Windows 10: Programs/games/setups not launching...

Discus and support Programs/games/setups not launching... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday I tried playing Among Us with my friends and after opening the game nothing would show up on my screen but it would show up in task manager.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joshua1737, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Programs/games/setups not launching...

Yesterday I tried playing Among Us with my friends and after opening the game nothing would show up on my screen but it would show up in task manager.

After some hours of watching tutorials and trying different methods I gave up.

Today I was going to install a game called Genshin Impact and the same problem occurred after opening the setup it wouldn't show anything on my screen and just went down in task manager as well.

I think this can't just be coincidence since my brother has a similar computer and can do everything normally.

This problem never happened before and I was able to play Among Us before yesterday but since then I can't figure a way to make it work again.

:)

Joshua1737, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

launching the wild lands

Hi,

We suggest that you install the latest graphic driver in compatibility mode and see if it resolves the issue.

• Right click on the Setup file of the Driver
      and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Click OK and run the setup.
    Also, try launching the game in Compatibility Mode. Please follow the steps below for more information:

• Right click on the Setup file of the Driver
      and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode.

Let us know if you need more help.

Thank you.

Rhen Pal, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Programs/games/setups not launching...

Windows 10 "An error occurred while launching the setup. The remote procedure call failed."

Hi Mike,

In order for us to find out what causes your game installation to fail and get error message "An error occurred while launching the setup. The remote procedure call failed", we would like to gather more information:

• What is the name of the game?
    • Did you get it from Windows Store?
    • Have you checked if the game is compatible to Windows 10?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Programs/games/setups not launching...

1. Programs/games/setups not launching... - Similar Threads - Programs games setups

2. Assertion Failed Launching certain games and programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assertion Failed Launching certain games and programs: Hey there, I recently got myself a thrustmaster t128 wheel and pedal set, however the day after I got it, my PC started acting strange, I started getting errors when I loaded up certain games like FiveM and FFXIV or when I loaded up the controller settings program.The error I...
  3. Assertion Failed Launching certain games and programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assertion Failed Launching certain games and programs: Hey there, I recently got myself a thrustmaster t128 wheel and pedal set, however the day after I got it, my PC started acting strange, I started getting errors when I loaded up certain games like FiveM and FFXIV or when I loaded up the controller settings program.The error I...
  4. Assertion Failed Launching certain games and programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Program not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program not launching: I am being told by a .exe program launcher that I am missing the following files. MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll. How can I fix this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-not-launching/726efdeb-e237-4874-ae48-e31ea78f4128
  6. Program not launching

Program not launching: I am being told by a .exe program launcher that I am missing the following files. MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll. How can I fix this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-not-launching/726efdeb-e237-4874-ae48-e31ea78f4128
  7. Microsoft downloaded games, apps, and programs will not launch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft downloaded games, apps, and programs will not launch.: The majority of games, apps, and programs that were preinstalled or I installed will not launch. They wont even visibly try and launch, an error message just pops up a few minutes later stating either A, that Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. and that...
  8. Microsoft downloaded games, apps, and programs will not launch.

Microsoft downloaded games, apps, and programs will not launch.: The majority of games, apps, and programs that were preinstalled or I installed will not launch. They wont even visibly try and launch, an error message just pops up a few minutes later stating either A, that Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. and that...
  9. Microsoft downloaded games, apps, and programs will not launch.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  10. Programs not launching

Programs not launching: Hi all, Today I've been setting up my new rig and I've been hitting an issue, some programs will not launch. The three main programs I've been having issues with are: -Paint, won't start no matter what I do -Geforce Experience, starts the launcher but wont open the...