Windows 10: Programs / Games missing write permissions?

Discus and support Programs / Games missing write permissions? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows 10 a while ago and its been fine. Since maybe a month ago any recently installed steam games are failing to save their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FullPoet, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Programs / Games missing write permissions?

I reinstalled Windows 10 a while ago and its been fine.

Since maybe a month ago any recently installed steam games are failing to save their configuration (PoE and M&B2).

How can I check what permissions are missing?

I've tried: * giving all users except ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES and ALL.... RESTRICTED PACKAGES users full access yet no luck. * Running as admin (both steam and game) * Reinstalling * Using the utility to take ownership * Reset the file permissions using icacls "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" /reset /t /c /l

I know that PoE writes to the documents folder for its conf files and M&B does it to its own steamapps/common directory. M&B also writes to documents folder.

It's very frustrating. Any ideas?

Edit:

It seems that M&B (according to this ) should have written the folder:

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\

To my documents, but its not there.

Theres nothing unusual about the my documents folder - the only thing I've done is to setup a different folder that I use as my documents but leave the "old" one intact. Could I have fucked up any PATH variables or anything?

submitted by /u/FullPoet
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FullPoet, Apr 2, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Error: 'msflxgrd.ocx missing' while installing program on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue might be due to corrupt/missing installation files of the program. Please provide the below information to understand the issue in a better way.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. How are you installing the program?
    3. Which program you are trying to install?

Since you have already tried some steps to resolve the issue, but you were unable to fix it. Please let me know the steps which you have tried, so that I will not provide the same suggestions again.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Programs / Games missing write permissions?

Write permission

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If you don’t have permission for any folder follow the below steps to give permissions:

Let’s give permission to the folder and check if that helps. Follow these steps to give permissions to the drive.

• Right-click on the folder which you’re unable to access and select Properties.
    • Click on ‘Security’ tab and under ‘Group or user names’ click on ‘Edit’.
    • Click on ‘Add’ and type ‘everyone’.
    • Click on ‘Check names’ and then click ‘OK’.
    • Select ‘everyone’ and under ‘Allow’ select
      ‘Full control’
      and click on ‘Apply’ and Click ‘Ok’.
    Hope this information help and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Mohammed Yaseer, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Programs / Games missing write permissions?

1. Programs / Games missing write permissions? - Similar Threads - Programs Games missing

2. Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game: Hello there,I installed a game from a platform called Steam and I tried to launch but I am facing issues with this game, the other games that I do have are working normally. From what I read from the internet / Microsoft it is based on giving permission from properties >...
  3. Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game: Hello there,I installed a game from a platform called Steam and I tried to launch but I am facing issues with this game, the other games that I do have are working normally. From what I read from the internet / Microsoft it is based on giving permission from properties >...
  4. Freezing apps due to no permission to write to Program Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Freezing apps due to no permission to write to Program Files: Hi. This is an odd issue I've never seen before. Firstly, my Windows specs: This is after an in-place upgrade using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. I did the usual sfc /scannow and DSIM commands. I'm using 3D printing application such as Cura and Prusa and I find that with...
  5. Grant Program Permission to Write Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Grant Program Permission to Write Files: Program is installed, upon first starting files are required to be written but access is not granted and I'm told to check permissions to folder in programdata, I've tried allowing everything but still the program has same error message. 179713
  6. read and write permission problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    read and write permission problem: hi all i created a share folder in windows server 2019 for windows 7 and windows 10 client, and assign READ and WRITEcopy and paste, not allow modify and delete permission to this share folder in windows 7 clients, i can save any file to this folder, everything is fine....
  7. No write permission on external harddrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No write permission on external harddrive: I just got a new external hard drive and built a new pc both for video and photo editing. today I went to export a photo out of photoshop and overwrite an old version of it when I was promted that I didn't have write permission for that folder. I read online I may need to...
  8. Don't have write permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Don't have write permission: Hello. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. It's default operating system when I bought my laptop from official store. First of all, I don't know is it my real problem or not , but most probably it is write permission, I guess. So I want to describe my problem precisely....
  9. Don't have write permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't have write permission: Hello. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. It's default operating system when I bought my laptop from official store. First of all, I don't know is it my real problem or not , but most probably it is write permission, I guess. So I want to describe my problem precisely....
  10. Programs can't write to Documents folder - Permissions problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs can't write to Documents folder - Permissions problem?: I can't put my finger on what triggered this, but I get an error message whenever a recently installed program tries to write to my Documents folder or Desktop folder (built-in Windows programs and other programs that I installed many months ago do not have this problem)....