Windows 10: Programs not starting at startup

Discus and support Programs not starting at startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Win 10 latest version. No viruses or spyware. Check regularly with good programs. I have notice over the last few weeks 2-3 of my programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Denver7, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Denver7 Win User

Programs not starting at startup

I have Win 10 latest version.
    No viruses or spyware.
    Check regularly with good programs.

I have notice over the last few weeks 2-3 of my programs were not starting with Windows like have been for the past few years. I go into the program itself and the box that says start with Windows in unchecked now for some reason on all of the programs. There is nobody else that uses my computer.

Any thoughts?

:)

Denver7, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 12, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

What's your ideology on when to start startup programs? Best Method?

My ideology, everything I don't need/want to startup right away is removed from the list and started manually.
    Takes less time and prevents the trouble you have.

If you have so many trouble with starting 15 programs at boot, I would suggest that you remove some of the programs and start them manually.

Thema:

1. Programs not starting at startup - Similar Threads - Programs starting startup

2. startup program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startup program: Hello, How can I set chrome as my startup browser. It used to be under task manager under process and startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-program/2c04d635-5ff5-4273-b893-bf60a36cd991
  3. Startup Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup Program: I'd like to know what's this startup program if its a virus, I cant even open it's location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/startup-program/28b9ac5d-b1d0-4ed4-bbae-c65a93aaead1
  4. Startup programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup programs: Hi, I disabled google AVG chrome from starting with windows but it starts anyways and when it starts It leads me to strange sites, I've got feeling that I've got virus in my computer. Is there way to fix it?...
  5. Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows maintains a list of programs that can launch themselves as soon as you log in to the system. It comes in handy for those […] This article Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups): A couple of years ago my fairly new computer started to take forever to boot. Actually, boot time was okay, the problem was getting to the desktop and then waiting up to five minutes for the desktop to fully load to be able to launch anything! Looking for information on what...
  7. Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup Programs: Hello Microsoft Community, How can I prevent certain programs from starting when Windows starts? Will startup programs slow my computer down? And is there a way to modify the program so it will not start up when Windows starts up during the installation process? Any help...
  8. startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.: I run Windows 10. Maybe 6 months ago I put Firefox.exe in my startup folder (running shell:startup). From then on, whenever I booted Windows, Firefox would start, just as I wanted it to. About a month ago, Firefox didn't start up when I booted my machine. So, I started it...
  9. No startup folder - how to auto start a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No startup folder - how to auto start a program: Since there is no START folder, how do you set up an exe file to run whenever windows 10 starts? Thanks Doug 28491
  10. Startup programs do not start with windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup programs do not start with windows: hello guys, In task manager I can see all programs which are supposed to start together with windows, however, none is starting… Every time I start windows I have to start these programs manually. Anybody else with the same behavior? 2251