Windows 10: Programs freezing on monitor that isn't "main display"

Discus and support Programs freezing on monitor that isn't "main display" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having an issue with my computer that didn't used to exist. I have a dual screen set up with "extend these displays" option set, I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarsCookie, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Programs freezing on monitor that isn't "main display"

Hi, I'm having an issue with my computer that didn't used to exist. I have a dual screen set up with "extend these displays" option set, I noticed about a week ago that when I started certain programs (autodesk maya and substance painter) on my monitor that wasn't set to "make this my main display" the programs would freeze before fully starting up. I've tried updating drivers for everything and still nothing, I've even tried different monitors thinking that was the issue but still nothing. Any solution that can be offered would be appreciated as.

:)

MarsCookie, Jun 21, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 21, 2019
  3. damtachoa Win User
    4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Programs freezing on monitor that isn't "main display"

How to get a program to start up on monitor 2

Hello,

You may customize your display and place the icons of the programs that you like in your preferred monitor. To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and then click System.
    • Click Display and then place your programs or icons to monitor 2.
    • Click the monitor 2, put a check mark in "Make this my main display" and then click Apply.
    Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Programs freezing on monitor that isn't "main display"

1. Programs freezing on monitor that isn't "main display" - Similar Threads - Programs freezing monitor

2. Display monitor totally equivallent on the main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display monitor totally equivallent on the main: I got second monitor set up and it is totally equivallent on the main monitor. I am 84 years old and I dont know how to fix or adjust settings. Please provide some simple fix...
  3. Display monitor totally equivallent on the main

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display monitor totally equivallent on the main: I got second monitor set up and it is totally equivallent on the main monitor. I am 84 years old and I dont know how to fix or adjust settings. Please provide some simple fix...
  4. Display monitor totally equivallent on the main

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Opening programs on the extended monitor but not the main monitor

Opening programs on the extended monitor but not the main monitor: Hi all,I had the Windows 10 . My setup is a laptop with an extra monitor which set as Extended Display.The screen of the laptop is main screenNormally , the programs should be opened in the main screen. But I realized that sometimes the programs were opening in the extended...
  6. Main monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Main monitor: Every once in a while my main monitor freezes. I have an HP Pavilion Desktop. I have to restart my graphics drivers every time this happens using Win+Ctrl+Shift+B, and although this works, I am looking for a permanent fix, and an explanation to the problem. Looking this...
  7. Unable to make Dell monitor as Main display

Unable to make Dell monitor as Main display: I have a Dell monitor and a HDTV (720) connected to my Windows 10 computer. Dell is horizontal - DVI HDTV is vertical - HDMI When I turn on the computer and monitor is ON, Windows sees it as Display 1. Unfortunately when I turn on the TV, Windows assigns #1 to TV!!!! Rather...
  8. Monitor isn't displaying after reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor isn't displaying after reboot: So last night, everything was working fine, i turned my computer off and headed to bed, now I turn my computer on, and not it isn't displaying anything on my monitor. My pc is on, fans and lights are running and my hdmi is plugged into my monitor and graphics card. Now i...
  9. Can't make external monitor main display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't make external monitor main display: I have an Acer Aspire ES-15 Win 10 laptop and an external Hanns-G monitor which i would like to make the main display. I go to SETTINGS > DISPLAY and there is a tickbox that says "MAKE THIS MY MAIN DISPLAY" This is the option i want, however the tickbox is greyed out and i...
  10. Main monitor desktop freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Main monitor desktop freeze: Hello! Lately I've encountered this strange bug and I'm not sure where it's from. Sometimes, just after booting, the main screen desktop will fail to become interactable. None of the icons are clickable, it is impossible to open a right-click menu and the taskbar is...