Windows 10: Programs not starting, videos not playing, cause not known

Discus and support Programs not starting, videos not playing, cause not known in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i have a ''unique'' problem that i have recently ran into, it started yesterday and happened again today. So i was playing Overwatch and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NordicPoju, May 23, 2017.

1. Programs not starting, videos not playing, cause not known

Hello, i have a ''unique'' problem that i have recently ran into, it started yesterday and happened again today.
    So i was playing Overwatch and after shutting it down and starting up Chrome, i soon noticed i couldnt play any videos, nor was there any sound coming out of any speaker. So i tested out on Edge, a slight 0.5s long sound could be heard of the video before the whole page would freeze, on Chrome it would only display buffering on eternal loop, but it didnt freeze the browser like Edge did.

Also it did display a error message ''Error login into profile'' when starting Chrome 2nd time.

I couldnt start any programs on my computer, tried with FL Studio and Overwatch, and neither would start, FL studio would display logo on screen but not progress and Overwatch would display black screen.

I have ran Spybot,Avast,Malwarebytes (0 viruses found or removed) and CCleaner without any resolve

Now comes the interesting part, both times, yesterday and today, running Windows Memory Diagnostic fixed this problem allowing me to use my computer like normally, even though the diagnostic said no errors were found.

I'm wondering if it would be a symptom of computer failing (CPU,RAM,Hard Drive)

+ on a side note if anyone knows how to recover deleted Chrome profile, would be nice, theres no backup under the ''Previous versions'' tab

Please ask any further questions if you have, i tried to be as understandable as i could with my semi-broken english *Smile

:)

NordicPoju, May 23, 2017
  2. Not Neo Win User

Browse all apps - missing from Windows 10 update

Hello. I ran the Start Menu troubleshooter and it didn't find an error. I'm not receiving any kind of error message, I just don't see any of my apps on the start menu nor do I see any of my windows folders to access control panel and other windows apps.
    The only icons that show up on the start menu are "Settings", "power" and "file explorer". I also do not have a search box to search for apps.

I appreciate your help but at this point I think I'm just going to roll back the updates. If that doesn't bring the apps list back, I have a license for Windows 7 I can use.

Thank you for your replies.

Not Neo, May 23, 2017
  3. Not Neo Win User
    Browse all apps - missing from Windows 10 update

I installed the latest update for Windows 10. The 17 hour upgrade process was not fun. Now that my laptop has finally unlocked, I notice I can't find any of my apps (browse all apps is gone). How do I get the list of all apps back so I can scroll through
    and find the app I need? Or, am I stuck having to find individual apps in file explorer? I do not like the start screen option. I like classic list displays that don't take up my whole screen. Any suggestions? At this point I'm thinking of just uninstalling
    Windows 10 and going back to Windows 7. It's been nothing but problems since I've upgraded. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Not Neo, May 23, 2017
  4. Programs not starting, videos not playing, cause not known

Welcome to the forums NordicPoju!

Wow..... that's a real head scratcher of a problem you have there. Easiest things first. Have you installed any new programs or app's? Have you tried a system restore to a point before this started? Have you ran a system file check for any corrupt system files? Have you tried uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling it?

Some system spec.'s would help to maybe diagnose your problem too.

indianacarnie, May 23, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    Open administrative command prompt:
    10 Ways to Open the Command Prompt in Windows 10
    run: sfc /scannow
    run: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Please report the results for each.
    type: winver and in the pop up view the version and build and post into the forum

type: win + s (simultaneously) then type reliability to open the reliability control panel. Using snipping tool copy and paste into the forum.

zbook, May 23, 2017
  6. I haven't installed any apps in the last few days that would cause this problem last installation was a game and that was over week ago.

This is partly my fault, but i dont have any recovery points. I have it turned off so it doesnt create any ''backup'' versions, or so i understood when i went to search for previous versions.

So i ran both the tests and first one said: No integrity violations found and the second one just said successful

Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1198)

How do i use the snipping tool ? TBH, there wasnt anything in the reliability window, except for the ''Edge stopped working'' because it froze, but other than that no other errors.

System specs
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
    GPU: GTX 780
    MoBo: MS-7388
    RAM: 8GB total, 2 different brand 4 GB each

This computer has been running around 15 hours a day for the last 5-7 years or so.

NordicPoju, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Programs not starting, videos not playing, cause not known

1. Programs not starting, videos not playing, cause not known - Similar Threads - Programs starting videos

2. Razer Synapse causes youtube to not play videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Razer Synapse causes youtube to not play videos: One day I updated Razer Synapse, and now youtube won't play. I have tried resetting all audio settings, reinstalling all my drivers and razer synapse, but nothing has worked. However, if I have razer synapse uninstalled youtube works fine. How do I fix this?...
  3. Razer Synapse causes youtube to not play videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Razer Synapse causes youtube to not play videos: One day I updated Razer Synapse, and now youtube won't play. I have tried resetting all audio settings, reinstalling all my drivers and razer synapse, but nothing has worked. However, if I have razer synapse uninstalled youtube works fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. Latest security update KB5031356 causes "start icon to not respond. Is this a known issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest security update KB5031356 causes "start icon to not respond. Is this a known issue?: The "start" icon at the bottom left of the lower taskbar stopped working following installation of the latest security update. I have had to uninstall the update to restore functionality to the "start " button--is this a common issue??...
  5. Latest security update KB5031356 causes "start icon to not respond. Is this a known issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest security update KB5031356 causes "start icon to not respond. Is this a known issue?: The "start" icon at the bottom left of the lower taskbar stopped working following installation of the latest security update. I have had to uninstall the update to restore functionality to the "start " button--is this a common issue??...
  6. Latest security update KB5031356 causes "start icon to not respond. Is this a known issue?

7. Videos take very long to start playing

Videos take very long to start playing: I have same problem as the person stated under - video it does not matter if its online or some downloaded video take like 5 seconds to start and if paused for longer period it takes again 5 sec to start again. Just diffrent laptop i have Dell G3 15 3590 intelcore i7-9750...
  8. Videos take very long to start playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos take very long to start playing: I have a Windows 10 Dell Vostro with an 11th Gen i3 processor, 8 GB RAM, and an HDD. For some reason, any video takes unnaturally long to start playing on my laptop. For videos that are on my HDD, VLC takes around 5-10 seconds to actually start playing the video after it has...
  9. Recent Windows update causing videos to not play

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Windows update causing videos to not play: So I had a windows update and after it videos would not play. The audio plays but the video is just a blank green screen or sometimes the video won't play at all...
  10. Playing Get Started Videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Playing Get Started Videos: Just downloaded Windows 10. Went to Get Started page and tried to play each of the videos. Each one failed to play. Any idea why? 10493