: Its really weird to explain but some programs and windows for example the windows recovery windows looks really blurry and not so sharp. Also my hide pictograms in the right corner. submitted by /u/midsty [link] [comments]...
  9. Freezing in Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Freezing in Programs: Hello guys again I have an NEW issue. Ever since update to Windows 10 2004 latest version I believe I have had several issues and want to see if anyone know these or knows a fix. 1st issue is sometimes after I am waking or open my laptop I get one of 2 screens either an ALL...
  10. Really Bad Freezing Issues..

in Windows 10 Support
    Really Bad Freezing Issues..: Hello, I've had Windows 10 since the day of release (upgraded from 8.1). It has worked flawlessly showing no signs of issues. Just yesterday I started encountering some rather unusual, very very frustrating issues. Whether I am browsing file explorer or simply playing a game,...