Windows 10: Programs keep closing randomly

Discus and support Programs keep closing randomly in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm having a problem where opening a program causes a bunch of other programs to close. For example, if I have my anti-virus open and try to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by slippip, Jan 20, 2021.

1. slippip Win User

Programs keep closing randomly

I'm having a problem where opening a program causes a bunch of other programs to close. For example, if I have my anti-virus open and try to open steam, steam opens but the AV closes. When I check task manager, the AV is still open in the background, and when I reopen the AV steam closes.
    Is there a fix for this?

:)

slippip, Jan 20, 2021

2. Windows randomly closes

My windows will randomly just close at odd times. Any suggestions?

MelissaPhilbert, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Programs keep closing randomly

Windows Programs Keep Randomly Closing?

For some unknown reason, my programs keep closing randomly? I know these programs have randomly closed: Atom, Discord, Steam, Slack, Notepad++, SourceTree, and DevStax. Atom seems to close the most so I have to wonder if it's possibly causing other programs to crash? Or perhaps it was that Windows Media Update thingy?

I found some other people online that have issues with Atom and a 3rd party package Go-Plus, but no one has provided a solution and Atom gives me no useful logs. I'd just close Atom and see if I get any crashes but I work 8-12hrs/day in Atom so it's not very feasible because of that and the fact that I cannot reproduce it on command.

Is there a way to try and detect what is causing my programs to close randomly? I ran System File Checker and File Signature Verification and they both came back clean. Any other diagnostic tools I should be looking at? Thanks.

System Specs:
    OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063
    System Type: x64
    Processor: i7-4770
    Ram: 16GB

Mr_CryptoPrime, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Programs keep closing randomly

1. Programs keep closing randomly - Similar Threads - Programs keep closing

2. Programs Randomly Closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs Randomly Closing: My programs keep randomly closing and I have absolutely no idea why it's occurring in the first place. I'm not getting any error messages. I already looked at a thread that had something similar going on, but that person has error messages regarding being out of memory. This...
  3. Programs Randomly Closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Randomly Closing: My programs keep randomly closing and I have absolutely no idea why it's occurring in the first place. I'm not getting any error messages. I already looked at a thread that had something similar going on, but that person has error messages regarding being out of memory. This...
  4. game is keep closing in full windows, random file or program opening and closing really fast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    game is keep closing in full windows, random file or program opening and closing really fast: hey guys, there is this random program that opens and closes really fast cant tell what is it. when ever i play games it gets minimized, if i put it on windowed borderles instead of minimizing it, shows the task bar for a split second then back to the game. no this does...
  5. Games keep closing randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games keep closing randomly: The thing is, I made a clean install of my windows 10, but since then I have issues when gaming, some games I used to play (as Witcher 3) in high settings with low resolution with no problems such as lag or anything similar, now it closes randomly and it's not just with it,...
  6. Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs: I was having an issue where Win 10 would just randomly close anything that was open and take me back to desktop. This would happen with office 2016 programs, browsers, other software and games. Every thread relating to this on this forum had the same answers such as run SFC...
  7. Programs will randomly close and I keep blue screening...

Programs will randomly close and I keep blue screening...: So I just build this new PC and upon launch everything is fine until its on for about 20 minutes. My google chrome wont crash, but it will unload everything on the page like when I lose internet, and it has blue screened twice with the message being...
  8. Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs

Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs: I was having an issue where Win 10 would just randomly close anything that was open and take me back to desktop. This would happen with office 2016 programs, browsers, other software and games. Every thread relating to this on this forum had the same answers such as run SFC...
  9. Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly: I am using a brand new Asus ZenBook Flip UX360CA, and closing the lid causes strange behavior. It always sleeps and wakes like it should, and very quickly, but not quite right. It's subtle sometimes; if I left it closed overnight I might not even realize something had changed...
  10. Windows keeps closing my programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows keeps closing my programs: When ever I walk away from the computer for a little while, when I return all more programs have closed. I'm not sure what minimum amount of time passes before this happens but after an hour it's always displays this behavior. Anyone else have this happen? Is there a fix...