Windows 10: Programs not opening but show on task managaer

Discus and support Programs not opening but show on task managaer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TimothyTismo, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Programs not opening but show on task managaer

This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried many solutions but none seem to be working. To reccount the things I have tried:- Disabling UAC- Running programs as Administrator- Performing Clean Bootup- Using SFC and DISMHowever, through some investigation of the wait chains, I have found out that all the programs that do not open are all waiting on "svchost.exe PID:

:)

TimothyTismo, Aug 10, 2022
  2. JimWynne Win User

Program opening with with poer up.

Did you open Task Manager as I suggested? Please don't make this more difficult than it needs to be.

JimWynne, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Ephraim Win User
    BFG GTX295+WOW=Managa 3D settings?

i knew it...managa 3d settings full ultra = BFG GTX 295?

who have BFG gtx295 and managa 3d settings to show me please!

Ephraim, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Programs not opening but show on task managaer

New Apps not showing anywhere

Hi Simon,

I would suggest you add create a shortcut to these programs in the Desktop till we fix this issue. You can right click on the frequently used programs and select 'Send to Desktop' to create a shortcut for that program in Desktop. To troubleshoot this issue,
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Programs not opening but show on task managaer

1. Programs not opening but show on task managaer - Similar Threads - Programs opening show

2. Programs not opening but show on task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening but show on task manager: This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried...
  3. Programs not opening but show on task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs not opening but show on task manager: This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried...
  4. Programs not opening but show on task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Programs not opening but show on task managaer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs not opening but show on task managaer: This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried...
  6. Programs not opening but show on task managaer

Programs not opening but show on task managaer: This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried...
  7. No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open: No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open. I have run all the trouble shooters but no problems can be detected. BUT there IS a BIG problem!!!...
  8. Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs: Hello, I have already created a empty "Startup" Folder in "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" I go to task manager nothing shows up. I have also tried putting Shortcuts inside the new "Startup" Folder. Thank you....
  9. circles on task bar opening programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    circles on task bar opening programs: I have blinking circles on my task bar opening up programs and not allowing me to use my mouse to control anything. This is after Windows 10 update. Help Please!...
  10. Windows 10 Managaer

Windows 10 Managaer: Has anyone ever used this software to help control Windows 10 ?? If so what did you think of the results? 123884