Windows 10: Programs Not Opening from Taskbar

Discus and support Programs Not Opening from Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can click on the programs on the taskbar and they do not open up on the desktop but if I hover the mouse over the taskbar they have in fact opened up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SueStock2725, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Programs Not Opening from Taskbar

I can click on the programs on the taskbar and they do not open up on the desktop but if I hover the mouse over the taskbar they have in fact opened up but just not to the main screen. I have tried right mouse clicking to choose Restore or Maximise and nothing happens. They just stay open in a hidden environment.

:)

SueStock2725, Jul 12, 2021
  2. Tenforo Active Member

Remove (open) programs from taskbar

I'd just get a program called Ultramon. It puts a second taskbar on the second monitor, so if you have something up and running on the second monitor at all times it is displayed on that taskbar. It doesn't do exactly what you want, but it does solve the problem of wasted taskbar space.

Tenforo, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Remove (open) programs from taskbar

Hey all!

Ok, so some programs I have running all the time, like Spotify and Outlook. They are actually pretty much open all the time as I finally got around to plug in the second monitor. So it feels like a waste of taskbar space to actually have them be there, especially as I have them ready at hand in the notification area.

It seems almost no programs can do this on their own, so does anyone know of anyway that this can be done?

Thanks for looking!

/Frick

EDIT: I know Outlook since 2003 have the option to "Hide when minimized", and that's good and all, but it's still in the taskbar when it's up and running.

Tenforo, Jul 12, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Programs Not Opening from Taskbar

How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ??

@Triliuner I'm sorry to hear it's not as simple as that.

When you have multiple windows opened from a single application e.g. 2 separate windows from Chrome, do they show up as previews when you hover over Chrome's icon in the taskbar, or as a list? Just asking to clarify that, they are at least showing as previews. If not, this should help: Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

As for the different windows not showing when you hover your mouse over a preview, maybe it has something to do with the delay, see here: Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials (restoring the default value)

I hope that helps, if not, maybe others can suggest some other things to try..

Tenforo, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

Programs Not Opening from Taskbar

1. Programs Not Opening from Taskbar - Similar Threads - Programs Opening Taskbar

2. Hiding programs from Widows taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hiding programs from Widows taskbar: These days, there are so many junk programs that run in the background that my Window 10 taskbar is jammed packed of icons. It used to be possible to run programs without them adding an icon on to the taskbar. it looks like Microsoft has "Fixed" that now, so that all programs...
  3. No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open: No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open. I have run all the trouble shooters but no problems can be detected. BUT there IS a BIG problem!!!...
  4. Present programs from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Present programs from the taskbar: When i open google chrome with other apps, if i am using google chrome and i want to open another program from the taskbar, it will not open . I have to minimize google chrome every time. Any solution? submitted by /u/qais18 [link] [comments]...
  5. Programs dissappearimg from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs dissappearimg from the taskbar: So I installed the newest updates and now some programs stop appearing in the small arrow menu in the task bar. GeForce experience, Uplay, overwolf and asus gpu tweak are some of them. The nvidia control panel dissappeared completely, after reinstalling the drivers it...
  6. open program icons in taskbar

open program icons in taskbar: Windows has always let me toggle between open windows by either clicking on the item in the taskbar or on the window itself (for example, when I'm going back and forth between Excel and Chrome). But now the Chrome button is the only icon that brings its window to the...
  7. Open OneDrive from Taskbar

Open OneDrive from Taskbar: Hello. I am currently using the OneDrive Premium. One day the windows size has changed when open the up to date list from the taskbar icon. How can I get back to the original size? [IMG] [Moved from: Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Task Bar]...
  8. Programs not restoring from taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs not restoring from taskbar: I recently discovered this glitch after upgrading my Win 10 to v1803 b17134.165 certain programs refuse to restore after being minimised to the taskbar. They just flash up to the top left of the screen and disappear, but still remain tiled in the taskbar. When i hover the...
  9. Open OneDrive from Taskbar

Open OneDrive from Taskbar: Hello. I am currently using the OneDrive Premium. One day the windows size has changed when open the up to date list from the taskbar icon. How can I get back to the original size? [IMG]...
  10. Programs that are open are not indicated to be so on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs that are open are not indicated to be so on the taskbar: Hello *Smile I've been searching around for solutions to this issue myself but have doing so to no avail so far. Hence I thought it would be a good idea to share my issue with other people who'd might be able to help me out *Biggrin As the title suggests, whenever I have...