Windows 10: Programs not opening after 2004 update

Discus and support Programs not opening after 2004 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there I recently updated my computer to the latest 2004 build, to be honest I did it without thinking, windows update is telling me to install,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeBlogs3, Jun 27, 2020.

1. JoeBlogs3 Win User

Programs not opening after 2004 update

Hi there

I recently updated my computer to the latest 2004 build, to be honest I did it without thinking, windows update is telling me to install, have no reason to disagree with it. BIGGEST MISTAKE!

So after 3 attempts at the update which all came down to an external harddrive plugged in, I finally installed it and noticed Team Fortress 2 Hammer editor would not open. Checked the event viewer and it kept popping up with ESENT 642 errors.

I've tried MANY things to fix this issue, but with each attempt another program stops opening. So far I can't open Google Chrome and now Microsoft Edge, this is not to mention the blue screens.

How do I fix this?

:)

JoeBlogs3, Jun 27, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 27, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Programs not opening after 2004 update :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Programs not opening after 2004 update

Some Programs Not Opening After Windows Update

Uninstalling the following updates SOLVED the issue for me. Now I can open all of my programs again. Hurray! Won't have to reinstall Windows after all. Shame on MS for the quality of their recent updates.

• Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 (KB4514359)
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4515384)

metanoiance, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Programs not opening after 2004 update

1. Programs not opening after 2004 update - Similar Threads - Programs opening 2004

2. Win 11 after update no opening any program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 after update no opening any program: Hii I made today the win 11 update. After the update the pc booted up but I can not open any programs except for file explorer! I can also not open any settings neither the terminal. I tried to go over the installer into the terminal. And I did the sfc scannow command. It...
  3. Win 11 after update no opening any program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 after update no opening any program: Hii I made today the win 11 update. After the update the pc booted up but I can not open any programs except for file explorer! I can also not open any settings neither the terminal. I tried to go over the installer into the terminal. And I did the sfc scannow command. It...
  4. Chrome takes time to open after new Update (2004)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome takes time to open after new Update (2004): ^ submitted by /u/hrithik15 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9kphx/chrome_takes_time_to_open_after_new_update_2004/
  5. Can't open Windows Security after 2004 update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open Windows Security after 2004 update.: After 2004 update I can't open Windows Security. When I click Windows Security, system show message "We’re updating Windows Security. It should be ready to use again shortly." I try click from Settings, from Start Menu, from Tray - it doesn't work.[ATTACH]...
  6. No Bluetooth after 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    No Bluetooth after 2004 Update: Hi, since updating to the 2004 version of W 10, my Bluetooth has gone on the blink......I have uninstalled it, then re-installed, still won't work.....unpaired my phone, now it won't even re -pair...I know it's not the phone as it works on other laptop....any suggestions ?...
  7. can not open any programs after latest windows 2004 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not open any programs after latest windows 2004 update: Hi after the new windows 2004 update I can not open any programs. I get the error can not find for eg. C:/PROGRAMM FILEX86/STEAM/STEAM.EXE make sure the name is correct error Please assist...
  8. start menu search is not searching programs anymore after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu search is not searching programs anymore after 2004 update: i use my start menu to find and open all of my programs, i just typed the name and hit enter. much faster than finding it on the desktop or in the start menu side bar. i just updated my pc to 2004 today and now no programs come up in search when i start typing from the start...
  9. Old program no longer opens after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Old program no longer opens after update: I use a program for a video game. It's located inside the game folder itself and worked on early versions of Windows 10. Ever since I updated my Windows it no longer opens. I've run the incompatibility troubleshoot and tried also the incompatibility tab within the program's...
  10. Some Programs Not Opening After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Programs Not Opening After Windows Update: Have Windows 10 build 1803. Installed the updates that were released yesterday. Since then some of my programs are not opening, the cursor spins for a couple seconds then nothing. Did sfc /scannow, it found corrupted files. Those were fixed, but the problem persists. I...