Windows 10: Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10

Discus and support Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had this Asus laptop for over a year (i3 4gb ram intel hd 4000 video card). With windows 8 64bit, I was able to run minecraft filling 1/2 the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by malgy, Sep 7, 2016.

1. malgy Win User

Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10

I have had this Asus laptop for over a year (i3 4gb ram intel hd 4000 video card).

With windows 8 64bit, I was able to run minecraft filling 1/2 the screen and firefox filling the other half with no issues. I would generally stream hulu or youtube while playing minecraft.

Since upgrading to windows 10, I have had nothing but problems with minecraft. My fps drop to nothing but I was able to add some lines to the advanced game options to tell java to allocate more memory and such for a marginal boost in game performance. However when I try to run firefox in split screen mode like before to stream hulu, youtube, etc, firefox is constantly hanging and then my system nearly grinds to a halt then I get an unresponsive javascript error and usually have to use task manager to kill firefox and my system continues to drag along. I have to reboot to get back my normal pc performance level.

Anyone else encounter anything like this in windows 10?

Originally I upgraded to 10 but recently I did a fresh install of win 10 and have the latest drivers and java installed.

:)

malgy, Sep 7, 2016

2. Program will not install in WIN 10 (not compatable), but installed in WIN 8.1?

I installed a scanner program in Windows 8.1. After the upgrade to WIN 10 I had to reinstall the program, but now WIN 10 tells me it is incompatible and will not install. I need to reinstall the program because before the reinstall WIN 10 detected the
    scanner is a printer and asked for a disk. I tried compatibility with WIN 8 and XP, but neither worked.

Ron Seipel, Sep 7, 2016
  3. invalid mdl range

HP Envy dv7 notebook came with win 7 but then upgraded to win 8 then to win 10.

The problem appeared after upgrade to win 10.

Alfie Nemo, Sep 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, would you care to add the model number of your laptop to your specs?
    Have you checked to see whether Asus have approved it for Win 10?
    What build are you running? (Windows key + R, type winver). Are you running Home or Pro?

Please post screenshots of your task manager when your PC is slow; organise columns where there is significant % use of resources with processes using most top most by clicking on the tab for the relevant column.

Some people find they have to use older driver versions than Win 10/MS provides (e.g. your Win 8 drivers); others have problems with older laptops with system and compressed memory (a new process in '10). Many possible issues.

dalchina, Sep 7, 2016
  5. malgy Win User
    I have the Asus X551C and my win 10 version is 1511 (os build 10586.545) when my system gets bogged down after firefox tosses the unresponsive .js error, if I look at the task manager firfox is holding 92% (or more) of the disk 82% (or more of memory)

malgy, Sep 7, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I have checked for you- these models are approved for Win 10:
    X551CA X551MA X552CL
    Windows 10 - Which model supports upgrade to Windows 10?

Please post screenshots of your task manager when your PC is slow; organise columns where there is significant % use of resources with processes using most top most by clicking on the tab for the relevant column. (Use the icon to the left of the video icon above your post - the tooltip is 'Insert images').

Please see what happens after a clean boot.
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums
    (Part 1)

What are you browsing for when this happens?
    Have you tried Firefox in its safe mode?
    Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

dalchina, Sep 7, 2016
  7. .js error means it's a java script error.

Why am I getting JavaScript errors? | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla Support

orlbuckeye, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10 - Similar Threads - Programs issues upgrading

2. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  3. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  4. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  5. original win 8 but after upgrade I lost my original win 8 version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    original win 8 but after upgrade I lost my original win 8 version: I bought an ASUS notebook around 2013 - 2014 with build in windows 8 inside. few months after windows give an update to windows 8.1. I just follow the instruction and since the update, my windows recognized as not activated windows. Till now 2019 after update my windows to...
  6. Win 8 upgraded to Win 10, after Win 10 reset the account Admin changed

Win 8 upgraded to Win 10, after Win 10 reset the account Admin changed: I have an ASUS G75VX, that came with Win 8. When I upgraded to Win 10, I had user groups and no default admin account. Which are features of Win 10 Pro. Recently I had an error that would not self repair. So I did a reset (keeping my data). After the reset, I have Win 10...
  7. cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10

cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10: 1. I have bought a genuine key of wins 10 pro 2. I had downloaded windows upgrade assistant and it started its work and after downlaoding 100% it says windows needs your attention on this ……. the following app is not compatible with windows uninstall it manually but...
  8. Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10: I purchased a program that was apparently designed to run on Win 8 for my Win 10 PC (all are current versions) and am unable to get it to run. The program is ShadowFX from Stardock Software. Is there something I can do to make such a program run on Win 10? Thanks....
  9. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?: I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10? 5917
  10. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?: I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418