Windows 10: programs not running...

Discus and support programs not running... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Friends came over... wanted to show them the Windows 10 beta I am running. When i click on the start icon, nothing. When I click on IE-11 nothing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sammytruck, Feb 6, 2015.

1. programs not running...

Friends came over... wanted to show them the Windows 10 beta I am running.

When i click on the start icon, nothing. When I click on IE-11 nothing.

Yet when I click on File-explorer or FireFox there isn't a problem.

I have rebooted and shut-down several time. Yet no change in the results.

Would like my start-menu back if possible.

:)

sammytruck, Feb 6, 2015

2. Taskbar not highlighting running programs

Hi,

To assist you further, we highly recommend that you post your query on this
    forum
    , and follow the steps below:

• Select Community.
    • Select Forums.
    • Select View All.
    • Then select the appropriate category.

Regards.

Michael Gall, Feb 6, 2015
  3. Taskbar not highlighting running programs

I don't know which category i should choose, could you help me?

PiotrTomczyk, Feb 6, 2015
Thema:

programs not running...

1. programs not running... - Similar Threads - programs running

2. New monitor running at 144hz but programs aren't

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New monitor running at 144hz but programs aren't: I've just got a new monitor which runs at 144hz and at the moment have only connected my work laptop to it. I've gone into the display settings in Windows and made sure it's displaying at 144hz. I've also checked on the monitor itself and it says that it's displaying at...
  3. Programs Crashing after Windows Update and Windows Update running every day.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs Crashing after Windows Update and Windows Update running every day.: Good afternoon, After the latest Windows update my laptop began running slowly. Some basic features are causing apps to crash as well. Adobe Acrobat crashes if I try to "save as" another file type. Quicken crashes if I try to import a file. Edge is super slow loading...
  4. Windows Installing new programs or running installers

Windows Installing new programs or running installers: Hello all, I seem to run into the same issue of my computer not letting me install new programs or even download programs i used google chrome. Whenever I did get the program to download on my computer, after opening the installer, it would say it failed. This is not a...
  5. Flight Simulator 2020 Program turns to 'Not Responding' after running for the first time

Flight Simulator 2020 Program turns to 'Not Responding' after running for the first time: I downloaded and installed FS2020 from the Xbox Game Pass App, and it's supposed to install more things when you run the app for the first time. However, it doesn't. Instead, it comes on, and has a black screen. It has a small loading symbol in the right hand corner. It loads...
  6. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  7. Taskbar pinned running program is not marked prominently enough.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar pinned running program is not marked prominently enough.: Hi I've got two problems with the line next to the running programs on the taskbar of win10. I use the taskbar on the left as I always did monitors are wider than tall. I use a lot of pinned programs, too, for an easy start to the day. Some programs are running, and usually...
  8. Need assistance running DOS program on Win10

Need assistance running DOS program on Win10: Good morning, I have an old DOS test scoring program that I need to run on my Win10 (64bit) computer. Obviously, it doesn't work. I will also need it to print the test results. Is there an easy way to run DOS on Win10? Obviously, when I try and run it, I am unable to. I...
  9. Cannot Run Program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Run Program: Hello, I had a problem where my pc cannot run a certain program like Services and I try to perform a clean boot using System Configuration. Every time I open the System Configuration it freezes for a while and shut down by itself...
  10. Is there a way to stop Notifications only when a particular program is running?

Is there a way to stop Notifications only when a particular program is running?: I receive calendar notifications in the bottom-right of the screen. I appreciate these and want to keep receiving them, except when I am playing a game. When I play a game, I will receive the calendar notification in the game, and if I click Dismiss, it takes me to my...