Windows 10: programs having too small of an x button

Discus and support programs having too small of an x button in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi, il try to keep things short. i have a new monitor, a very huge monitor, and its so huge that most programs ones that use the default x button,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hell yeah, Jan 13, 2022.

1. hell yeah Win User

programs having too small of an x button

hi, il try to keep things short. i have a new monitor, a very huge monitor, and its so huge that most programs ones that use the default x button, think like paint.net, etc dont close when i go into the corner of closing it, instead, it closes anything else that doesnt have this issue things like discord, etc because their x button is custom and big enough for this issue to not be present. is there any way to largen the x button so this doesnt happen?or if its not because of this, is there any other advice?

:)

hell yeah, Jan 13, 2022

2. Upgraded to Windows Pro 10 and Fonts in my program too small to read

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that the issue of font size is specific to particular program.

This issue might have occurred due to incompatibility of the program on Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the program and install it in compatibility mode on Windows 10 and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Steps to Uninstall a program:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • Right click on ArcGIS program, Click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated application from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right click the application
      installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.

• Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.

• Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.

• Try installing the application
      and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 13, 2022
  3. Small Font in Programs

Hi Armin,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I can understand how frustrating it could be when things go unusual. I will certainly help you.

I think issue is with the compatibility due to which you face this issue. I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the programs in incompatibility mode.

Follow the steps to install the program in Compatibility mode.

• Download the updated program from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the program and check.

We suggest you to check the compatibility of program in compatibility center, refer the below link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home?Language=en-IN

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Jan 13, 2022
  4. programs having too small of an x button

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

programs having too small of an x button

1. programs having too small of an x button - Similar Threads - programs having too

2. Printing too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing too small: I have a new dell computer and it prints too small on my Epson et-8500. My other computer prints fine surface pro. Ever since the windows update the print size has been screwed up on the dell. What's the deal?...
  3. Way too small . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Way too small . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I've learned how, to put. Icon pictures, over folders.For example: Over my folder, of pictures.I have an, icon pictures. Of, a camera.But my view, is set to small icons. So my folders, are small.Which makes the, added icon...
  4. programs having too small of an x button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs having too small of an x button: hi, il try to keep things short. i have a new monitor, a very huge monitor, and its so huge that most programs ones that use the default x button, think like paint.net, etc dont close when i go into the corner of closing it, instead, it closes anything else that doesnt have...
  5. show desktop / peek button way too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    show desktop / peek button way too small: On my W10 desktop PC, the show desktop peek button to the far right side of the taskbar has gotten so small and hidden so that I can barely see it and can hardly position the mouse pointer on it to make it function reliably. It used to be just fine and I am not sure when it...
  6. show desktop / peek button way too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    show desktop / peek button way too small: On my W10 desktop PC, the show desktop peek button to the far right side of the taskbar has gotten so small and hidden so that I can barely see it and can hardly position the mouse pointer on it to make it function reliably. It used to be just fine and I am not sure when it...
  7. show desktop / peek button way too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. New to too small storage, have questions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New to too small storage, have questions.: My laptop is a 32 gbs, Intel. My windows is 64 bit home and activated to my account. I've installed Ubuntu onto an sd card. I want to use Ubuntu to delete my c: drive partition to do a factory reset of my windows 10 home 64 bit after backing up my drive to a usb stick....
  9. - [] x buttons too big

in Browsers and Email
    - [] x buttons too big: Hello, can i reduce size of these buttons, - [] x I have in chrome like 150 tabs and it is reducing amout of tabs which fit into one window. It is really annoying. Thanks. 111556
  10. Disk too small?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk too small?: So I have a Sony VAIO laptop. It came with Windows 7 and I was able to successfully upgrade to Windows 10. I wanted to then upgrade the HD from a 5400 drive to an SSD. Old one was 580 or so GB, new one is 480 GB. First step I tried was to clone the original drive using...