Windows 10: Programs not showing up on child's account

Discus and support Programs not showing up on child's account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 labtops both with different child's accounts on them. On one of them, the downloaded apps, like Chrome and Firefox show up on both mine... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ConstanceJMT, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Programs not showing up on child's account

Hi,

I have 2 labtops both with different child's accounts on them. On one of them, the downloaded apps, like Chrome and Firefox show up on both mine and my child's. However, on the other one, only the Chrome shows up. I can't figure out how to access Firefox from the child's account. We do schooling online and some of the programs work best through Firefox. I have been having her use my account. But I really need her to be able to access her own so I can better monitor and control what she is doing. Please let me know how to do this.

NOTE: I have "removed" both Chrome and Firefox from the "Do NOT allow" browser options. So what else needs to be done?

Thanks,

ConstanceJMT

:)

ConstanceJMT, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Programs not showing up on child's account

Child Account not showing up at login

Hello,

1. Have you verified the date of birth you setup for these child accounts?

If you have not setup their date of birth properly on
    https://account.live.com/,
    we suggest you login your children's account and apply the complete details and update the account. After updating the profile information, remove and re-add the child account on the Family Safety website.

Please follow these steps on how to remove a child and re-add it as a member of your Family Safety program.

To remove a member, follow these steps:

1. Log in to https://fss.live.com.

2. Click Remove a family member.

3. Select the member you want to remove by selecting the checkbox on the right of each member.

4. Click Remove, confirm it by clicking Remove again.

To add the member again, follow these:

1. Click Add a new child.

2. You will be asked to sign in the member you want to add. Click Sign in at the right side of the option "Does this child has a Windows Live ID?"

3. Sign in using the child account. After entering the child account, it should appear as the member.

Reference:

Keep your kids safer on the PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/add-child-account

Kindly let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Programs not showing up on child's account

1. Programs not showing up on child's account - Similar Threads - Programs showing child's

2. Cannot access a program on child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access a program on child account: Hello,I have installed a program on my child's account, but I can only access it from the main account on the computer. How do make it so my child can access the intalled program?...
  3. Cannot access a program on child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access a program on child account: Hello,I have installed a program on my child's account, but I can only access it from the main account on the computer. How do make it so my child can access the intalled program?...
  4. Manage permissions for child account shows no options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manage permissions for child account shows no options: In an effort to be allowed to change the date of birth on my now well over a decade old account, I have been forced to create a new account and add the old one to a family group with the new one acting as a parent account. I'm supposedly able to change the age on my original...
  5. Manage permissions for child account shows no options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manage permissions for child account shows no options: In an effort to be allowed to change the date of birth on my now well over a decade old account, I have been forced to create a new account and add the old one to a family group with the new one acting as a parent account. I'm supposedly able to change the age on my original...
  6. Child account not showing in manage child accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account not showing in manage child accounts: One of my child's accounts is not showing as a child account in the manage permissions section - it is appearing in my Family. This means I can't change app permissions. I have ensured all details of the account are correct and my other child is appearing correctly and I...
  7. How to set up a child account

How to set up a child account: I'm having trouble setting up a child account on a Windows 10 machine. I'm prompted to add a child, but the system won't accept the account because the email account isn't a Microsoft account, and I don't plan to give him a Microsoft account. So if I select instead the...
  8. Setting up Child accounts on a Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up Child accounts on a Laptop: How can I share Apps and software on my children's login on our family laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-child-accounts-on-a-laptop/39cb219c-3b9e-4843-acf6-885725d87f58
  9. Child's device shows up in 'Family Devices' but is not linked to child's account. How do I...

Child's device shows up in 'Family Devices' but is not linked to child's account. How do I...: Child's device shows up in 'Family Devices' but is not linked to child's account. How do I get it specifically linked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/childs-device-shows-up-in-family-devices-but-is/1c0ca7ca-9fd9-4519-8eca-c8b61d1be812"
  10. program blocking for child account

program blocking for child account: In Windows 7, I was able to basically block all programs. That is, all programs would be blocked unless the admin password was entered. There was also a way to allow certain programs without password. I can't seem to figure out how to do a similar thing in Windows 10. Did...