Windows 10: Programs not running unless run as admin

Discus and support Programs not running unless run as admin in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So its like worst case . From 1 year i m from this problem . And from my experience i introduce that this problem ( application not running like edge ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BhaiBhai1, May 28, 2019.

1. BhaiBhai1 Win User

Programs not running unless run as admin

So its like worst case . From 1 year i m from this problem . And from my experience i introduce that this problem ( application not running like edge , task manager , regedit an all unless they runned as admin ) occurs because of installing applications from d drive (in my case ) ( that application installer is from my old windows 10 as i reinstall windows 10 many time because of this problem so i store that app installer to my d drive and format my pc after that i install app back and problem start occuring again at the same time means not a sec it takes to lock all the windows app ) the solution to not have this prob i download that installer again from internet and install app and windows work perfectly . But some installerw i cant not install again n again frm internet as they r big i have to install it from already installed installer from my previous window . I think that when windows see app ehich it dosnt seem to be installed by internet or not in windows eye windows make it in shell to protect system file but i wNt to deactivate that thing plz help me

:)

BhaiBhai1, May 28, 2019
  2. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, May 28, 2019
  3. JayNW Win User
    UAC for everything unless logged into as admin?

I'm new to windows 10, but am I missing something? I installed windows 10, did all my updates, then created a user account for me. My understanding is that it is better to run as a user than to always be logged in as admin day-to-day. But this is frustrating as programs aren't working and I find out that its because they needs admin rights. This morning I logged into my user account and tried to open Quicken for the first time. I get the error message and it appears the program isn't working. I logged in as admin and it works fine. This seems overboard to me. That I cant run quicken unless I'm the admin. There should be a set of trusted programs. Any suggestions? Other than running as admin all the time.

Thanks.

JayNW, May 28, 2019
  4. Programs not running unless run as admin

Open a running program

Hi,

Which program are you referring to?

If Windows states that the program but can't see it, then I would suggest you check in the task manager if the program is running in the background. Right click on the start menu and select "Task manager" and check if the process is listed in the processes
    that are running currently. If yes, right click on the program and click on "End task" to end the process completely. Now restart the PC and try launching the program. If the issue persists, get back to us with the name of the application that you are trying
    to use so that we can check suggest accordingly.

Bennet Martin, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Programs not running unless run as admin

1. Programs not running unless run as admin - Similar Threads - Programs running unless

2. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  3. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  4. Run program as admin shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run program as admin shortcut: Hi , I have a program that is really slow loading for a standard user , but when I right click, run as admin - put my admin creds in programs loads fastSo I can create a shortcut to this program on desktop , that is always run as admin and the user doesn’t need to type in...
  5. Run program as admin shortcut

Run program as admin shortcut: Hi , I have a program that is really slow loading for a standard user , but when I right click, run as admin - put my admin creds in programs loads fastSo I can create a shortcut to this program on desktop , that is always run as admin and the user doesn’t need to type in...
  6. Run program as admin shortcut

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Some programs don't open unless run as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs don't open unless run as admin: So a few days ago I restarted my laptop and I think I opened it after a few hours and when I tried launching certain apps they would not launch but then I tried it with admin privileges and it worked. But I want the apps to open normally if any one can help with this in the...
  8. Some programs don't open unless run as admin

Some programs don't open unless run as admin: So a few days ago I restarted my laptop and I think I opened it after a few hours and when I tried launching certain apps they would not launch but then I tried it with admin privileges and it worked. But I want the apps to open normally if any one can help with this in the...
  9. Programs keep freezing when I type unless I run it as Admin.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs keep freezing when I type unless I run it as Admin.: Hello! So I recently upgrade my PC to windows 10 from windows 7. Everything went smoothly until we started to use it. Every program freezes unless I open it as Administrator which I shouldn't because I am the Administrator. So I figured that is because of the permissions...
  10. Apps won't run unless I use " Run as admin "

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps won't run unless I use " Run as admin ": Hello everybody -- first of all I am sorry if my English is not very well... but I have problem with running apps. I can't run Taskmanager, msconfig, regedit using run while clicking on them, but if I use " run as admin " they will run without any problem. Also I have this...