Windows 10: Programs not opening but show on task manager

Discus and support Programs not opening but show on task manager in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TimothyTismo, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Programs not opening but show on task manager

This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried many solutions but none seem to be working. To reccount the things I have tried:- Disabling UAC- Running programs as Administrator- Performing Clean Bootup- Using SFC and DISMHowever, through some investigation of the wait chains, I have found out that all the programs that do not open are all waiting on "svchost.exe PID:

:)

TimothyTismo, Aug 10, 2022
  2. JimWynne Win User

Program opening with with poer up.

Did you open Task Manager as I suggested? Please don't make this more difficult than it needs to be.

JimWynne, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Edenuzki Win User
    Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that
    the programs I want to start are not listed (Steam and Discord)

Here is a screenshot of my task manager startup tab if you need it. (A lot of programs have been removed from it for some reason)

https://puu.sh/Dyunv/6b1a653db7.png

Help would be appreciated on how to add these programs back.

Thank you.

Edenuzki, Aug 10, 2022
  4. imanalien Win User

Programs not opening but show on task manager

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Programs not opening but show on task manager

1. Programs not opening but show on task manager - Similar Threads - Programs opening show

2. Programs not opening but show on task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening but show on task manager: This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried...
  3. Programs not opening but show on task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not opening but show on task manager: This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried...
  4. Programs not opening but show on task managaer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening but show on task managaer: This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried...
  5. Programs not opening but show on task managaer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs not opening but show on task managaer: This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried...
  6. Programs not opening but show on task managaer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically.: Help, I have looked online for every single video or blog talking about the topic. My computer works fine, it hasn't seemed to slow down or anything, but one thing causes me a lot of trouble, my Task Manager does not work, once you click it, it opens and shows "No running...
  8. Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs: Hello, I have already created a empty "Startup" Folder in "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" I go to task manager nothing shows up. I have also tried putting Shortcuts inside the new "Startup" Folder. Thank you....
  9. Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager: Old software that I use regularly slows the boot process and other applications. I cannot find it in any "startup" folder (even Task Manager). There are two registry entries in Computer\HKEY_USERS\ ... (etc.) ending with ...\program.exe\shell\open\command It does...
  10. Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager: I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that the programs I want...