Windows 10: Programs Missing From Control Panel List

Discus and support Programs Missing From Control Panel List in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to uninstall some apps. Some are missing from Control Panel uninstall list of apps How can I find them? Windows 10 37229 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NOPD, Jan 12, 2016.

1. NOPD Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

Trying to uninstall some apps. Some are missing from Control Panel uninstall list of apps
    How can I find them? Windows 10

:)

2. rotelco Win User

Show "All Programs" in Windows 10.

Hi,

If you go to Control Panel via Start Menu, then to Control Panel page, type 'programs' in the search box - upper right corner, then 'show all installed programs on your computer' at the left side of the page under Programs and Features you should see all
    programs on that page and also the vertical list in the Start Menu.

The only thing missing is the 'bonjour' software.

If more than this is missing you should do a restore if you had all programs listed before.

rotelco, Jan 12, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    All programs not listed in Control Panel/Programs and Features?

Programs are supposed to be installed in the same drive where Windows is installed, so that's where Control Panel looks for them.

There's no law on the books against installing programs in a different drive, but if that's your choice you have to deal with the results on your own.

BulldogXX, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Programs Missing From Control Panel List

Don't you mean Start then All Apps
    If they are missing then they must be uninstalled already.
    If I have got it wrong then please explain more of what you are trying to do and what Apps you are trying to remove.

hTconeM9user, Jan 12, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    The "Control Panel uninstall list" is called Programs and Features. It only lists the programs you, the user, have installed personally.
    The apps that come with Windows 10 are not included in Programs and Features.
    Some of those apps can be uninstalled by right clicking at them > click Uninstall.
    Some you cannot uninstall without special way. If you have some of those, please post back with the names.
    And then there are some you just can NOT uninstall.

davidhk, Jan 12, 2016
  6. NOPD Win User
    I will try to make a description that is more accurate.
    • Apps I have installed all show up on the Start Button/All Apps list. Examples are XNview and Free Photo Viewer.
    • However, when I got to My Programs and Features page the same apps are missing from the list.
    • In order to uninstall one of these, Programs and Features wants me to click on the app I want to uninstall.
    • Can't do it because they are not listed on Programs and Features list.
    • Question...
    • How do I get them on the list so that i can uninstall?
    • Same situation occurs when I want to designate an app as a default... not on the Settings list.
    • They are not available
    P.S. I am aware that there are apps on the list that I don't want to mess with, such as Intel or Lenovo!

7. davidhk Win User
    Go to All apps > find the program under the Alphabet > right click at it > click Uninstall.
    Example : Auslogics.
    All apps > Alphabet A > right click Auslogics > Uninstall.

Programs Missing From Control Panel List [​IMG]

davidhk, Jan 12, 2016
  8. NOPD Win User

Works for uninstall.
    Still don't have apps showing up for choosing defaults

Settings > System> Default Apps

9. davidhk Win User
    Right click at Start > Control Panel > top right, click View by : select large or small > click Default Programs > wait for loading > left side, scroll to find your app > click it > click Set this program as default.

Otherwise, tell me which program you want to set as default.

davidhk, Jan 12, 2016
  10. NOPD Win User
    pps

Right click at Start > Control Panel > top right, click View by : select large or small > click Default Programs > wait for loading > left side, scroll to find your app > click it > click Set this program as default.
    Otherwise, tell me which program you want to set as default.

Sorry for taking so long.. family commitments over the weekend. Computer was off!
    1st irritation... Can't set PHOTOSCAPE as default to open Photos related. Right now XNVIEW is default. I want to delete it, but it is one of those that is on the all apps list but not on list that can be uninstalled (Programs and Features) PHOTOSCAPE is typical of a few others I want to make default. XNVIEW is typical of a few more I want to uninstall.

I read somewhere that only 64 bit programs show up in these lists. Mt tech knowledge is limited. Does that mean anything?

11. ealltech Win User
    Works for uninstall.
    Still don't have apps showing up for choosing defaults

ealltech, Jan 18, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Sorry, not sure how to help any further.
    Please wait a bit for someone to come along.
    Good luck.

davidhk, Jan 19, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

You said .......
    "Right now XNVIEW is default. I want to delete it, but it is one of those that is on the all apps list but not on list that can be uninstalled"

Well, go to All apps > locate XNVIEW > right click at it.
    Do you see the Uninstall option ?

Let me know if you are able to uninstall XNVIEW this way.
    If yes, then we'll go to next step.

davidhk, Jan 19, 2016
  14. pyramid10 Win User
    To make available Photoscape as a program to set as default, one must set at least two formats, like .jpg and .png, to Photoscape via Properties of a few files.

pyramid10, Jan 19, 2016
  15. NOPD Win User
    I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

Thema:

1. Programs Missing From Control Panel List - Similar Threads - Programs Missing Control

2. This Pic Collage program is not in the list of Programs and Features in the control panel...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This Pic Collage program is not in the list of Programs and Features in the control panel...: Because I think there was a leftover where the app would hang, so I just wanted to perform a clean uninstall.But then the revo program I installed couldn’t detect that program. Why?Hope to get help. Thanks in advance....
  3. This Pic Collage program is not in the list of Programs and Features in the control panel...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This Pic Collage program is not in the list of Programs and Features in the control panel...: Because I think there was a leftover where the app would hang, so I just wanted to perform a clean uninstall.But then the revo program I installed couldn’t detect that program. Why?Hope to get help. Thanks in advance....
  4. This Pic Collage program is not in the list of Programs and Features in the control panel...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Programs not showing in program list in Control panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not showing in program list in Control panel: Hello! I have a laptop running Win10 Home. I have been trying to remove some of the programs, but they do not show in the control panel. I have also looked in the registry under Local Machine/ software/windows/current version/uninstall and the programs aren't shown there...
  6. Program running that is not listed on the control panel

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Program running that is not listed on the control panel: I have a program running"Shaquille.exe and need to uninstall it, how can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-running-that-is-not-listed-on-the-control/dcaab1d0-98ba-45a5-9c68-f0850c42e727
  7. Steam is installed but is missing from apps and programs in control panel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steam is installed but is missing from apps and programs in control panel: Super weird issue, I have steam installed and it opens and works no problem, but it's missing from programs in control panel. I was going to uninstall it to try to fix it but I can't since it's literally missing from the programs list. Just wanted to see if there was a fix...
  8. Windows 10 programs not listed in control panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 programs not listed in control panel: I just did a reset of Windows because of some PC issues with the "Keep my personal files" option. When I booted my computer back up, I still had steam, origin, uplay, and a couple of other programs. However, I tried opening Origin and got errors about me missing some dll....
  9. Program listed in Control Panel not found on computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program listed in Control Panel not found on computer: Hello! I'm sorry if this has been asked before - if it has, I haven't been able to find it. There's a particular program listed under Control Panel on my computer that I've been trying unsuccessfully to get rid of for awhile, but I receive an error despite everything...
  10. Control Panel List

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel List: Why doesn't control panel display the long list of items alphabetically? Its tiresome always searching thru it to find an item. Did I not see somewhere a picture showing it in alphabetical order, and if so, how do you do it? 74553