Windows 10: Programs installed on date keep changing

Discus and support Programs installed on date keep changing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In add/remove programs I noticed 3 different times this happened, like 8 random programs install date will jump to the current date even though they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Karizma, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Karizma Win User

Programs installed on date keep changing

In add/remove programs I noticed 3 different times this happened, like 8 random programs install date will jump to the current date even though they had been installed for weeks already. It's not really causing any issues, just curious whats causing it to happen.

I tried checking event viewer to see if any errors where happening on the days this would happen, I noticed error id 1008

The Open Procedure for service "BITS" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\bitsperf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

I don't know if thats the cause or just Coincidence. Anyone else having this issue?

:)

Karizma, Dec 4, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Running a 1995-created software program on Windows 10.

You can try installing the program in Compatibility Mode. It may install properly or it may not. If it installs, it may work properly or it may not. If it works properly today it might not work properly after the next Windows update.

As you are undoubtedly aware, Windows has changed enormously since Windows XP. If a program is no longer being maintained to keep up with the changes to the code, it can and eventually will become incompatible with the new Windows code and stop working.

There's nothing you can do when this happens. Someone has to keep the program's code up to date with Windows.

BulldogXX, Dec 4, 2015
  3. windows 10 up date. installed programs

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to know about what will happen to the files and programs installed on your computer, after you upgrade to Windows 10.

I would like to inform you that the files and programs installed on your computer will not get effected, when you upgrade to Windows 10. However to be on safer side, I suggest you to take backup of your data before upgrading to
    Windows 10.

Note: If you perform Clean installation on your computer to upgrade to Windows 10, all the data on your hard drive shall be lost.

I suggest you to refer the Windows 10 Microsoft help, to know more about Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-faq

Get Started with Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 4, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

I just checked and I also have one or two programs that do this. I suspect they both have an auto-update process associated with them which resets the program install date but I could not verify this in my task scheduler which is where I would have expected to see a correlation with the date change.

This is a wild guess but one of my date changes did correlate with a disk defragmentation task. Would it be possible for a file defragmentation to reset the date of an installed program?

philc43, Dec 6, 2015
  5. Steve C Win User
    Both of my PCs have done this - one was a clean install and the other just updated from Windows 10. I suspect its a bug and hope there will be a fix to restore the correct installation dates.

Steve C, Jun 19, 2016
  6. This quite happens if silent updates for your programs are happening in the background.

thebritton, Jun 19, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    None of my programs are subject to auto updates.

Steve C, Jun 19, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

There is no bug. It would be the Modified date that you are seeing. Most times it comes from software checking for updates.

bro67, Jun 19, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    You would be surprised what programs phone home with. A lot of it is analytics, showing how you are using it, etc.

Run a Packet sniffer to capture what the programs are doing and what port that they are using.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Programs installed on date keep changing - Similar Threads - Programs installed date

2. Keeping Installation Media Up to date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeping Installation Media Up to date.: When I purchase Window 11 on a USB or a DVD boxed versions , I get the current version of Windows at that moment in time. As time goes on, newer versions are released and sold, but I still have the older outdated release. I understand that if I need to re-install again later,...
  3. MS Word creation date keeps changing, how do I keep the date from changing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Word creation date keeps changing, how do I keep the date from changing: My user needs to show evidence to his client that the original creation date of the document but we noticed that once the file was emailed the creation date changes. Is any way to stop the date from updating when the other user received it?I am following the trend on Date...
  4. MS Word creation date keeps changing, how do I keep the date from changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Word creation date keeps changing, how do I keep the date from changing: My user needs to show evidence to his client that the original creation date of the document but we noticed that once the file was emailed the creation date changes. Is any way to stop the date from updating when the other user received it?I am following the trend on Date...
  5. MS Word creation date keeps changing, how do I keep the date from changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. is there away to change a programs date and time

is there away to change a programs date and time: Hello, I have a program that is kind of old and it will not install or run innless I change the systems date and time. Is there a way to change just the programs date and time with out having to change the hole systems date and time every time I want to use it? Thanks :)...
  7. Installed Program Dates Have Changed?

Installed Program Dates Have Changed?: I noticed the installation dates of about 12 programs and drivers have been changed to 24/12/15 in Control Panel / Programs & Features (see screen shot). I haven't made any changes and Reliability Monitor does not show any automatic updates. The programs still work. What...
  8. Installed programs - wrong install dates

Installed programs - wrong install dates: Is this another consequence of the recent flawed Win 10 update(s)? In my list of 214 installed programs (Settings > Apps > Apps & Features) about 150 are shown with install dates of 21/1/2018. That's the date I installed version 1709, including buggy KB4056892 which I've...
  9. Windows 10 Change installation date on programs

Windows 10 Change installation date on programs: Hello,i'm new here and also my language is Roumania,,so my english is bad. I have a weird problem with Windows 10 Pro x64,that problem appear with the launch of TH2 (1511),Windows change the instalation date on some programs,and after some investigation,i realized that there...
  10. Wrong Program Installation Dates!

Wrong Program Installation Dates!: I upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago. I noticed in Control Panel / Programs & Features that about 30 programs have an "Installed On" date of yesterday when they were actually installed ages ago and another 20 or so programs have an "Installed On" date of 10 June when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installed on date keeps changing

2. microsoft installed on date keeps changing

3. Programs installed on date keep changing