Windows 10: Programs not starting, restarting leads to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Discus and support Programs not starting, restarting leads to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, for the past few days, my laptop has been acting up and giving BSODs. At random times, the laptop freezes or programs like Firefox don't start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zygoat, May 4, 2021.

1. zygoat Win User

Programs not starting, restarting leads to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hello, for the past few days, my laptop has been acting up and giving BSODs. At random times, the laptop freezes or programs like Firefox don't start up. When I attempt to restart after such things happen, the laptop gets stuck at the Restarting... screen for a few minutes and then shows a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD. Can someone please help me out? Thanks in advance! I have attached the V2 Log collector zip. Specs: Computer type: Laptop System Manufacturer/Model Number: Asus TUF Gaming FX505DY-BQ002T OS: Windows 10 20H2(64-bit) CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H Memory: 8192MB Single Channel DDR4 Graphics Card(s): AMD Radeon RX 560X 4GB Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 Hard Drives: WD Blue SN500 512GB NVME SSD Toshiba MQ04ABF100 1TB HDD

:)

zygoat, May 4, 2021
  2. zygoat Win User

Hello, for the past few days, my laptop has been acting up and giving BSODs.
    At random times, the laptop freezes or programs like Firefox don't start up. When I attempt to restart after such things happen, the laptop gets stuck at the Restarting... screen for a few minutes and then shows a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD.

Can someone please help me out? Thanks in advance!

I have attached the V2 Log collector zip.

Specs:

Computer type:
    Laptop

System Manufacturer/Model Number:
    Asus TUF Gaming FX505DY-BQ002T

Windows 10 20H2(64-bit)

CPU:
    AMD Ryzen 5 3550H

Memory:
    8192MB Single Channel DDR4

Graphics Card(s):
    AMD Radeon RX 560X 4GB

Screen Resolution:
    1920x1080

Hard Drives:
    WD Blue SN500 512GB NVME SSD
    Toshiba MQ04ABF100 1TB HDD

zygoat, May 4, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Programs not starting, restarting leads to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 4, 2021
  4. Programs not starting, restarting leads to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Programs not starting, restarting leads to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Similar Threads - Programs starting restarting

2. Driver_Power_State_Failure during restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver_Power_State_Failure during restart: Hi, my system is windows 11 23H2, the device is a lenovo thinkbook16p gen4.I'm experiencing very slow restart with bluescreen Driver_Power_State_Failure stop the normal restart, with error code 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000004, 0x000000000000012c, 0xffffaf01fbc17040,...
  3. Driver_Power_State_Failure during restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver_Power_State_Failure during restart: Hi, my system is windows 11 23H2, the device is a lenovo thinkbook16p gen4.I'm experiencing very slow restart with bluescreen Driver_Power_State_Failure stop the normal restart, with error code 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000004, 0x000000000000012c, 0xffffaf01fbc17040,...
  4. BSOD on restarting Windows 11 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on restarting Windows 11 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hey everyone,I have an issue with BSOD crashes upon restarting on a DELL Latitude 7440.The dump files seem to point driver issues but I'm not well versed enough with debugging dump files to point out the specific issue. Research on similar errors have come to no frution.I...
  5. BSOD leading to spontaneous restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD leading to spontaneous restart: I'm not sure where to begin but I'll hope some kind souls will tell me what info I should post in order to troubleshoot this. As the subject states, my Lenovo Desktop T7i is experiencing periodic BSODs which lead to a spontaneous restart with no intervention on my part. I've...
  6. Random crashes leading to restarts

Random crashes leading to restarts: Hi, I have recently experience random crashes which results into a restart for Windows 10. I have looked through the event viewer to check on the date in which first started and it was on 3/11/2021. [ATTACH] Before logging down the event whereby the system has rebooted,...
  7. Computer stuttering and blue screening DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on restart

Computer stuttering and blue screening DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on restart: Hello, I've been having issues with my computer 'stuttering' - the cursor moves with a stutter and the computer slows down overall. If I restart the computer while it's in this state, it eventually blue screens during the restart process and when I do finally get the...
  8. Driver_Power_state_failure only during PC restarts

Driver_Power_state_failure only during PC restarts: Some restarts cause Driver_Power_state_failure on my new pc build. Please help me find the driver at fault. You can tell which restarts will result in a BSOD as applications feel laggy when scrolling through or playing games. A restart that causes the BSOD also takes ages to...
  9. driver_power_state_failure during restarting

driver_power_state_failure during restarting: Hi, I have problem with BSOD. Blue death come during restarting. Computer I must reinstall, because Windows 10 will not load. Will not load neither Safe Mode. driver_power_state_failure this is problem. 13018
  10. Hang at shutdown or restart - BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure

Hang at shutdown or restart - BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure: Hi All, I recently replaced my original HDD with a Samsung SSD 120GB, installed fresh Windows 10 Pro on my laptop and now, it cannot be shutdown or restarted properly as before. When I shutdown/restart the PC, the screen goes black but the power button light is still on...