Windows 10: Programs loading twice

Discus and support Programs loading twice in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I select a program shortcut from my desktop it loads twice. For example, if I click on my GMAIL icon, the standard GMAIL opening screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeraldBarbo, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Programs loading twice

Every time I select a program shortcut from my desktop it loads twice. For example, if I click on my GMAIL icon, the standard GMAIL opening screen will appear, followed by my default view. But within about 5-10 seconds, the program goes through its opening routine again! Every program on my computer does this. It's driving me nuts! Any suggestions on how to fix this? FYI, I'm a user, not a techie, so please use small words.

My PC is a HP Envoy m6 running Windows 10.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Gerald Barbo

:)

GeraldBarbo, Sep 29, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Running a program twice?

the point is, you cant run steam twice in the same OS.

even if he did run it in a VMware, or on another physical machine - he doesnt get what he wants out of it (access to both friends lists in the steam overlay, or whatever he actually wants)

Mussels, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Programs loading twice

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading program list?!

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading the program list (It never even starts displaying any programs) and I believe it may be that a uninstall program messed up completely and Windows can't figure out what programs are installed because of it. What is the problem? Please?

ventusignis, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Programs loading twice

1. Programs loading twice - Similar Threads - Programs loading twice

2. Program runs twice, and hence crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program runs twice, and hence crashes: Hello. I am new so if i say anything wrong, please forgive I have a barcode printing program called qz tray. It refuses to launch. I have windows 10 running on a microsoft surface pro 3 tablet. When i try to start it, nothing happens. When i look at the program's...
  3. Programs loading slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs loading slow: When I click on a program (double click), the program doesn't pop up. When I click on it again, it might come up, but when I do this I get two of the program running. Any clue on why this is happening? Thanks 166737
  4. Program will no longer load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program will no longer load: I have Windows 10. I've been using a software entitled QuiltPro for years. I've upgraded every time one is offered. My program worked fine until just recently. Now it simply will not open. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but to no avail. The QuiltPro...
  5. Power on twice to load W10

Power on twice to load W10: I visit my son in the USA once in a while and about two years ago I upgraded his perfectly working W7 X64, 8Gb Desktop PC to W10. Despite all my efforts I could not get W10 to load unless I a) powered on and partway through the load it stops b) power off c) power on again and...
  6. program loading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program loading: My shortcut on the desktop for DragonNS13 doesn't work. How do I bring up the program? I am told it is in memory. I have a page listing files in the program, but how do I use that list to launch the app ?...
  7. Installed programs will not load

Installed programs will not load: I have two programs - amazon Kindle and Citi Virtual Account - that are listed in Control Panel as installed. When I try to load them Virtual Account, I receive the error message The item Program that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut...
  8. Some webpages load twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some webpages load twice: Is there a way to fix pages loading twice I edge, like national geographic for example? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-webpages-load-twice/9eed64ef-675b-490e-9e9d-25d32df125f3
  9. Down loading programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Down loading programs: I purchased a new computer from my school bookstore which is supposed to have Windows 10 office pro. I can not down load Google Chrome or Norton. I receive a message that for my security I can only download programs for the store? I have several other programs I need to...
  10. Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.: I have a user with a fairly new computer running Windows 10 Pro. He has Office 2016 H&B and for whatever reason his outlook shows twice in default programs. I don't know for sure but this seems to be causing several things not to work correctly. This includes the built in...