Windows 10: Programs needing to be run as administrator to function

Discus and support Programs needing to be run as administrator to function in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not sure when this started, but I know it was working fine a week ago. The 2 notable programs are League of Legends and Nexus Mod Manager. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Silvos, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Silvos Win User

Programs needing to be run as administrator to function

I'm not sure when this started, but I know it was working fine a week ago. The 2 notable programs are League of Legends and Nexus Mod Manager. When I open Nexus Mod Manager, it says it doesn't have rights to the drive Skyrim is on. If I go to program files and run as admin, it works fine. League of Legends will also not run if I do not go to the program files and "run as administrator." I don't know what caused this, but nothing has changed on this PC since a week ago.

:)

Silvos, Aug 30, 2015
  2. ChiefZeke Win User

Some programs demanding to be run as administrator when I am an administrator

Also, for your information - it is possible to log on as User/Admin - which you did -but also as Admin/Admin - which makes that person the system Administrator rather than a User Administrator.

ChiefZeke, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Some programs demanding to be run as administrator when I am an administrator

In Windows 7, I am logged in as "USER, ADMINISTRATOR"

However, on some programs when I try to run them I get the message

"please log in with administrator privileges and try again"

Question, How do I log in with "Administrator Privileges" if I am already

logged on as a "USER ADMINISTRATOR" ?

Confused

Moved from Insider

Original title: Administrator

Robert Epp, Aug 30, 2015
  4. dcol Win User

This is an issue that affects everyone. You have to go to the compatibility properties and set the program to run as an administrator. This is a great pain in the butkas for me since I have 100's of programs and have to do this every day.

Run as Administrator in Windows 10

Being an admin user and turning UAC to minimum doesn't work.
    If ANYONE knows a tweak or patch that solves this let us know. PLEASE.

5. Almighty1 Win User
    Actually, goto C:\Users\<username> where <username> is the user in question, click on properties and securities and make sure your account has full control, then click on advanced and have it inherit to all the child. It seems when Win10 installed or upgraded a existing system, it messed up permissions for some folders and sometimes you have to manually go into the folders in question.

Almighty1, Sep 16, 2015
  6. dcol Win User
    Nope, been there, done that. Did a full disk permission sweep. Still need to 'run as administrator'

7. Almighty1 Win User
    I only noticed a problem with certain startup apps that requires admin mode won't start so what I had to do was use the following: ElevatedShortcut for Windows 7 and Windows 8

Then there was apps like QQ International which normally doesn't require Administrator in Win7 but in Win10 says it doesn't have access to the folder and running it as Admin seems to fix it but the real culprit was some folders inside my own users folder won't get the ownership until I manually went to that specific folder to do it.

Almighty1, Sep 16, 2015
  8. dcol Win User

I think in an effort to strengthen security in Windows 10. MS caused a world of trouble. Even a user with admin rights is not a true admin anymore. This policy may be fine for domain users, but workgroup uses should not have these restrictions.

dcol, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Programs needing to be run as administrator to function - Similar Threads - Programs needing run

2. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  3. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  4. Cannot run a program as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot run a program as administrator: Hello,Last week, I sent my laptop to my IT team's company to install VPN for me to work remotely at home. So, everything went smoothly when I log in as usual into my windows but the problem is I can't open certain program which requires 'run as administrator'. Suddenly, it...
  5. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  6. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  7. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  8. Unable to run Programs as Administrator

Unable to run Programs as Administrator: I have recently noticed that, although I am shown as Administrator in my Profile and "netplwiz" confirms this, I am unable to run Programs as Administrator. They all open and run OK on double click. Anyone know what might be causing this? Cheers. Ken...
  9. Issue with running programs as administrator

Issue with running programs as administrator: Hi there. Couple days ago I formatted my SSD drive and reinstalled Windows 10 on it. Since that moment I have issues with account I use(lets call it ABC) even though I granted admin permission on every layer is known to me. I can't run some .exe files like CITRIX Workspace...
  10. Run User Program As Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run User Program As Administrator: I want to create a small program (bat, exe, PowerShell, whatever) to delete all Event logs. I want to put this on the C drive (not a shortcut on the desktop), double-click it, and it runs. I don't want to have to right-click and choose Run as administrator. Approving the UAC...