Windows 10: Programs Not Showing Up in Start Menu

Discus and support Programs Not Showing Up in Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I download programs. They get place in Documents folder (did another question on that). They don't show up in Start Menu. How do I get them to show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lindalouk, Dec 3, 2019.

1. lindalouk Win User

Programs Not Showing Up in Start Menu

I download programs. They get place in Documents folder (did another question on that). They don't show up in Start Menu. How do I get them to show up there? Thanks.

:)

lindalouk, Dec 3, 2019

2. Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User
    installed program not showing in start menu

Actually not. I just did one for a batch file I have with a shortcut that runs elevated. here are the steps I did.
    First I created my shortcut to the desktop

Programs Not Showing Up in Start Menu [​IMG]

Then I placed it in the start menu/programs folder

Then it appears as New in All Apps, Which I right click and pin to Start Menu.

There it is.

Cliff S, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Programs Not Showing Up in Start Menu - Similar Threads - Programs Showing Start

2. Windows Start Menu not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Menu not showing up.: Hello together,we have a User with a broken start menu on his laptop. Hitting the win key, or pressing it with a mouse will result to a colored icon, but not open up the menu. Details:This Error only occurs for one specific user on this machine. It happens on windows 10 and...
  3. Programs not showing in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs not showing in start menu: I recently changed which SSD I wanted games and a few other things on. Since changing this any of the things installed aren’t showing up on the start menu. I have 3 different SSD’s, not sure if this have anything to do with it? I don’t know if I’m supposed to enable the...
  4. PROGRAMS NOT SHOWING IN START MENU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PROGRAMS NOT SHOWING IN START MENU: Hey there! I have a problem, few days ago I noticed that I dont have all my programs in start menu, they are all gone and when I search for them in search box I cant find them there....
  5. Start menu not showing up

Start menu not showing up: Neither this or searching menu don't show up help submitted by /u/Kamiks0320 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0o9xv/start_menu_not_showing_up/
  6. Start menu not showing up

Start menu not showing up: Neither this or searching menu don't show up help submitted by /u/Kamiks0320 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0o9xv/start_menu_not_showing_up/
  7. Start menu doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu doesn't show up: HI, my pc is having this simple problem: when left clicking on the start icon the start menu doesn't show up, instead the icon background chances colour from black to white. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Other info: - full screen start menu mode works. - the start menu works with...
  8. installed program not showing in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installed program not showing in start menu: have installed Aome hdd manager on my W10 PC and laptop. on the PCs it appears in the start menu and also as an icon in the start menu. but on the laptop it is not showing, have uninstalled and reinstalled and created a shortcut from the installed .exe file then chose...
  9. Programs in start menu aren't showing up in Windows search

Programs in start menu aren't showing up in Windows search: I have a video here for demonstration. Essentially programs in the start menu aren't showing up. Simple as that. This is a fresh install of the latest creators update, literally straight from the ISO on the Media Creation Tool. Any help appreciated. 82081
  10. Some programs won't show up in/get pinned to the Start menu

Some programs won't show up in/get pinned to the Start menu: Hi, Something a bit weird with the Win 10 start menu. I'm using Oracle VirtualBox, and installed the latest version after upgrading to Windows 10 (5.0.1 beta). It works fine, but for some reason I can't pin it to the start menu, nor does it show up in the start menu when I...