Windows 10: Programs not responding

Discus and support Programs not responding in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently my Lenovo Windows 10 pc freezes to the point that it now longer functions with out removing power and restarting. This can occur both when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DMD237, Aug 7, 2019.

1. DMD237 Win User

Programs not responding

Recently my Lenovo Windows 10 pc freezes to the point that it now longer functions with out removing power and restarting. This can occur both when in active use or after coming back from sleep mode. Programs including all Office products are gray with the spinning icon and program not responding message. Also, the touch screen functionality is mostly gone (this has been the case for a while and may have occurred after an earlier windows update). Occasionally it will return after removing and reinstalling the HID setting. But most times not. Both issues are very limiting, especially if in the middle of something and the entire PC freezes. Any suggestions?

:)

DMD237, Aug 7, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Programs not responding :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Programs not responding

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Programs not responding

1. Programs not responding - Similar Threads - Programs responding

2. End program - Microsoft.Shar not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End program - Microsoft.Shar not responding: Recently every time I try to shut down my computer, I get a pop-up notification saying End program - Microsoft-Shar and I have to go to the task manager and end the Microsoft SharePoint task, then I don't get the notification anymore. I tried to fix this issue by uninstalling...
  3. End program - Microsoft.Shar not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End program - Microsoft.Shar not responding: Recently every time I try to shut down my computer, I get a pop-up notification saying End program - Microsoft-Shar and I have to go to the task manager and end the Microsoft SharePoint task, then I don't get the notification anymore. I tried to fix this issue by uninstalling...
  4. Getting programs to "Always Responding"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting programs to "Always Responding": Hello,I'm very sick of programs always saying "Not responding". Is there a way to not have this happen and get all programs to "Always responding"? I'm sick of the not responding message. Please run me through on how to always get programming to respond at any time no...
  5. Getting programs to "Always Responding"

Getting programs to "Always Responding": Hello,I'm very sick of programs always saying "Not responding". Is there a way to not have this happen and get all programs to "Always responding"? I'm sick of the not responding message. Please run me through on how to always get programming to respond at any time no...
  6. The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.: Ever since I installed window 10 and upgraded windows, my PC is working very slow and software is also not responding. No program is opening. Tell me its solution....
  7. The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.

The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.: Ever since I installed window 10 and upgraded windows, my PC is working very slow and software is also not responding. No program is opening. Tell me its solution....
  8. The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Programs all not responding roughly 60 seconds after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs all not responding roughly 60 seconds after boot: This morning I was on my computer for about an hour when I noticed no programs were responding. I did not get any errors from either the programs or windows, inputs simply had no feedback and existing processes halted. YouTube running on Microsoft edge stopped like it was...
  10. Programs all not responding roughly 60 seconds after boot

Programs all not responding roughly 60 seconds after boot: This morning I was on my computer for about an hour when I noticed no programs were responding. I did not get any errors from either the programs or windows, inputs simply had no feedback and existing processes halted. YouTube running on Microsoft edge stopped like it was...