Windows 10: Programs Missing From Control Panel List

Discus and support Programs Missing From Control Panel List in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller. Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NOPD, Jan 12, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

OK.
    1st suggestion. I won't give you the 2nd one if this one works.

Use this tutorial and enable Open With.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...dd-remove.html

Don't worry. This tutorial is applicable to Windows 10.

When that is done, go to a folder where you have pictures in jpg file extension.
    Right click at the picture with jpg extension > click Open With > at the bottom, click Choose another app >scroll and find PHOTOSCAPE > click it > click OK at the bottom.

Now try to open one of your jpg pictures and see if it opens with PHOTOSCAPE.
    If that works, do the same steps on picture with png file extension.

davidhk, Jan 19, 2016
  2. NOPD Win User

OK.
    1st suggestion. I won't give you the 2nd one if this one works.
    Open With... Did not work Photoscape not on the list when I do the sequence for Open With

3. davidhk Win User
    Refresh my memory.
    Is PhotoScape listed in Programs and Features.
    If it not , I cannot help you.

davidhk, Jan 20, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

You can try..................
    Go to Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type of protocol with a program > left side, scroll down to .jpg > click it > if it does not say PhotoScape as Current Default > top right, click Change program > scroll to find PhotoScape > click it > click OK.

davidhk, Jan 20, 2016
  5. Kuangli Win User
    I had exactly the same problem. However, mine is more complex

1. many programs are missing (the same), including Finale, Bluebeam, etc. I cannot remember what I installed before
    2. I use Bluebeam Revu as my default pdf viewer. But the preview window cannot connect to Revu.
    3. I want to reinstall. However, I CANNOT install because
    a. when I right click uninstall in start panel, it goes into control panel
    b. I cannot see Revu in control panel
    c. Revu didn't provide any uninstall.exe
    d. I cannot reinstall because it asks me to uninstall it first
    4. I use some file checking, register checking, malware checking, etc softwares. It doesn't help
    5. I can use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall. However, I still cannot reinstall again (all register/file system are cleaned). I don't know why.

So, it seems I should give up this software *Sad

Kuangli, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Programs Missing From Control Panel List - Similar Threads - Programs Missing Control

2. This Pic Collage program is not in the list of Programs and Features in the control panel...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This Pic Collage program is not in the list of Programs and Features in the control panel...: Because I think there was a leftover where the app would hang, so I just wanted to perform a clean uninstall.But then the revo program I installed couldn’t detect that program. Why?Hope to get help. Thanks in advance....
  3. This Pic Collage program is not in the list of Programs and Features in the control panel...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This Pic Collage program is not in the list of Programs and Features in the control panel...: Because I think there was a leftover where the app would hang, so I just wanted to perform a clean uninstall.But then the revo program I installed couldn’t detect that program. Why?Hope to get help. Thanks in advance....
  4. This Pic Collage program is not in the list of Programs and Features in the control panel...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Programs not showing in program list in Control panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not showing in program list in Control panel: Hello! I have a laptop running Win10 Home. I have been trying to remove some of the programs, but they do not show in the control panel. I have also looked in the registry under Local Machine/ software/windows/current version/uninstall and the programs aren't shown there...
  6. Program running that is not listed on the control panel

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Program running that is not listed on the control panel: I have a program running"Shaquille.exe and need to uninstall it, how can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-running-that-is-not-listed-on-the-control/dcaab1d0-98ba-45a5-9c68-f0850c42e727
  7. Steam is installed but is missing from apps and programs in control panel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steam is installed but is missing from apps and programs in control panel: Super weird issue, I have steam installed and it opens and works no problem, but it's missing from programs in control panel. I was going to uninstall it to try to fix it but I can't since it's literally missing from the programs list. Just wanted to see if there was a fix...
  8. Windows 10 programs not listed in control panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 programs not listed in control panel: I just did a reset of Windows because of some PC issues with the "Keep my personal files" option. When I booted my computer back up, I still had steam, origin, uplay, and a couple of other programs. However, I tried opening Origin and got errors about me missing some dll....
  9. Program listed in Control Panel not found on computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program listed in Control Panel not found on computer: Hello! I'm sorry if this has been asked before - if it has, I haven't been able to find it. There's a particular program listed under Control Panel on my computer that I've been trying unsuccessfully to get rid of for awhile, but I receive an error despite everything...
  10. Control Panel List

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel List: Why doesn't control panel display the long list of items alphabetically? Its tiresome always searching thru it to find an item. Did I not see somewhere a picture showing it in alphabetical order, and if so, how do you do it? 74553